Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football Sliders (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=495)
-   -   Sacks and balanced CPU passing. (/forums/showthread.php?t=692272)

Gagnon39 12-12-2013 07:40 AM

Sacks and balanced CPU passing.

I'm five games into my franchise with the Bears and I was checking some stats yesterday. I looked at my defensive stats compared to the rest of the league and noticed that I have 32 sacks, which is good for first in the NFL. The most surprising thing to me was the next best team had just 15 sacks. There's no doubt that my sack totals are a bit unrealistic (I play on All-Pro) but I've gotten good results finally and like how the game plays.

If I was to turn up CPU pass blocking I fear that the CPU would become way to accurate (in terms of completion percentage) and make the game frustrating.

Have any of you guys messed with that sliders to adjust your sack totals? I don't want to end up breaking the sack record by 50.

PMO 12-12-2013 07:44 AM

Re: Sacks and balanced CPU passing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gagnon39 (Post 2045760457)
I'm five games into my franchise with the Bears and I was checking some stats yesterday. I looked at my defensive stats compared to the rest of the league and noticed that I have 32 sacks, which is good for first in the NFL. The most surprising thing to me was the next best team had just 15 sacks. There's no doubt that my sack totals are a bit unrealistic (I play on All-Pro) but I've gotten good results finally and like how the game plays.

If I was to turn up CPU pass blocking I fear that the CPU would become way to accurate (in terms of completion percentage) and make the game frustrating.

Have any of you guys messed with that sliders to adjust your sack totals? I don't want to end up breaking the sack record by 50.

I play all-madden and have CPU ACC at 20, Pass Block at 60 and Intentional Grounding at 1 (that helps they throw the ball away more, rather than get sacked)...............same things may work well on All-Pro, maybe not the CPU ACC that low but I am not sure

Wish we still had Pass Rush slider although I say that then in the next sentence ill say I wish we have NO SLIDERS so we could just play lol

Gagnon39 12-12-2013 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PMO (Post 2045760464)
I play all-madden and have CPU ACC at 20, Pass Block at 60 and Intentional Grounding at 1 (that helps they throw the ball away more, rather than get sacked)...............same things may work well on All-Pro, maybe not the CPU ACC that low but I am not sure

Wish we still had Pass Rush slider although I say that then in the next sentence ill say I wish we have NO SLIDERS so we could just play lol

Turning down the intentional grounding slider is a really good idea. I never would have thought about doing that. I already have both user and CPU passing accuracy at 10. I've thought about turning it down to 5.

A large majority of my sacks are coverage sacks. I'm a firm believer that when the CPU can't find anyone completely open they don't throw the ball, as opposed to me who tries to thread the needle when no one's wide open. This results in a higher completion percentage than I'd like and more sacks at the same time.

Do you notice the CPU throwing the ball away more when intentional grounding is set to 1?

PMO 12-12-2013 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gagnon39 (Post 2045760477)
Turning down the intentional grounding slider is a really good idea. I never would have thought about doing that. I already have both user and CPU passing accuracy at 10. I've thought about turning it down to 5.

A large majority of my sacks are coverage sacks. I'm a firm believer that when the CPU can't find anyone completely open they don't throw the ball, as opposed to me who tries to thread the needle when no one's wide open. This results in a higher completion percentage than I'd like and more sacks at the same time.

Do you notice the CPU throwing the ball away more when intentional grounding is set to 1?

Yea they throw it away more, but you are correct with them not throwing it and trying to thread needles. They also do not bullet pass very often. But I think there accuracy being low as 10 might hurt them too, try 20 and also bring your pass coverage and react time down. Mine are at 35 for both i believe.

Elway7 12-16-2013 08:35 PM

Set the holding penalty slider to 35 or 40 and the line plays a bit better.

JoshC1977 12-18-2013 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elway7 (Post 2045773247)
Set the holding penalty slider to 35 or 40 and the line plays a bit better.

True, but that will also let YOUR line play better. Depending, on the sliders used, that could be a problem.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

brownies 01-01-2014 07:36 AM

I've been taking control of blitzing lb and putting him in zone. It seems to cut it down by 2 or 3 per game. I try to never blitz more than 5. It's the only way II've found to cut
it down, also cpu pass block at 83 helps.