Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Super Bowl lock-up (/forums/showthread.php?t=69767)

swine_jr 02-17-2004 01:26 PM

Super Bowl lock-up

I haven't been around for awhile, so sorry if this has already been posted.

In two different franchises I've taken my team to the Super Bowl, and both times when I try to play the Super Bowl, the game freezes during the loading screen. The loading progression bar stops a little less than half way and is just frozen there. This has only happened with the Super Bowl games. Anybody else have this happen? I'd like to find a way around it. It wasn't easy getting the Cardinals to the Super Bowl!

Thanks.

dieselboy 02-17-2004 04:27 PM

Re: Super Bowl lock-up

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr />
swine_jr said:

In two different franchises I've taken my team to the Super Bowl, and both times when I try to play the Super Bowl, the game freezes during the loading screen. The loading progression bar stops a little less than half way and is just frozen there. This has only happened with the Super Bowl games. Anybody else have this happen? I'd like to find a way around it. It wasn't easy getting the Cardinals to the Super Bowl!

Thanks.

<hr /></blockquote><font class="post">

do you have edited rosters? Sometimes that can cause problems if you have made lots of changes.

swine_jr 02-17-2004 05:07 PM

No, I didn't edit the rosters. Good point, though.

Maybe I just have a bad disc.

hdaniel1 02-17-2004 05:15 PM

This happened to my bro. I don't know how many years he was into his dynasty tho. We tried it on two PS2's and it still didn't work. It must be a glitch in the software code that locks it up.

MachoMyers 02-18-2004 07:51 PM

Face it...the Cardinals will not go to the Super Bowl...EA Sports knows this and shuts the game down immediatley if it comes close to happening.

kauchy 02-19-2004 12:36 AM

DreBly said:
Face it...the Cardinals will not go to the Super Bowl...EA Sports knows this and shuts the game down immediatley if it comes close to happening.

kick a man when hes down.

PlayaHataSupreme 02-19-2004 01:24 PM

dieselboy said:
swine_jr said:

Thanks.

do you have edited rosters? Sometimes that can cause problems if you have made lots of changes.

That couldn't be it..... because everybody plays with edited rosters of some sort after year 1, and no two franchises would be alike in terms of ratings and other such things......

dieselboy 02-19-2004 10:42 PM

PlayaHataSupreme said:
dieselboy said:
swine_jr said:

Thanks.

That couldn't be it..... because everybody plays with edited rosters of some sort after year 1, and no two franchises would be alike in terms of ratings and other such things......

Actually that COUDLD be it.

Before I got online adapter for PS2, I would manually edited the rosters. Players names, looks, ratings, etc. Add players, change teams, etc. etc. etc. Until one point, I edited TOO much, and when I would do franchise mode, my game wouldn't get past the "signing coaches" loading screen, just after the superbowl. I tried and tried to get past it, nothing worked.

I decided to try it without the memory card in, and it worked. So I put the card back in, and sure enough it wouldn't get passed the screen. So I deleted the roster file, and it worked fine.

Now that I have online, I just download the rosters.