Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NCAA Football Rosters (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   NCAA 14 (2015 XBOX 360) (/forums/showthread.php?t=698932)

DucksForever 01-03-2014 12:21 PM

NCAA 14 (2015 XBOX 360)

As many of you are doing, I am working on a 2015 roster. I will be doing extensive team specific editing to create the most authentic NCAA roster out there. Here are some of the features that will make this roster unique:

Love for the small schools

I will be watching practically every game of every school that has played this season. That includes teams like UAB, Tulsa, NM State, and the like. Schools like these will not be excluded from thorough player specific edits. Even though you might not recognize a player like Royce LaFrance from Tulane, he will be rated based on his breakout play thus far this season.

Equipment edits

I plan to do everything in my power to make sure that all of the players in the game look like they do in real life. Once again, major teams as well as minor teams will receive complete overhauls.

Dynamic Player Progression

Not every player progresses at the same rate. Players will be progressed according to their play, potential, progression throughout the season, and level of competition faced. For example, Christian Hackenberg will be rated higher than Max Browne although Browne came in rated higher than Hackenberg. This is because Hackenberg gained experience and played against decent competition while Browne took a redshirt. Hackenberg's progression will be more extensive than Browne's.

Also, players will progress based on their coaches' prior ability to develop talent. A player at Michigan will not develop at the same rate that a player at Alabama does in most cases. Saban has shown the ability to develop talent into superstar ability through corners like Dee Milliner and Javier Arenas, safeties like Mark Barron and Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, and linebackers like CJ Mosely and Courtney Upshaw. Michigan has had quite a few top 25 recruiting classes, but their talent has not developed at the same rate. This will be reflected in the rosters.

Talent differences

Anyone who watches college football knows that there are major differences between AQ schools and non-AQ schools, but the talent levels go deeper than that. A team like Middle Tennessee has more talent than a team like New Mexico, but a team like Rice has more talent than a Middle Tennessee. I feel like these differing levels of talent need to be represent in the game. Players will have different speed, strength, agility, acceleration, and positional ratings depending on their program's tier of talent level. For example, Texas's back up WR's will still have major advantages in comparison to Wyoming's DB's.

This is NOT stat based

I will not be basing this roster off of season statistical accomplishments solely. While a player's stats will obviously impact their ratings, I will also look at how they played in comparison to the level of talent around them and their competition. Derek Carr is a player who I would have rated between an 85-88. He dominated at his level of competition, but he still displayed inconsistencies in his footwork and pocket presence which I would represent in the Accuracy and Awareness ratings. I also take into account that the throwing windows of the MWC are much less concise than those in an AQ conference, so his numbers don't truly represent his skill. However, ratings like THP are universal. If a QB has a strong arm, it doesn't matter who they play. That is why I will watch the games to see who has skills that transcend levels of competition.

Authentic recruits

Every Freshman in the game will be scouted by myself and I will also do extensive research on the information of scouts and coaches regarding the player. I will say this again, this will be done for EVERY player. I will make sure that the Freshmen in the game play like they do in real life. I also have a system for rating Freshmen as follows:

5* 81-83

4* 76-80

3* 69-75

2* 62-68

1* 55-61

Top 25

Lastly, I will alter the Top 25 to match the preseason AP poll.

Final thoughts

I hope to finish this roster by Mid July. I will then release my gamertag for you guys to download. Unfortunately, I cannot have help specifically editing the roster because my system is much too extensive for me to explain to anyone who would want to help. However, I certainly would like to hear from fans of specific teams to give me suggestions regarding said team. For example, if you're a Washington State fan, let me know which players you think are going to have the best offseason, which players are underrated/overrated, give me transferring news, which player had the best regular season, which unit will be better/worse, which players are the fastest...etc. I won't just plug these things in if someone says to add 5 SPD to every player on that team, but I will go back and watch that team's games and look into the advice that I have been given.

I hope some people will use these when they are done, but even if you guys aren't interested, I will still be very excited to work on this project. Thanks!

