Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Can the CPU Cheese? (/forums/showthread.php?t=705868)

kswgrad2012 02-02-2014 04:00 PM

Can the CPU Cheese?

So for those who don't know, I run a Tulane Green Wave dynasty on NCAA 13. I have a dynasty blog I write for it, which you can follow for you like.

Anyway, I'm currently in my 5th season of the series, and I've noticed some horrendous play on my defense's part. We have the #1 run defense in the nation, but dead-last pass defense. Recently I started actually playing defense, but before then I had the CPU supersim the D and I would watch (using the "Watch Play" feature). My defense would dominate the line in the running game but get shredded in pass coverage. In each of the first 4 games played this season the CPU-controlled D has given up 586, 313, 476 and 274 yards respectively. But as I payed closer attention I noticed something.

I user-control the offense. My offense is usually good enough to keep us in the game. But if I gain a good lead on the other team (controlled entirely by the CPU), the other team's offense will start throwing a lot of deep passes. Much of which go for touchdowns. My team stands at 1-3, and in every game this season the other team has completed at least 1 or 2 deep balls every game for touchdowns. Again, all controlled by the CPU. This has allowed the other team to get back into the game & ultimately win.

My first game this season saw the opposing team complete 27 of 52 for 586 yds & 6 TD's. But in my last game the opposing QB only completed 8 of 10 passing. For 274 yards and 2 deep-ball touchdowns. Keep in mind they ran the ball 36 times for a whopping 55 yards. This isn't the first time that's happened, as for much of this dynasty the opposing team's QB will only complete like 20/25 on average, but for 300+ yards & a few TD's. It seems like every game the opposing QB averages 20 YPC.

I just have one question: Is the CPU cheesing? Is my pass defense just that bad, or is the CPU really cheesing its gameplan on offense to get back into the game. If it is cheesing, can I do anything about it? If it's my defense, any suggestions on how to fix that? Or maybe is it my slider set? How do I fix that? Anyway, help would be appreciated, as I'm really starting to get frustrated with the game. Is CPU cheesing even possible?

Thanks!

mjavon 02-02-2014 04:04 PM

Re: Can the CPU Cheese?

What defenses do you typically call? I play '14 but any time I call Cover 3, 4, 6, Man 2 Deep, the CPU rarely throws deep. Now if I call Cover 2, zero, or press coverage they have a lot more opportunities to throw deep.

kswgrad2012 02-02-2014 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjavon (Post 2045916361)
What defenses do you typically call? I play '14 but any time I call Cover 3, 4, 6, Man 2 Deep, the CPU rarely throws deep. Now if I call Cover 2, zero, or press coverage they have a lot more opportunities to throw deep.

I will notice a lot of times i supersim D that the CPU will make HORRIBLE playcalls. Going 3-deep when they shouldn't, playing tight zone in a late-game situation. But I have seen times where the opposing team will go no huddle and run Four Verts like 2 straight times. And my defense ALWAYS gets burned by it. Idk...

osubucki6 02-02-2014 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kswgrad2012 (Post 2045916372)
I will notice a lot of times i supersim D that the CPU will make HORRIBLE playcalls. Going 3-deep when they shouldn't, playing tight zone in a late-game situation. But I have seen times where the opposing team will go no huddle and run Four Verts like 2 straight times. And my defense ALWAYS gets burned by it. Idk...

I've noticed stuff like this too! CPU can't run worth **** but they could throw it 10 times for 1000 yards if they had the chance. Your D can never cover in any EA game(Madden is the exact same). Every OC dynasty I've played I seem to be 126 in points allowed, total yards, and passing yards but 1 run defense. I think this is only if you play the games because when I just sim the whole game my defense does good. Oh and CHANGE YOUR SIG! Go Seahawks!

WaitTilNextYear 02-02-2014 05:11 PM

Playcalling has a huge effect. It is harder to stop the pass, but try getting more pressure with blitzes and you'll see some different results. The only thing that can slow down the cpu QB is pressure.

kswgrad2012 02-02-2014 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear (Post 2045916503)
Playcalling has a huge effect. It is harder to stop the pass, but try getting more pressure with blitzes and you'll see some different results. The only thing that can slow down the cpu QB is pressure.

I try to blitz when I user-control, but my guys always screw up their assignments. Instead of going straight for the QB they'll run right into an O-lineman. We're a decent, but not great blitzing team.

kwilliam 02-02-2014 05:40 PM

I see a lot a missed tackles against the read options, where there's a certain spot you can't tackle the qb with the ball. Usually the CPU doesn't burn me bad with passing. You might want to look at your sliders at compare it to some the leagues in this site.

Cubs017 02-02-2014 10:34 PM

Part of this has to do with how the game sims.

If you use supersim, the CPU will usually just abandon the run early on, which is why you almost always end up with a top-ranked run defense and a terrible pass defense.