Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Rags To Riches (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=374)
-   -   Season 4 Week 12 (/forums/showthread.php?t=693297)

DNMHIII 12-16-2013 12:38 AM

Season 4 Week 12

Week 12 is up and we'll advance again on Tuesday at 9:00pm EST or sooner if everyone is ready.

kwilliam 12-16-2013 08:58 PM

Re: Season 4 Week 12

North Texas won a 3OT thriller against Marshall 39-32. Marshall's stud DT was blowing up the Mean Green's rushing attack and disrupting their passing game. With 4 minutes left in the game trailing 14-10, Gill fumbles the ball and the defense holds them to a fg. Gill leads the team back to a late score in the final seconds of the 4th. Both teams scored TDs with ease.

In the 3rd OT, Wright catches a 5yd TD, 2pt good. Marshall's top RB got injured earlier in the game for the next couple of weeks, their backup(fb) went down with a concussion, their 3rd guy was getting tired from screen passes. On 3rd down, their 4th guy, 3rd string qb lined up at hb and I knew it would be pass, played coverage, their qb threw it away. On the 4th down, I spyed the qb at the 8 just in case. For once, I had all guys coverage, cb dropped a pick.

Now Conference USA standings are lot more interesting. FAU faces Marshall next week with a shot to win the conference. As bad my season started, NT is now only 1 game back in the loss column in the standings and still have a realistic shot at making the bowl game. There was also a high number of recruits in the stands, hopefully some will sign soon.

DNMHIII 12-17-2013 12:54 PM

I had to exit my game because comcast showed up during the 2nd Q with A&M up 14-7. I'll get my game in as soon as we're done.

nortobc 12-17-2013 02:06 PM

I will get my game in tonight.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

Ground 12-17-2013 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kwilliam (Post 2045773315)
North Texas won a 3OT thriller against Marshall 39-32. Marshall's stud DT was blowing up the Mean Green's rushing attack and disrupting their passing game. With 4 minutes left in the game trailing 14-10, Gill fumbles the ball and the defense holds them to a fg. Gill leads the team back to a late score in the final seconds of the 4th. Both teams scored TDs with ease.

In the 3rd OT, Wright catches a 5yd TD, 2pt good. Marshall's top RB got injured earlier in the game for the next couple of weeks, their backup(fb) went down with a concussion, their 3rd guy was getting tired from screen passes. On 3rd down, their 4th guy, 3rd string qb lined up at hb and I knew it would be pass, played coverage, their qb threw it away. On the 4th down, I spyed the qb at the 8 just in case. For once, I had all guys coverage, cb dropped a pick.

Now Conference USA standings are lot more interesting. FAU faces Marshall next week with a shot to win the conference. As bad my season started, NT is now only 1 game back in the loss column in the standings and still have a realistic shot at making the bowl game. There was also a high number of recruits in the stands, hopefully some will sign soon.

:59:Thanks for beating Marshall man!!! Will be a good game next week for FAU, seems like my team aka my self never play good during high pressure games.

DNMHIII 12-17-2013 03:40 PM

Washington State asked for an extension on his game until later tonight and I'll be out and about so I'll try to advance from my phone. Might not advance until later tonight around 10:00pm PST.

kwilliam 12-17-2013 07:20 PM

Ground, I hope you beat Marshall in Week 13, then our game in week 15 would mean more. Thanks for the heads up about the extension.