Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Basketball (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=497)
-   -   NBA 2K14 patched in Always Online requirement (/forums/showthread.php?t=691287)

airjoca 12-09-2013 09:14 AM

NBA 2K14 patched in Always Online requirement

Just found about this at NeoGAF:

Quote:

When NBA 2K14 was originally released it could be played offline, however, since the latest patch there is now a requirement that you ALWAYS be connected to the internet to play on both Xbox One and PS4 versions of the game.

It won't even load the game up, furthermore if you're playing the game and your internet connection drops and/or PSN/XBL stops working, the game closes down.

The online requirement seems to be linked in with 2K's 'Virtual Currency' which is pretty much tied into all aspects of the game and verified through their own servers. So, I guess to ensure people don't cheat they require this "24/7" connection whenever you want to play the game.

However, the issue I have is that it doesn't state this on the box. All it mentions in regards to online is that a PSN Subscription will be required for online play.

So for all the amazing improvements in graphical quality 2K have achieved on PS4 and Xbox One, it looks like they've taken a massive step backwards in customer relations in my opinion.

I suppose I can return the game to Amazon and cite that the game was miss-sold in regards to advertised features/requirements on the box. However, I'm not sure that'll change anything with 2K's stance.
This is why some players are stuck at the LeBron screen.

This is some major BS! When I bought the game, it did not have this requirement. And I did NOT AGREE with it afterwards.

BS!

King_B_Mack 12-09-2013 09:25 AM

Re: NBA 2K14 patched in Always Online requirement

That is inexcusable on their part. Shady. They better fix that.

Csquared 12-09-2013 09:28 AM

Shady shady shady.

Steve_OS 12-09-2013 10:08 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Not true.

You can still play NBA 2K14 offline. I just tried.

The menu changes and as you can see, some features are missing. Like NBA Today, MyTeam.

Rotatingkitchen 12-09-2013 10:10 AM

Steve are you just signed out of PSN/XBL? Or have you completely disconnected your console from the internet?

The Timber Wolf 12-09-2013 10:12 AM

I have tried three times.

ONE = I can't load my OWN saved season file.

TWO = Got stuck on LeBron screen for ten minutes and then gave up.

THREE = Got past the NBA teams logo screen and then it just hung for a few minutes and I had to use the options button to leave.

This game is a buggy mess. It is a disgrace they released this in a completely bugged state. I have had crashes, I have had failed roster loads, I have the works. For $60, I got some sort of bugged beta. I have bought every 2K game released, but I feel completely cheated by them on this. It is an inexcusable mess. They don't even seem to give a crap. Ronnie 2K is basically an arrogant car salesman.

tariqosuave 12-09-2013 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve_OS (Post 2045751385)
Not true.

You can still play NBA 2K14 offline. I just tried.

The menu changes and as you can see, some features are missing. Like NBA Today, MyTeam.

Here's my question... If all the stuff is saved to the server or cloud how can you access your offline stuff without the cloud?

Gosens6 12-09-2013 10:19 AM

I can also play offline just fine

Sent from the Dungeon Of Doom using Tapatalk