Disclaimer

These rosters are based off of "BuffyeRosters" 2013 edition. I would like to thank cparrish and all who helped work on this project and make this 2014 edition possible.

EDIT:

Version 4.0 is now online!

Download the latest versions from the gamertag "JC Spinner" on XBOX 360.

Here are the completed teams thus far:

Spoiler

DucksForever 01-03-2014 12:25 PM

Re: NCAA 14 (2015 XBOX 360)

List of underclassmen who have declared:

Davante Adams
WR
Fresno St.
SO

Jace Amaro
TE
Texas Tech
JR

Dion Bailey
S
USC
JR

Kapri Bibbs
RB
Colorado St.
SO

Russell Bodine
C
North Carolina
JR

Chris Boyd
WR
Vanderbilt
JR

Jadeveon Clowney
DE
South Carolina
JR

Brandon Coleman
WR
Rutgers
JR

Brandin Cooks
WR
Oregon St.
JR

Teddy Bridgewater
QB
Louisville
JR

Isaiah Crowell
RB
Alabama St.
JR

Jonathan Dowling
S
Western Kentucky
JR

Eric Ebron
TE
North Carolina
JR

Mike Evans
WR
Texas A&M
SO

Austin Franklin
WR
New Mexico St.
JR

Vic Hampton
CB
South Carolina
JR

Kameron Jackson
CB
California
JR

Demarcus Lawrence
DE
Boise St.
JR

A.C. Leonard
TE
Tennessee St.
JR

Colt Lyerla
TE
Oregon
JR

Aaron Lynch
DE
South Florida
SO

Marcus Martin
C
USC
JR

Adam Muema
RB
San Diego St.
JR

Jake Murphy
TE
Utah
JR

Louis Nix
DT
Notre Dame
JR

Calvin Pryor
S
Louisville
JR

Loucheiz Purifoy
CB
Florida
JR

Kelcy Quarles
DT
South Carolina
JR

Antonio Richardson
OT
Tennessee
JR

Paul Richardson
WR
Colorado
JR

Allen Robinson
WR
Penn St.
JR

Bradley Roby
CB
Ohio St.
JR

Richard Rodgers
TE
California
JR

Bishop Sankey
RB
Washington
JR

Austin Seferian-Jenkins
TE
Washington
JR

Yawin Smallwood
ILB
Connecticut
JR

Brett Smith
QB
Wyoming
JR

Jerome Smith
RB
Syracuse
JR

George Uko
DT
USC
JR

mar4380 01-04-2014 08:52 AM

Hey great idea

are you using a roster editor at all?

Do you know what field is for Player year??

What is the best roster out currently? I have not played with NCAA in a while

DucksForever 01-04-2014 10:23 AM

I'll be using the editor to edit the top 25, but I'll be doing the rest of the edits in game.

I'm not sure where the "player year" field is, but there is a good key somewhere in the roster editor thread. It might be buried in the forum, but someone had a list of what the abbreviations stood for.

The best roster IMO is BuffEye Rosters. It's not as widespread as I would prefer, but it's great in regards to equipment and dynasty progression.

LsuTyga24 01-04-2014 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DucksForever (Post 2045824134)
As many of you are doing, I am working on a 2015 roster. I will be doing extensive team specific editing to create the most authentic NCAA roster out there. Here are some of the features that will make this roster unique:

Love for the small schools

I will be watching practically every game of every school that has played this season. That includes teams like UAB, Tulsa, NM State, and the like. Schools like these will not be excluded from thorough player specific edits. Even though you might not recognize a player like Royce LaFrance from Tulane, he will be rated based on his breakout play thus far this season.

Equipment edits

I plan to do everything in my power to make sure that all of the players in the game look like they do in real life. Once again, major teams as well as minor teams will receive complete overhauls.

