Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NCAA Football Ultimate Team (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=464)
-   -   New to ultimate team, please help with strategy (/forums/showthread.php?t=708278)

illinihitch 02-15-2014 12:55 PM

New to ultimate team, please help with strategy

So I just got into ultimate team last week. Can't believe I've missed this, have been enthralled with it.

But I feel like I'm missing something. So far in solo mode, I've beaten the conference games, first 4 bowl games, Crabtree challenge, and the duke and Wisconsin challenges. I've spent all those coins at the auction and don't know if I'm going about this right. My team is rated 84 OVR with several things left to do that will earn coins in solo mode.

So far I've overpaid for several Illini like Whitney Mercilus, vontae Davis, Jon asomoah, and jack Cornell. Over paid for Craig Steltz at like 5000 buyout. I also bought mike Kafka for like 800 before I knew you could get cam for free from the skills trainer.

I bought a bunch of guys rated mid to upper 70s to fill in the gaps at CB, OLB, D and O line. I got several for under 500. I think I got bargains in ESPN Ricky Williams for 3500, gold AJ green for 2000 and Gold Tavon Austin for 1500. The only cards I've pulled that I'm using are 93 rated MLB Dan Conner, 85 DE orakpo, and 88 FS Phillip Thomas.

Should I wait and buy the packs you can get for 7500 coins? Any good posts that can explain what packs are good buys, etc?

thesportsguru11 02-15-2014 12:58 PM

Re: New to ultimate team, please help with strategy

Quote:

Originally Posted by illinihitch (Post 2045955984)
So I just got into ultimate team last week. Can't believe I've missed this, have been enthralled with it.

But I feel like I'm missing something. So far in solo mode, I've beaten the conference games, first 4 bowl games, Crabtree challenge, and the duke and Wisconsin challenges. I've spent all those coins at the auction and don't know if I'm going about this right. My team is rated 84 OVR with several things left that will earn coins.

So far I've overpaid for several Illini like Whitney Mercilus, vontae Davis, Jon asomoah, and jack Cornell. Over paid for Craig Steltz at like 5000 buyout. I also bought mike Kafka for like 800 before I knew you could get cam for free from the skills trainer.

I bought a bunch of guys rated mid to upper 70s to fill in the gaps at CB, OLB, D and O line. I got several for under 500. I think I got bargains in ESPN Ricky Williams for 3500, gold AJ green for 2000 and Gold Tavon Austin for 1500. The only cards I've pulled that I'm using are 93 rated MLB Dan Conner, 85 DE orakpo, and 88 FS Phillip Thomas.

Should I wait and buy the packs you can get for 7500 coins? Any good posts that can explain what packs are good buys, etc?

Never buy packs at your level. 7500 coins for 1 gold (or higher) card and maybe 1 silver that can help you out. You could line up a ton of golds for 7500. Once you get up into the 90's though, then you can start buying a few packs as a luxury every now and then. There are a bunch of good elite cards to be found if you are lucky.

illinihitch 02-15-2014 01:11 PM

Thanks, so keep on the auction and get guys I think are values. Do u think the prices I said above for Ricky Williams, tavon Austin and aj green were good like I do? I need to upgrade at qb, cause my cam doesn't have the arm to get it to Austin when he beats his man deep.

So I'm thinking build up 8000-10000 and going after say a gold Vick or someone.

CAJ16 02-15-2014 01:13 PM

That AJ is worthmo on AH right now than it is in your lineup. Decent value in possession receivers and you can prob get 10+ k for him this weekend.

Kennedyisdead 02-15-2014 01:16 PM

Buy a pack every now and then dude. Sometimes you have great rewards. Also you can use the silver players you get and use them as well. You can get a few starters at your level. I would buy a player you like, then buy a pack next time.

stand ur ground 02-15-2014 01:23 PM

97 cv harrington.. I sell mine for under 3 grand. Theres plenty of serviceable qbs under 5k. If ur in ps3 msg me. Ill hook u up with a few guys.

RebelT 02-15-2014 01:31 PM

I completely disagree with the notion that you don't buy packs. In fact, vehemently disagree with it.

Packs, while they will frequently disappoint (more often than not) will also occasionally yield a card that will put you over the top when it comes to the quality of your team, or in being able to sell that one guy and buy 5 that can upgrade your team.

Packs will also yield some cards that will allow you to immediately flip for value. If you want to take the time, flipping game extensions, collection cards, and even low-level silvers can yield decent coin and shorten the distance until your next pack.

Plus, packs are what make this game fun. The rush of finding a great card in a pack is what really makes it for me -- it's what I'm always trying to replicate. That's not to say you can't have fun other ways, but it's one of the central parts of the game as far as I'm concerned.

CAJ16 02-15-2014 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RebelT (Post 2045956080)
I completely disagree with the notion that you don't buy packs. In fact, vehemently disagree with it.

Packs, while they will frequently disappoint (more often than not) will also occasionally yield a card that will put you over the top when it comes to the quality of your team, or in being able to sell that one guy and buy 5 that can upgrade your team.

Packs will also yield some cards that will allow you to immediately flip for value. If you want to take the time, flipping game extensions, collection cards, and even low-level silvers can yield decent coin and shorten the distance until your next pack.

Plus, packs are what make this game fun. The rush of finding a great card in a pack is what really makes it for me -- it's what I'm always trying to replicate. That's not to say you can't have fun other ways, but it's one of the central parts of the game as far as I'm concerned.

I don't think packs are what makes this mode fun. I've prob spent 100k total on packs and have sunk more hours into this mode than I care to count.