Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Basketball (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=497)
-   -   There IS a way to play CPU vs CPU in MyGM and Season Mode - post patch!! (/forums/showthread.php?t=690892)

BenjiA 12-08-2013 10:52 AM

There IS a way to play CPU vs CPU in MyGM and Season Mode - post patch!!

Hey folks! I figured out a way to enjoy CPU vs CPU games in your MyGM career and Season Mode. However this only works if you have 2 controllers and it's restricted only to the games of your team (not the other ones around the league).

Instructions:

Connect your first dual shock controller and go to your upcoming game. You'll see your controller moving over to your team's side. Now press the PS button with your 2nd dual shock controller and choose new user profile for PS4 (NOT current profile). Create account as a guest and choose no for internet options. A new icon (CPU) will now show up in the middle of the two teams.

After connecting, your 2nd controller will now show red LED light while your 1st will still be blue. Now hold on to the PS button with your 1st controller and choose to log off. After logging off your 2nd controller will still have red light (which means player 2) and the CPU icon will remain in the middle of the two teams while the player 1 icon on the side of your team has disappeared. Now simply press X or start and your game will begin CPU vs CPU.

*NOTE: If anyone of the 2K Team reads this post: PLEASE don't try to fix this 'glitch'. We CPU vs CPU players need that option to enjoy our games in MyGM and season mode. Rather find a way to give us back the option to choose sides instantaneously.

**NOTE 2: Don't know if this works for XBOX One users.

Gosens6 12-08-2013 11:47 AM

Re: There IS a way to play CPU vs CPU in MyGM and Season Mode - post patch!!

Wow you are the man for this!!!!!

Sent from the Dungeon Of Doom using Tapatalk

FBall Life 12-08-2013 12:39 PM

Buying a second controller today JUST FOR THIS! THANK YOU!

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA!

PRBoricua 12-08-2013 12:43 PM

This is great :y220e:

Now somebody find a way post-patch to play couch co-op in my GM mode! My brother and I are quite sad we can't continue our long standing tradition of playing 2K together! :y5:

ChaosIndulge1227 12-08-2013 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PRBoricua (Post 2045748049)
This is great :y220e:

Now somebody find a way post-patch to play couch co-op in my GM mode! My brother and I are quite sad we can't continue our long standing tradition of playing 2K together! :y5:

This. Great find man, great find. Now we just need to figure a way to play co-op!

My situation is exactly like yours: All I do in NBA 2K is play association mode with my brother!

Some genius find a way! lol

farles83 12-08-2013 08:38 PM

I don't suppose anyone has a way to do the same with XB1?

Game is just sitting on the shelf gathering dust atm.

PRBoricua 12-08-2013 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by farles83 (Post 2045749897)

I assume the process would be the exact same, try it.

HarrySTruman 12-09-2013 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by farles83 (Post 2045749897)

I have inadvertently started a CPU v CPU game twice on my XBox One. In the first case, my kid and I were playing a quick game, and we tried to switch sides by switching controllers. The Kinect spotted this, and a popup warned us that the controllers were disconnected. I think we clicked continue, and presto, we had a CPU v CPU game -- which we couldn't figure out how to stop!

I think this also happened when I was playing a MyTeam game, but this time I had the only controller. I handed it to my kid, and poof, it was CPU v CPU again.

So yeah, you can use the XBox to generate CPU-only games. That's not what I WANTED to do, but I did it!