Dynamic Player Progression

Not every player progresses at the same rate. Players will be progressed according to their play, potential, progression throughout the season, and level of competition faced. For example, Christian Hackenberg will be rated higher than Max Browne although Browne came in rated higher than Hackenberg. This is because Hackenberg gained experience and played against decent competition while Browne took a redshirt. Hackenberg's progression will be more extensive than Browne's.

Also, players will progress based on their coaches' prior ability to develop talent. A player at Michigan will not develop at the same rate that a player at Alabama does in most cases. Saban has shown the ability to develop talent into superstar ability through corners like Dee Milliner and Javier Arenas, safeties like Mark Barron and Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, and linebackers like CJ Mosely and Courtney Upshaw. Michigan has had quite a few top 25 recruiting classes, but their talent has not developed at the same rate. This will be reflected in the rosters.

Talent differences

Anyone who watches college football knows that there are major differences between AQ schools and non-AQ schools, but the talent levels go deeper than that. A team like Middle Tennessee has more talent than a team like New Mexico, but a team like Rice has more talent than a Middle Tennessee. I feel like these differing levels of talent need to be represent in the game. Players will have different speed, strength, agility, acceleration, and positional ratings depending on their program's tier of talent level. For example, Texas's back up WR's will still have major advantages in comparison to Wyoming's DB's.

This is NOT stat based

I will not be basing this roster off of season statistical accomplishments solely. While a player's stats will obviously impact their ratings, I will also look at how they played in comparison to the level of talent around them and their competition. Derek Carr is a player who I would have rated between an 85-88. He dominated at his level of competition, but he still displayed inconsistencies in his footwork and pocket presence which I would represent in the Accuracy and Awareness ratings. I also take into account that the throwing windows of the MWC are much less concise than those in an AQ conference, so his numbers don't truly represent his skill. However, ratings like THP are universal. If a QB has a strong arm, it doesn't matter who they play. That is why I will watch the games to see who has skills that transcend levels of competition.

Authentic recruits

Every Freshman in the game will be scouted by myself and I will also do extensive research on the information of scouts and coaches regarding the player. I will say this again, this will be done for EVERY player. I will make sure that the Freshmen in the game play like they do in real life. I also have a system for rating Freshmen as follows:

5* 81-83

4* 76-80

3* 69-75

2* 62-68

1* 55-61

Top 25

Lastly, I will alter the Top 25 to match the preseason AP poll.

Final thoughts

I hope to finish this roster by Mid July. I will then release my gamertag for you guys to download. Unfortunately, I cannot have help specifically editing the roster because my system is much too extensive for me to explain to anyone who would want to help. However, I certainly would like to hear from fans of specific teams to give me suggestions regarding said team. For example, if you're a Washington State fan, let me know which players you think are going to have the best offseason, which players are underrated/overrated, give me transferring news, which player had the best regular season, which unit will be better/worse, which players are the fastest...etc. I won't just plug these things in if someone says to add 5 SPD to every player on that team, but I will go back and watch that team's games and look into the advice that I have been given.

I hope some people will use these when they are done, but even if you guys aren't interested, I will still be very excited to work on this project. Thanks!

Hey,Is this my roster or have you decided to do your own?

DucksForever 01-04-2014 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LsuTyga24 (Post 2045827250)
Hey,Is this my roster or have you decided to do your own?

One I'm doing on my own. I still want to help with yours, but I still can't send you a PM because it says your inbox is full.

Pitbullz4Life 01-06-2014 05:38 PM

that would be awesome to have a 2015 roster around the time that NCAA 15 was suppose to come out.. Will you be able to do the schedules for the teams and move teams to there new conferences?

DucksForever 01-06-2014 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitbullz4Life (Post 2045834865)
that would be awesome to have a 2015 roster around the time that NCAA 15 was suppose to come out.. Will you be able to do the schedules for the teams and move teams to there new conferences?

Unfortunately I am unable to do that. The conferences and schedules are hidden in the game's coding. You can edit both the conferences and the schedule through the dynasty editor though.