Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NCAA Football Ultimate Team (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=464)
-   -   LL Adrian Peterson (/forums/showthread.php?t=706983)

ADubbleO7 02-08-2014 06:55 PM

LL Adrian Peterson

I have LL Eddie George as my running back right now and also have LL Spiller. I was wondering how LL AP does in the game. His stats look good. What I'm looking for is a running back with okay speed who can truck when you need him to.

Rupurt266 02-09-2014 01:27 PM

Re: LL Adrian Peterson

I ran the HW AP at #1 and HW George at #2 for a long while. The LL versions are just a little better and with that I can say AP is a great all purpose back. I upgraded AP first to CV Williams and then George to HW Campbell. I've recently moved Ricky to #2 power back and put LL Barry in #1. I think depending on the offense you run, he could be a great #1 or #2 back. If you're on PS3 - let me know if you ever want to get rid of that LL George... I've been wanting to compare him against Campbell...

txag2k 02-09-2014 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rupurt266 (Post 2045936794)
I think depending on the offense you run, he could be a great #1 or #2 back.

Agree. If you want a power-ish back who can truck but also get around the end and catch out the backfield, he is a beast. He's my #2 back, only behind Epic Bo. My #3 is HW Sanders but he rarely get used because i can't stand when he gets hit and falls easily @ times.

Dirk4prez 02-09-2014 06:04 PM

I
Quote:

Originally Posted by txag2k (Post 2045936849)
Agree. If you want a power-ish back who can truck but also get around the end and catch out the backfield, he is a beast. He's my #2 back, only behind Epic Bo. My #3 is HW Sanders but he rarely get used because i can't stand when he gets hit and falls easily @ times.

AP's receiving ratings are pretty bad though, so as far as rly being a threat in the passing game MAYBE his agility/acc make him good at turning down field quickly on screens, but I wouldn't count on him for much more than that...Out of all the top-tier HBs, Sproles is almost def the best, with LaMichael and CJ at 1a and 1b as far as serious receiving threats outta the backfield, IMO. I think Charles s/b better than the game made him in this category...but in real life, I think he developed those skills AFTER college (hell, he didn't really have ANY great HB skills, besides speed, before the NFL...He was Selvin Young's backup at UT lol) , so maybe EA knew what they were doing lol. I haven't gotten to try Bo or Barry, so I can't speak to them. And does anyone have HW Allen? Curious how he is at catching the ball. Pretty sure he led the team in receptions the yr he won the heisman...

Anyways, LL (and even HW) AP is a poor man's CV Ricky. Which is not a bad thing at all...they are very similar style runners. Ricky is just slightly better at everything. I WOULD say he's not worth the 150K+ diff in price for most ppl... But, TO ME, two (actually three) things make him worth it:

1: +3 CAR - Just one fumble can easily lose a game for you.

2: +9 CTH - If you're playin someone with Woodsons and Deions sprinkled throughout their secondary, your HB and TE gotta step it up, and can't afford to drop easy catches here and there.

3: I ****ing hate OU lol

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk