Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Basketball Dynasties (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=190)
-   -   Coaching Career of B. Youngblood (CH2K8) (/forums/showthread.php?t=708624)

Deuce2223 02-17-2014 03:52 PM

Coaching Career of B. Youngblood (CH2K8)

UC Davis has been competing in basketball since 1910, but hasn't had a winning season since the 2002-2003 season when they went 18-9 in the CCAA under Gary Stewart.

After competing for 3 years as a Independent going 24-60, the Aggies joined the Big West where they went 36-50 and 88-148 Overall under Coach Stewart.

In 2011 they fired Stewart and hired former Bradley coach Jim Les. But after a disappointing 5-26 season finishing just 3-13 in Big West play, the Aggies are making a change again.

Taking over the program in 2012 will be 25 year old Bryan Youngblood Well Youngblood has never been a head coach at the college level, he is known as a player's coach (C+ Charisma) who loves to put points on the board via the 3pt shot. (C+ Offfense).

With a young roster that includes 3 Sophomores in the starting lineup and a small roster with only 2 players over 6'7, Coach Youngblood has announced that the Aggies will run a high temp offense out using a Princeton style playbook that will feature the 3pt shot

Coach Youngblood
Quote:

"Well we might have the most talented roster in the Big West, I believe we still have enough talent to compete this season not just in conference play but against some of the best teams in California. PG/SG Ty Corbin can score points with the best of them"
I am starting this as a closed legacy with a roster set for 2012, the last file I had downloaded before 2kshare went down. I plan on simming my first 2 seasons and will start playing games in Year 3.

Deuce2223 02-17-2014 05:03 PM

Re: Coaching Career of B. Youngblood (CH2K8)

AGGIES FIND INSTANT SUCCESS UNDER COACH YOUNGBLOOD

UC Davis came into the 2011-2012 with a Freshman and 3 Soph's in the starting lineup, but after 3 games, Coach Youngblood made a move inserting SR PG Tood Lowenthal (64 OVR/80 3PT) into the starting lineup, moving FR Tyrell Corbin (67 OVR/68 3PT/74 OWAR) to SG, with SO SF H. Dupont (65 OVR) moving to the 6th man spot.

The move worked to perfection as the Aggies knock off #25 Mississippi State (75-73) in the opening round of the Orange County Shootout The Aggies then went on to beat South Illinois (74-69) to move to the Championship game vs USC In the Championship game, Corbin scores 22 points (3/5 3pt) as UC Davis beats USC (76-68)

The Aggies then went on to win 3 straight as beating California WCC schools (Pepperdine,LMU and San Diego) before falling to another WCC school (USF) just their 2nd loss of the season (also lost to Santa Clara).

UC Davis then came up 1 basket short of forcing OT as they lose to #18 UCLA (82-80) at Pauley Pavillion, before beating CSU Bakersfield (93-81) to finish non-conference play 9-3.

Coach Youngblood also had success off the court as he signs 2* Center Dominique Clark out of Tracy CA. Rated the #795 Overall player in the class and #96 C, Clark figures to play major minutes next season as a key backup off the bench behind SO's A. Tiffin and M. Kurtz

UCD opened Big West play with a huge (90-68) win over rival UC Riverside, as 4 players score in double digits led by R. Sypkens off the bench who scores 18 on 5/7 3pt shooting.

The Aggies would go on to finish 10-6 in Big West play finished tied with Long Beach State and CS Fullerton for 2nd place in the Conference behind UCSB who went 12-3.

UCD would close out the regular season with a (60-49) win over rival Sacramento State to finish with a 20-9 Overall record.

After beating (8-18) UC Riverside in the opening round of the Big West Tourney, the Aggies took on (20-8) CS Fullerton in Round 2, defeating the Titians (75-74) as Corbin scores 26 pts to lead the team.

With UCSB losing to UC Irvine in the opening round of the tourney, UCD played Long Beach State in the Finals. With a #24 Ranking in the Mid Majors Poll, but only a RPI of #73, the Aggies would need to win the Big West Title for a automatic bid into the Field of 65.

Corbin leads the way as he scores 25 points leading UCD to a (65-53) win.

With the victory, (23-9) UC Davis is headed to the Big Dance as a #11 seed where will play #6 Maryland, who finished the year 23-10 Overall and 10-6 in ACC play, with a RPI of #39.

UNC entered the tourney as the #1 Overall seed after finishing the season 30-5 Overall and 15-1 in the ACC (lost 102-91 to Duke).

Kentucky, Purdue and Oklahoma State were the other #1 seeds.

Duke, W. Virginia, Florida and Baylor were the #2 seeds.

AGGIES FALL IN FIRST ROUND

Trailing 47-28 at the half, UCD makes a huge comeback in the 2nd half scoring 46 points as Corbin pours in 29 points on 4/7 3pt shooting, but it's not enough as Maryland holds on for the (76-74) win.

FINAL 4 FEATURES ALL 4 #2 SEEDS!

#1 UNC fell to #9 Oregon in Round 2, well #1 Kentucky also went down in Round 2 to #8 UCLA, and #1 Purdue lost to #9 Arizona.

#1 OSU made it to the Elite 8 before falling to #2 Baylor.

West Virginia beat #15 Boise State in Round 1. The Broncos won 20 games after winning the WAC tourney as the #4 seed, but WVU comes up short in the Final 4 losing to Duke (89-84)

Baylor also falls in the Final 4, to #2 Florida (84-59) leaving the National Title game to Dukies vs Gators.

GATORS CROWNED CHAMPS

The Gators are crowned National Champs as they beat Duke (79-67). K. Boynton leads UF with 22 points. Duke shoots just 6/22 from 3pt as FR A. Rivers goes 1/6 scoring just 10 points.

UCONN'S J. CALHOUN HANGS THEM UP

Jim Calhoun decides to retire after UConn goes 22-13 Overall. The Huskies hire Missouri State HC C. Martin who lead the Bears to a (21-11) Overall record and #10 seed in the tourney.

MSU hires former Oral Roberts HC Scott Sutton who had guided the Golden Eagles to a Summitt Conference Title and #16 seed in the NCAA tourney.

Oral Roberts hires former Gonzaga Assistant K. Hunter as it's new HC.

AGGIES SAY GOODBYE TO 3

Starting PG T. Lowenthal, starting SF E. Miller and backup PG E. Silva all graduate leaving Coach Youngblood 7 returning players, incoming recruit D. Clark and 4 scholarships as UCD goes into Off-season recruiting.

AGGIES ADD 4 MORE IN OFF-SEASON

Coming off the most successful season in school history, Coach Youngblood lands 4 more recruits including a pair of 3* recruits, a 7'1 bigman and a 2* JC FR.

3* SF 6'6 J.R. Acasio from Berkely CA comes in as the #368 Overall recruit and #74 SF.

3* SF 6'7 Trevor Azubuike from Oakland CA comes in as the #398 Overall recruit and #82 SF

2* C 7'1 Wilson Outlaw from Sacramento CA comes in as the #478 Overall recruit and #73 C

2* JF FR 6'7 SF Isaiah Paschell is orginally from Fresno CA but played last season at NAIA powerhouse College of Southern Idaho.

Coach Youngblood
Quote:

"I am very excited about this class, and believe these guy's will help us continue the success we saw on the court this year. It's too early to tell which player will have the most impact and become try and repeat Ty Corbin's Big West FOY performance, but if I had to place some money on it, I would pick Outlaw. He has the size to dominate in the paint."
It's a good thing Coach Young likes his class because the 5 players rank #147 Overall :shocked:

TEXAS EDGES OUT FLORIDA TIE FOR #1 CLASS

Both schools landed 3 5* McDonald All-Americans, with 2 of the Gators being State Mr Basketball's, but Texas a 3* recruit late to push them to #1. All of Texas's recruits are figured into next year's starting lineup (SF S. Diarra, PF M. Whaley and C. D. Cain), well Florida will likely add 2 (PG R. Barrnett and PF T. Doornekamp)

UNLV lands the 3rd best Class with 1 5* AA Mr BB. The Running Rebels are projected to have 4 FR in next years starting lineup.

LSU finished #5, well Syracuse, UConn, Arizona, Texas A&M and Michigan State round out the Top-10.

Deuce2223 02-17-2014 05:38 PM

2013 PREVIEW

Duke opens the year #1, UNC, #2, Louisville #3, Purdue #4, Kentucky #5, Florida #6, Iowa State #7, Ohio State #8, #9 Syracuse and #10 Alabama.

SO Tyrone Corbin is UCD best player at 68 Overall. The Big West FOY last year Avg 17.9 PPG well shooting 35% from 3pt.

UC Riverside’s FR Center J. Myles is considered the Conference Pre-Season Big West POY, He is picked as the Best Overall (74) as well as the Best Freshman, Best Pro Prospect and Best Defender.

Coach Youngblood has 3 scholarships to hand out and targets 6 3* recruits including SG’s Umrad Martin (#139 Overall) and JR Peters (#174 Overall) All 6 are from California.

JR Transfer SF I. Paschall (55 OVR) and C D. Clark (55 OVR) redshirt.

