Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NCAA Football Ultimate Team (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=464)
-   -   NFUT "Market" Theories or Advice? (/forums/showthread.php?t=705194)

Dirk4prez 01-29-2014 03:02 PM

NFUT "Market" Theories or Advice?

Does anyone have any good general rules or "tricks of the trade" for how to decide if something is at a good value and/or to predict if/when a card's price will go up/down/become impossible to even find for sale? I know that it's impossible to know if/when EA will do something that affects the market, but I'm sure there are still some general theories on how to make certain decisions (i.e. how to best use new weekly team collections to your advantage--should I just hold onto the cards I already have from each collection to wait and find out what is rare and how much ppl will pay for the rares?)

I feel like I ALWAYS make the worst AH decisions. It's mainly only the "buying" side of it. I do sell cards under market value. But I do that on purpose b/c I get annoyed with re-posting something over and over to try and make the most coins. SO FAR I have not had any real regrets of selling anything.

But I swear two days after I buy or (usually) DON'T buy sonething, I already find out that I made the wrong choice...when the 99 Deion came out, I knew the 97's would drop in price, but as I stared at the screen with 2 or 3 up for 75K, I told myself "I bet they're gonna drop EVEN MORE" so held off. Within 24 hrs of that decision they were already back to 150-200K/ea and I rarely see them drop below that anymore. And (around the same time) I don't even wanna think about how many "5 digit-priced" Shermans, Baileys, or Laws I left out there b/c "I bet I'll be able to get any one of those guys for even LESS than 50K soon" lol. My ONE shining moment in this game was getting Ed Reed for 75K. But even that was a desperation buy that I made b/c I actually noticed the price going up and I rly needed him. I had passed on him for 50K a couple days earlier.

So anyways, if anyone's got ANY advice at all from noticing trends, etc that could help, I'd love to hear it! Thanks!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

UMkris 01-29-2014 03:22 PM

Re: NFUT "Market" Theories or Advice?

The only thing I do is go to the AH all the time. I do it right when I get on, after I play each game, and right before I turn it off. Just go to every Position once, it should only take a couple minutes to do. I play on average about 4-5 a day. If you do that enough you'll start to see what the prices are and when they start to change. When the LL cards were still being released on Friday you would see crazy low prices in the AH on Thursday because people wanted coins for the new cards coming out. Now that we are only getting 3 players a week and they are in the 93-97 range you won't see that right now. Just wait until we get to some of the "Big" schools like USC, Ala, LSU, ect.... and the players are all 97-99. Then you will see the drop in prices on Thursdays again.

michiganfan8620 01-29-2014 03:30 PM

The value fluctuates based on what gets released. There is no way to predict it really. However, just know where guys are in terms of rarity/skill level. 97 Deion wouldn't stay at 75k because in my opinion, he's still the 4th best corner in the game (behind the woodson cards and 99 Deion). Players who are no longer in packs usually hold value as well since they are so rare.

sherlockparks 01-29-2014 04:02 PM

Dirk, one easy thing to do is if its a big buy or important, just hit us up on here about it.

Dirk4prez 01-30-2014 05:54 PM

Sounds good. Thanks guys.

Spent 120K on Sherman today and actually was going to get on here to ask opinions, but there wasn't much time left in the auction...and around 8 min left someone else bid on it, so that helped justify it for me lol. Sniped it for 20,100 at the last minute. So far, no buyer's remorse, but considering my usual luck, everyone can expect a big drop in price for Sherman in the next few days ;)

I probably also increased the odds that a TC Bailey will be coming out in a Georgia collection tomorrow...

Dirk4prez 01-30-2014 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dirk4prez (Post 2045908424)
Sounds good. Thanks guys.

Spent 120K on Sherman today and actually was going to get on here to ask opinions, but there wasn't much time left in the auction...and around 8 min left someone else bid on it, so that helped justify it for me lol. Sniped it for 20,100 at the last minute. So far, no buyer's remorse, but considering my usual luck, everyone can expect a big drop in price for Sherman in the next few days ;)

I probably also increased the odds that a TC Bailey will be coming out in a Georgia collection tomorrow...

**Correction 120,100 not 20,100

sherlockparks 01-30-2014 06:02 PM

120k isn't terrible for sherman but I don't think its worth it. The boost doesnt really work and you can get a 97 deion for cheaper

Dirk4prez 01-31-2014 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sherlockparks (Post 2045908450)
120k isn't terrible for sherman but I don't think its worth it. The boost doesnt really work and you can get a 97 deion for cheaper

Kinda ties back to my initial post...I COULD get a 97 deion for cheaper about 2 weeks ago when he was consistently around 100K (was so close to pulling the trigger when I saw him at about 75K!) but I wrongly assumed his price would keep dropping. I don't think I've seen him below 150 or 175 in a long time, and he's usually listed over 200K (unless I'm just always checking the ah at the wrong times. But hopefully these 97 Haywards will start circulating enough to bring him back down.

Either way, you're right, Sherman isn't "wowing" me with coverage at all...BUT with his height and CTH, he's already getting INTs WAY more frequently than either of my top CBs (Verner and Mathieu), which has been enough to help me win against some decent opponents that might have been able to beat me w/o any turnovers. But I know the next game I play against an elite team and a player who doesn't make mistakes, I'll probably get slaughtered...