Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Seriously???!!!! (/forums/showthread.php?t=696725)

macbranson 12-26-2013 02:36 PM

Seriously???!!!!

The Patriots had their LT Nate Solder (90 overall)on the trade block and that was perfect as I let my LT because he was getting old and demanding a lot of money and the guy I drafted doesn't look to promising. So I offered them a 2nd round pick for him. They declined it. Next thing I know, Solder was traded to another team. I look at Transactions to see what he got traded for and he was traded to the Rams for a 6th round pick! So they declined my offer of a 2nd rounder for a 6th rounder? This guy is 26 years old and rated 90 overall. What's going on around here?

PaulChildres 12-26-2013 03:38 PM

Re: Seriously???!!!!

Boldin was traded to SF for a 6th round pick.... maybe the Pats and Rams have some type of special brotherly bond where they scratch each others backs?

ajra21 12-26-2013 04:26 PM

i generally find the trades quite realistic once you get past the fact that teams with $50m in cap space will be looking to trade their best OL guy or will cut a good player.

TrailBlazers7 12-26-2013 07:28 PM

Did you offer a sixth?

macbranson 12-26-2013 09:25 PM

I never made a second offer. I offered the 2nd rounder and they said they would respond in a week. Then under my "Actions" screen, it said they declined the trade and had traded the player already. So I went to see if maybe he got traded for a First round pick or something and, to my surprise and dismay, it said he was traded for a 6th round pick to the Rams. I don't even understand what kind of logic that is, even for the CPU.

preaceps 12-26-2013 09:37 PM

When you get the trade block message then if you make an offer off of that message you get one chance. If you go and do the normal trade area with that player than you can do multiple trade offers.

mjavon 12-26-2013 10:30 PM

Aaaaand that's why you want to stay on Belicheck's good side... 😎

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

victory2128 12-27-2013 07:14 PM

First off, let me say I get Boldin was traded to SF for a sixth round, but that was a brotherly trade and you don't trade your starting LT for 6th round pick, especially when he's got as high a ceiling as Nate Solder does and why would the Rams even been looking for a LT when they just signed Jake Long to a long term deal this offseason. I tend to want to not argue dumb trades and chalk it up to X team making a mistake, not bad CPU programming, but that's pretty bad.