Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football Sliders (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=495)
-   -   Fumble slider backwards? (/forums/showthread.php?t=697159)

Blazzen 12-27-2013 09:42 PM

Fumble slider backwards?

Is the fumble slider backwards? With 50 tackle and 50 fumble for both user/cpu, I'm getting far too many fumbles on both sides. Basically every sack is a fumble and ball carrier are fumbling a lot too. Suggestions?

brownies 12-28-2013 09:05 AM

Re: Fumble slider backwards?

I had the same problem until i lowered tackle slider. It has something to do with fumbles. You have to find a happy medium

PMO 12-28-2013 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brownies (Post 2045804293)
I had the same problem until i lowered tackle slider. It has something to do with fumbles. You have to find a happy medium

Tackle slider 40 and fumble slider 40 u will only see 0-2 a game. Watch the tackle slider tho, too low and CPU has no leg for field goals, I know makes no sense but it's tested and is accurate. Also too low and your pursuit to outside runs against CPU is gone. I had it at 15-20 and every game no matter what RB if they ran outside it was a 50yd run. Not fun. At 40 everything is great

Blazzen 12-28-2013 01:35 PM

Odd that 40 tackle / 40 fumble and you don't see many fumbles but 50/50 I see too many? In previous years as the tackle slider goes up, the hits become harder, causing more fumbles, so you just had to raise the fumble slider. Is it that way this year also? Many other slider makers are running 40-50 tackle but much lower fumble settings which is why I asked if it is backwards.

4thQtrStre5S 12-28-2013 01:37 PM

I believe that the fumble slider, when lowered, increases the chance of fumbles while doing precision moves, and that is it's main effect area...

4thQtrStre5S 12-28-2013 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blazzen (Post 2045804822)
Odd that 40 tackle / 40 fumble and you don't see many fumbles but 50/50 I see too many? In previous years as the tackle slider goes up, the hits become harder, causing more fumbles, so you just had to raise the fumble slider. Is it that way this year also? Many other slider makers are running 40-50 tackle but much lower fumble settings which is why I asked if it is backwards.

For me, it appears, at 50 on tackles the harder hits occur as a receiver is catching a pass and result in more passes being knocked incomplete...Seems that moving the tackle slider in either direction reduces the hard hits; this may also have something to do with how penalty sliders are adjusted, so I am still searching for the connections between sliders, penalty sliders and events on the field.

Maybe raising Defensive pass interference prevents the defender from attempting the tackle as the ball arrives, so fewer hard hits and balls knocked out?

Blazzen 12-30-2013 10:56 AM

I think the fumble slider is backwards. I tried it at 75 with 50 tackle and still saw a lot of fumbles. At 25 fumble and 50 tackle I stopped seeing so many fumbles.

4thQtrStre5S 12-30-2013 02:30 PM

I believe the fumble slider and it's effects depends on other slider settings such as tackle, and at which skill level your total slider values have you playing under, be it rookie, pro, all-pro or all-madden...

I am playing in an all-pro range with fumbles at 2 for User/Cpu and tackles at 46 for user/cup; get maybe 0-1or2 fumbles a game.