Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NCAA Football Ultimate Team (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=464)
-   -   A Few Collections Questions (/forums/showthread.php?t=707354)

jnavarro 02-10-2014 01:56 PM

A Few Collections Questions

I have been doing several of these and I have a few questions. Any help would be appreciated.

Is the Ohio State Collection worth doing? Is Ginn at least a good return man? What is his speed?

Is the Jamal Charles from the Texas collection worth doing? Fast?

Is the Nebraska fullback enough better than Hillis to be worth it?

And finally, I never see the gold Cam Newton from Auburn. Is it rare and what does it sell for?

Orange Krush 02-10-2014 01:59 PM

Re: A Few Collections Questions

I personally don't think any of the team collections where the reward is unauctionable is worth doing. I think I sold my Cam Newton for something like 15-20k like a week after the Auburn collection, I don't think he's that rare, but there isn't much demand for players from that collection because the reward isn't good. Also, I believe the Nebraska FB is the best in the game, best blocking and better running stats than most of the other top FB, I plan to complete that one eventually.

hawkeyekid 02-10-2014 02:00 PM

Ginn was my best return man. He was 99 speed and pretty close when it came to acceleration. I did the collection for pretty cheap. A lot cheaper than some of the other collections. His biggest knock, IIRC, is that his catch and catch in traffic is low. I still used him as a 4th receiver and sometimes as a 3rd.

I don't know if Charles is worth it, but I would guess no unless you love Texas. Remember you can't resell some of these TCs, Ginn and Charles included. There are probably a ton of cards similar or better than Charles for the same or cheaper price tag, plus the ability to resell.

stand ur ground 02-10-2014 02:05 PM

Too many better backs than charles . Save your time. Ginn is a nice return guy. 98spd 99acc. If ur looking for a fast wideout desean jackson is much cheaper. Ginns catch ability is average.

marks01234ps3 02-10-2014 02:11 PM

Ginn might be worth it. It'll probably cost you 50k to do the collection with Mangold being the most expensive. You could just as easily by a Leader Ford for 40-50k too.

Ginn cost me a game as a return man by fumbling and he's been in my reserves since. I now use LL spiller as my return man. Ginn was solid though.

TC Charles would just collect dust in your reserves. Several speed backs available to 5-10k that better.

Syxxpac78 02-10-2014 02:50 PM

I did the Ginn collection because I had most of the cards to begin with plus I was using TG gold card as my return guy and his TC card is that much better, just for returns alone.

I pulled a gold Cam this weekend and threw him up on the AH for 14k I think on the 360. Not sure is he sold or not yet? I don't think he's that rare.

Kennedyisdead 02-10-2014 03:05 PM

Charles is great for returns. He also works well on screens if you play 2 backs. That collection is pretty cheap, the silvers are cheap and there isn't any expensive golds. Maybe Vaccaro, but thats just because he is on another collection. Even so ive seen him for 2k lots of times.

jaybird13 02-10-2014 03:22 PM

TC Ginn is still my #5 WR and I've tried 'em all.