Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football Sliders (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=495)
-   -   Interceptions (/forums/showthread.php?t=692689)

brettryantalley 12-13-2013 11:46 AM

Interceptions

Okay, I'm having a hard time with interceptions. On the sliders, I'm not really sure which one controls interceptions I get on defense for the interceptions I throw on offense. I'm throwing a lot of interceptions.

Darth Aegis 12-13-2013 06:55 PM

Re: Interceptions

Ya the slider isn't working needs a patch but I wouldn't hold my breath with ea.

brownies 12-25-2013 03:24 AM

I play pro with human at 0 and cpu at 20. II've also been changing them as I go. Not having to upload them in fran.must be fixed with patch. My sliders r on ps4 under FederalX.

Cavicchi 12-25-2013 12:34 PM

You set your sliders at the main screen. When you start your franchise, go to Settings and import your sliders.

txturfcare.com 12-25-2013 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brettryantalley (Post 2045763850)
Okay, I'm having a hard time with interceptions. On the sliders, I'm not really sure which one controls interceptions I get on defense for the interceptions I throw on offense. I'm throwing a lot of interceptions.

Your saying your throwing picks every game? How many? The sliders & penalties interact with one another, it can be complicated, and it isn't straight forward, as we would think it would be.

What I would do to is this for starters:

CPU Pass Defense Sliders:

PRT: 30
INT: 0
PC 52

Penalties Settings

DPI 30-40
OPI 74-86

Let me know if this helps you?

For instance, in offline CCM if your fumbles slider is between 44 to 50 CPU run game isn't very effective, once you start to lower your slider for fumbles the cpu starts to run better. But, of course other CPU slider & penalty settings affect this as well.

RumbleCard 12-25-2013 02:43 PM

Obviously there are slider issues but this problem goes well beyond that. This is one area where the devs could really tap into the new systems.

There needs to be a lot more going on between the WR's and CB's. There's not a enough jostling and fighting for position. Its way over canned to the point where you see a lot of WR's and CB's do the same jump animation for the ball.

There should be way more tips and broken up passes. INT's should happen rarely and the defense should be playing to break up the pass not get the INT.

JoshC1977 12-25-2013 03:29 PM

Drop the pass coverage slider down (15 or 20 works well). That will take care of the interception issue.

Mos1ted 01-02-2014 11:51 AM

After playing in practice mode all morning and testing different slider settings, I believe that the Interceptions slider is dead. No adjustments to said slider has any effect on the defense's abilities to get interceptions. It's the Pass Coverage slider that affects the DB's likelihood of intercepting a pass.

In fact, after hours of testing, I would argue that the Pass Coverage slider is the Interceptions slider because I didn't notice any other changes to the DB's behavior and abilities when testing this slider other than the interceptions decreasing or increasing.

Another anomaly I noticed during testing is that the Reaction Time slider is backwards. Increasing it actually decreases the defense's reaction time to passes. To test this, I set it at zero and kept hotrouting to a simply curl route. I used the matchup of Dez Bryant vs Deangelo Hall. At 0, Hall was reacting almost instantly when Bryant was making his break to come back to the line of scrimmage. At 100, however, the reaction time was slowed and more in line with my expectations of what I would consider a realistic reaction time. I'll have to watch some film, however, and see how fast certain DB's react in real life before I can find a setting I'm happy with on that slider.