Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football Sliders (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=495)
-   -   QB Accuracy (/forums/showthread.php?t=692342)

Gagnon39 12-12-2013 02:03 PM

QB Accuracy

How exactly does this slider work? I have been tinkering with it and it honestly seems to be completely useless. I have CPU QB Accuracy set to 5 now and Eli Manning proceeded to completely annihilate me. He had a completion rating of over 90% and MAYBE made one bad throw. How do you get the CPU to throw incomplete passes where they just simply miss their mark? It happens, no doubt, but not nearly enough in my opinion and lowering CPU QB Accuracy has done nothing to fix this issue for me.

Mizzou24 12-12-2013 02:08 PM

Re: QB Accuracy

I haven't seen this issue.. I can't really go lower than 19 on my sliders or the CPU qb plays terrible.. I was honestly thinking about bumping it up but at 22 they start throwing high 70s to 80s in percentage... Do you mix your defensive play calls up an balance between Zone and man?

Gagnon39 12-12-2013 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mizzou24 (Post 2045761309)
I haven't seen this issue.. I can't really go lower than 19 on my sliders or the CPU qb plays terrible.. I was honestly thinking about bumping it up but at 22 they start throwing high 70s to 80s in percentage... Do you mix your defensive play calls up an balance between Zone and man?

Yes. I play a good mix of man and zone coverages. Alter my blitzes, etc.

Mizzou24 12-12-2013 02:20 PM

What's your complete slider set look like?

The JareBear 12-12-2013 02:28 PM

I believe Mizzou is on all madden and gagnon is on all pro, correct? Could explain the differences

Gagnon39 12-12-2013 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The JareBear (Post 2045761354)
I believe Mizzou is on all madden and gagnon is on all pro, correct? Could explain the differences

I am on All-Pro. Yes.

Howie75 12-12-2013 08:23 PM

I am right there with you. I am trying to find a balance between getting shredded by the CPU or having 5 int a game. I have user int at 2, but still get picks by CPU controlled DB at an inflated rate.

Howie75 12-16-2013 05:02 PM

I adjusted some more. I now have CPU Acc at 38, my Pass Reaction and Coverage at 60 I think, and Int at 0. Pass Blocking at 54, WR catch at 45.

I only have a small sample so far but I did not intercept any passes in my game against Pitt using those sliders. Roethlisberger completed about 60% of his passes, and I was able to play effective pass D. I gave up some downfield throws, but they were nice passes and I didn't feel cheated. I was able to jar the ball loose on some hits as the CPU WR tried to catch the ball, had some deflections and Big Ben missed on some passes.

So far it has been the best set I have found so far. I use the Raiders, and have a slightly above average secondary ( I have been boosting Man/Zone cvr and AWR using XP)

I am getting slightly high sack numbers, but that could be due to better coverage. I had none against KC with the PBK at 54, but 9 against Pitt. If it fluctuates, I am good with it and will leave it alone. I'm at the point where I can live with more sacks if it keeps the CPU passing numbers realistic. I cant take anymore games of 28/32 for 351 yds 4TD, 4INT.