SR R. Sypkens (64 OVR/76 3PT) joins the starting lineup at SG. Freshman T. Azubuike (66 OVR) and W. Outlaw (68 OVR) also join the starting lineup along with Corbin and JR H. Dupoint (67 OVR) who started 13 games last year.

Former starters JR's 6’9 A. Tiffin (61 OVR, 6.2 PPG, 6.7 RPG last season) and 7’0 M. Kurtz (56 OVR/73 3PT 5.7 PPG 3.2 RPG 28/73 3pt (38%) move to the bench, where they join SR SG R.Howley (63 OVR), JR PF J. Richart (62 OVR) and FR SF J. Acasio (66 OVR).

AGGIE'S LOOK TO REPEAT WITH ANOTHER SUCCESSFUL SEASON

UCD will start the year off with 2 games at home (Utah Valley) and rival Sacremento State before defending their Crown in the Orange Country Shootout. (Opening round is vs Georiga, Round 2 could be a rematch vs S. Illinois or Chattanooga, Other side of the bracket features Washington State, Santa Clara, ULM and Central Michigan. Games are played at the Honda Center)

The Aggies then have 6 more non-conference games (home vs N. Colorado, and CSU Bakersfield) and away games (@ Cal, USF, Saint Mary's and LMU) before playing in the Shamrock Office Solutions. (Round 1 vs Wofford, other teams in the tourney are Pepperdine and Morgan State, held at McKeon Pavillon)

Deuce2223 02-17-2014 07:35 PM

RECAP OF 2013

FR W. Outlaw goes down in Game 1, out 20 days, SO PG Ty Corbin gets hurt in loss to USF, missed the next 17 days with a separated shoulder, but UCD has only 3 games and wins 2 of 3. FR W. Outlaw gets hurt again this time breaking his nose and will miss 13 days, UCD is now 4-4 Overall

UCD loses in Round 1 of the Orange County Shootout to Georgia (68-67) but come back to beat Chattanooga and ULM to win the consolation bracket.

UCD beat Pepperdine (78-71) to win the Shamrock Office Solutions Tourney, Corbin returns to score 22 in the opening round and 28 in the Championship game going 10/20 FG and 5/10 from 3pt.

UCD finishes their non-conference play 8-5.

UCD finishes the regular season gong 10-6 in Big West play tied for 2nd place again with CS Fullerton, CS Northridge and Pacific, and finishes with a 19-11 Overall record but just a RPI of #101 will force them to win the Big West tourney again.

UCSB wins the regular season conference for the 2nd year in a row going 13-3.

UCD wins the Big West Tourney.

The Aggies defeat Pacific in Round 1 (81-74) behind 29 points from Corbin.
UCSB in Round (61-54), as Corbin again leads the team with 18 pts.

And Long Beach State in the Finals (83-54) with Corbin being named Tourney MVP after sccoring 26 points including 13/15 from the line.

The Aggies are now 22-11 going into the tourney and receive a #12 seed, and a rematch against #5 Cal (23-11). UCD lost to Ca during the regular season (67-61)

Louisville get the #1 Overall seed, UNC, Indiana and Duke are also #1’s

UCD BREAKS THE BRACKETS BY MAKING A FINAL 4 RUN!!

The Aggies beat Cal (72-67) and faced #13 Bucknell in Round 2 who upset #4 Memphis (75-73). With a (80-73) win over Bucknell with Corbin scoring 29 points (5/11 3pt), the Aggies headed to the Sweet 16 to face #8 Marqutte who upset #1 Louisville (68-66).

A huge team effort as the Aggies upset Marquette (84-76) with 5 players scoring in double digits to overcome a 45 point performance from J. Anderson (5/8 3pt). Corbin leads the way with 24 pts (5/7 3pt) H. Dupont has 16 pts and 9 boards, and R. Sypkens had 12 pts and 7 assist.

UCD faced #3 Syracuse in the Elite 8 with the winner scheduled to face either #1 UNC or #2 UConn.

The other side of the bracket had #9 West Virginia vs #6 Georgia Tech and #1 Duke vs #2 Florida in a NC rematch game.

UCD makes history as they upset Syracuse (80-73) to make the Final 4. Corbin scores a career high 36 points hitting 6/11 from 3pt. Dupont has a double double with 15 pts and 10 reb.

UCD played UNC in the Final 4. #1 Duke faced off against #9 W. Virginia. It’s the 2nd year in row both teams made the Final 4. Florida loses out on their chance of a repeat.

UCD is embarrassed in the loss to UNC as the Tar Heels win (111-42) Corbin finishes with just 11 pts on 3/21 shooting (3/11 from 3pt) D. Strickland finishes with 36 pts hitting 6/8 from 3pt. P. Hairston finishes with 21 pts 7 reb 6 asst and J. McAdoo adds 18 pts and 9 reb in the win.

