Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NCAA Football Ultimate Team (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=464)
-   -   Most Underrated Player in NFUT? (/forums/showthread.php?t=706363)

CAJ16 02-05-2014 05:25 PM

Most Underrated Player in NFUT?

Liked the other thread, so thought we needed this one. I got Gold Alfonso Smith, shocker I know. Heh. Guy is crazy good if just let him do his thing on an island (don't press with him). IMO best value in the game.

Also, Gold Timmy Tebow just doesn't something for me I didn't expect... you know. Down there.

NCStateHokie 02-05-2014 05:30 PM

Re: Most Underrated Player in NFUT?

Kyle Orton

/thread

CAJ16 02-05-2014 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NCStateHokie (Post 2045926398)
Kyle Orton

/thread

I'll not accept it. Not here!

thesportsguru11 02-05-2014 06:01 PM

Hmm..

Gold Gronk is one of the 10 best golds in the game. Hands down.
Gold Kenny Britt caught several game winners early on.
Elite Mo Claiborne was great as well.

Syxxpac78 02-05-2014 06:06 PM

Gold Vernon Davis. Been my tight end since day one and won't be replaced anytime soon. Catches everything

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

CAJ16 02-05-2014 06:23 PM

Davis is considered one of the best players in the game though. I mean, he is. I just don't think of him as overrated.

marks0124 02-05-2014 11:52 PM

A couple for me:

HB - Leader Sproles/Elite Ricky Watters - outstanding catching stats making both terrific 3rd down backs. You'll almost always see a LB covering the back in man coverage - giving you a big mismatch with either of these guys - even if you are playing an elite team.
WR - Hines Ward - His card is worth the 7k just for the run blocking stats.
WR - Elite Moss - Speed/Height combo is still unstoppable and he's a great value now that we have a LL card. Makes a good slot WR and can play on the outside.
TE - Vernon Davis (Gold or Rookie) - can't really be covered any LB in the game, to big for a safety/corner.
OG - Steve Hutchinson - Best OG in the game - no stamina issues.
RE - Leonard Little - All the hype for crazy speed goes to Rookie Bruce Irvin - but Little is very similar and dirt cheap. If you user a DE - he's unstoppable - capable of creating a quick pass rush and fast enough to contain the edge against fast QB's. A perfect backup end that you can use in sub packages on obvious passing downs.
DT - Fletcher Cox - 80 speed on a DT card. Their are a few four man fronts that offer a QB spy for the DT. Gives you a different look. Make him a backup and use him in sub-packages.
CB - Rookie Antrell Rolle - Card has 90 + pass and run blocking stats and 90 + Kpw and kac stats. Haven't quite figured out how to use these hidden talents though.
K - Mason Crosby - 98 kpw. Worth a roster spot just for kickoffs if you don't have Janikowski, Lee or Nortman.

stand ur ground 02-06-2014 12:24 PM

I used gold alphonso smith and gold darelle revis for a long time with cason and buckley as my 1 and 2. All four of those corners kept me content until i could get my bank rolling. Given 97 deion was 600 to 800k. There also wasnt as many speed recievers back then. Ginn, stallworth, and tavon basically. Not sure u could do quite as well with them now.

Side note. I think i remember cason being versatille at diff positions like pat pete is now.

Most underrated for me though was rookie chris long. Still use him.