Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NCAA Football Ultimate Team (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=464)
-   -   Safest Way to Sell NFUT (/forums/showthread.php?t=704067)

jaybird13 01-23-2014 11:26 AM

Safest Way to Sell NFUT

I had someone approach me wanting to buy a huge hunk of my coins and I'm not sure of the safest way to structure the transaction.

As far as the buyer getting his coins that's easy - he posts an extension or card for the amount of coins bought and I buy it.

I'm worried about chargebacks, etc. when it comes to the actual $.

How do you guys handle transactions?

Eochs 01-23-2014 12:08 PM

Re: Safest Way to Sell NFUT

You could do something other then paypal... If you did amazon, MS, Playstation, or iTunes gift card or something for example, have the guy send you the code, add the code to your account so it is claimed, and then buy his card, that would protect you...

I've done paypal and as long as you can trust the person you'll be fine (easier said then done)... Have them send as "Send money to friends" and there are no fees... Not sure if they can request a refund that way...

Is the person who offered on the scammer/known good list?

jaybird13 01-23-2014 12:29 PM

I don't think he's on the list either way.

He's wanting me to list on eBay then he'll pay. Then he'll put up a card and I'll buy it. That sounds like a chargeback waiting to happen so I'm not sure what the safest way is to do it.

This is a big transaction - 5 million for $500. So I want to make sure I do it right.

vthokie2008 01-23-2014 12:41 PM

Ebay would be fine, just take pictures of the transactions and the conversation between you too. You will have osmething like 15-18% fees doing it that way through ebay and paypal though.

Eochs 01-23-2014 01:05 PM

If you do send money to friend via PayPal then there should be no fees! Id do it outside of eBay to be honest. Too easy for him to make a claim. Also, if you don't sell on eBay often, they will put a 21 day hold on the funds, during which time it is easier for him to make a claim. P

Eochs 01-23-2014 01:06 PM

Agreed on pics and emails of agreement. However, you would need his eBay email address to be the same as what he emailed you from to even try to prove your side

olevelo 01-23-2014 01:32 PM

No offense but who in their right mind would spend $500 on coins?!

jaybird13 01-23-2014 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by olevelo (Post 2045886298)
No offense but who in their right mind would spend $500 on coins?!

That's exactly what I was thinking. I may play it safe and just do a million to start. I'm really, really weary of doing it on ebay.