It’s #1 UNC vs #1 Duke in the National Title game. Duke won the 1st regular season meeting (85-83)

UNC IS YOUR 2013 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

UNC beats Duke (94-79) to win title.

WHAT WILL COACH YOUNGBLOOD DO?

At the end of the season Coach Youngblood receives 5 attributes points. With a 49-22 Overall record and 2 straight trips to the NCAA Tourney and now a Final 4, he is a hot coaching prospect for bigger schools.

But can he leave Big West Conference POY Tyrell Corbin after just 2 seasons. The Soph raised the ball after Avg 21.4 PPG, and the Aggies were only losing 3 players, but had 3 talented SG’s recruits waiting in the wings to take their spot.

Indiana State, Marshall, TCU and VCU all make inquiries. VCU had just finished 14-16 Overall and 9-9 in the Colonial, and had decided to let Coach Shaka Smart go. After making it to the Final 4 in 2011, the Rams expected better. Smart was hired by UCSB after B. Williams leaves for Penn State.

Coach Youngblood would either be taking over his team or coaching against him in the Big West.

VCU had some good things going. One was FR PG Fab Morrissette (74) the former 4* Mr BB from Washington DC. He made the Conference All-American team after putting up 8.1 PPG, 3.0 RPG, 3.7 APG and 1.7 SPG well shooting 42% from 3pt (29/69).

They also had SO SG Teddy Okerafor (68) who was named the Colonial Conference POY after leading the conference at 21.6 PPG, well hitting 36% from 3pt.

The roster also has 5 JR’s meaning Coach Youngblood would have lots of ability to land his type of players early. Not to mention that fact they still had 1 scholarship left to offer this season.

Coach Youngblood quickly crossed off Indiana State and Marshall, but a late push by TCU put the Horn Frogs in the hunt. TCU was coming of a horrible year (8-21) finishing 3-13 in last place in the MWC. But TCU had 6 incoming Freshman who could change things quickly including 2 3* rated just outside the Top-100 (#103/#109).

Coach Youngblood is left with a very difficult decision.

Deuce2223 02-17-2014 07:39 PM

I can see that I am getting a view readers via the view count, and would like to hear your thoughts.

Should Coach Youngblood return to UCD and try to win a Big West regular season conference title behind Corbin.

or should Coach Youngblood head to VCU and take over a program who has been to the Final 4 expects to get back there. With 3 very solid players to help in year 1 and 5 scholarships available in year 2.

or should Coach YB take over a struggling TCU program that appears to have some big help on the way but is probably a roster that doesn't quite fit the Princeton 3pt shot offense that Coach YB is use to running.

I will wait to see some responses before making up my mind.

By the way I also have a really great read in the Football Dynasty section called the Coaching Career of Timmy Chang.

NewscasterNews4 02-17-2014 09:58 PM

This is a tough decision, but I say go with TCU. You may struggle your first few years, but the Big 12 should be a nice challenge for you.

Deuce2223 02-18-2014 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewscasterNews4 (Post 2045963356)
This is a tough decision, but I say go with TCU. You may struggle your first few years, but the Big 12 should be a nice challenge for you.

Problem is they are not in the Big 12 because I didn't mess with conferences before I started and you can't edit conferences once you start you legacy, so they are still in the MWC, which is still a pretty solid conference with UNLV, New Mexico, San Diego State and BYU.

I have always liked TCU and actually spent some time there in a previous legacy, which is why I left them on my list, but the truth is their roster doesn't fit my play style what so ever and with 6 incoming Freshman it would take quite awhile to rebuild it into one.

VCU is interesting because in all my legacies I have never spent time in the Colonial, Plus they have a roster that already fits my play style. However it's tough leaving Corbin and UCD. I have a feeling that by staying, I could get a decent job offer next season as well.

Thanks for checking in.

pfeifere1 02-18-2014 08:16 AM

TCU- will be a sure struggle for the first couple seasons...and yes those freshmen look great in that it is a young team with some potential, but that essentially means you have a couple years until a big recruiting offseason. Personally, I wouldn't go there.

VCU- certainly recruiting friendly for the next couple seasons and they have a national pedigree...hard to see anything wrong with this choice other than the fact that you will miss out on Corbin's last two seasons.

UCD- if you go back for one season, you'll definitely stay for at least two seasons because you can't go out before Corbin's senior season. If you do this and have success then the teams will come flocking to you...however if your flop you'll be seeing just the likes of MAC teams at best (no offense BigJ if you see this!) :)

Your call...no chance you see either school again for a while, so if you have any attachment to either VCU or TCU I would go. My suggestion, stay for 2 years at least.

Good luck!