Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Pro Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   I'm Tired of Hearing This (/forums/showthread.php?t=691784)

Watson 12-11-2013 10:12 AM

Re: I'm Tired of Hearing This

> "I'm tired of hearing this."
> Begins to talk about it.

ProfessaPackMan 12-11-2013 11:50 AM

Just people getting caught up in the moment, that's all.

NDAlum 12-11-2013 12:50 PM

Everything I hear is about Josh Gordon being the #2 WR in the league. Haven't heard a soul say Gordon > Megatron

I'd say #2 is fair at this point based on his performance, or at least in the 2nd tier group. Megatron is by himself.

ProfessaPackMan 12-11-2013 12:55 PM

I wouldn't even put him in the 2nd tier group as of now. He needs to do this for more than few games and maybe even a year before I put him with the likes of Andre, Larry, B-Marsh.

I need to see consistency, preferably for year or more.

slickdtc 12-11-2013 12:56 PM

I'm Tired of Hearing This

I'd absolutely put Gordon up there with the elite WR's. I thought it was a flash in the pan last year, but he's gotten better and better. It's remarkable. Came in after a 2 game suspension and dominated. Tailed off for maybe a game or two? Then right back to putting up numbers, and then putting more numbers on those numbers. I've followed him pretty closely.

But Calvin Johnson is by himself. Alone atop the mountain of WR's. The widest of the receivers! One receiver to rule them all!

areobee401 12-11-2013 01:14 PM

The widest of the receivers. That actually made me laugh out loud a little. Well done.

TheRealHST 12-11-2013 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bryceisdabest (Post 2045756896)
I'm officially tired of hearing Calvin Johnson vs. Josh Gordon debates. These are not real. This is coming from a Detroit fan but c'mon Josh Gordon has had one good season and he hasn't played long to show consistency. Don't get me wrong that Josh Gordon is a great player but I do not think he is Calvin great or will be any time soon. Just because he is about to catch him in fantasy doesn't mean anything, especially because the Browns do not have a consistent run game and Gordon is there only weapon.

So, what do you guys think?

I believe that these are the football fans that you should not entertain. He is a player with huge potential, but it only one season. I would have laughed at this so called debate

wwharton 12-11-2013 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slickdtc (Post 2045758097)
I'd absolutely put Gordon up there with the elite WR's. I thought it was a flash in the pan last year, but he's gotten better and better. It's remarkable. Came in after a 2 game suspension and dominated. Tailed off for maybe a game or two? Then right back to putting up numbers, and then putting more numbers on those numbers. I've followed him pretty closely.

But Calvin Johnson is by himself. Alone atop the mountain of WR's. The widest of the receivers! One receiver to rule them all!

Yeah I will say that for Gordon, he started to show his skills last year... it just wasn't widely noticed. I'm comfortable putting him in the 2nd tier now, especially considering what he's done with the QBs throwing the ball. But I could also see why some would want to see him do it again first. Defenses haven't focused on game planning against him after a year or years of success, yet.

I do find it funny that the OP tries to discredit Gordon bc the Browns don't have a running game or many other options to throw to. That sounds like Detroit every year before this one... and even with Bush on the team, Stafford still tosses the ball more than anyone with Calvin being option 1, 2 and 3.