Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NCAA Football Ultimate Team (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=464)
-   -   Best Press CBs? (/forums/showthread.php?t=708973)

Brevinb 02-19-2014 01:48 PM

Best Press CBs?

Alright so my CBs are currently..

CV Woodson
LL Talib
Elite Law

But I run 4-2-5 so I have to run Gold Alphonso Smith
What's a cheap guy who could press better than him? He always gets burnt, but I continue to press then help him with a safety over the top. It would be nice if I had someone i didn't have to babysit. Any ideas?

CAJ16 02-19-2014 02:35 PM

Re: Best Press CBs?

Excellent card, but will get murdered if your press. Gold Bailey presses well, and I would think compliments your scheme from what it sounds like. His speed and man are not strong though. 12-15k typically

jaybird13 02-19-2014 02:44 PM

I like corners who can press as well. That extra 1-2 seconds can really throw off the QB's timing routes.

Anyways - of course Woodson is king, but outside of him it's TC Law, then Elite Winfield (96) and Elite Buckley (95).

Affliction80 02-19-2014 02:47 PM

Gold Champ is a good cheap press cb but can get burned sometimes because of speed. Elite Winfield does pretty good for around 25-30k, Elite Champ is better for around 40k. I used to use gold champ at FS as he has great zone cover and awareness. Stay away from Buckley, press is terrible.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

sherlockparks 02-19-2014 03:26 PM

If you have 40k and are on xbox, elite champ is the way to go for a good press cb on the cheap

Sent from my BNTV400 using Tapatalk

Ballgame59 02-19-2014 03:54 PM

1 - How exactly do you press?

2 - Do you usually select it in the play calling menu or audible?

Dirk4prez 02-19-2014 03:56 PM

HW Mathieu (94 prs) if you can find him at a decent price...his mcv (98) is equal to elite deion and when he gets picks, it takes 5 guys to bring him down...plus he's a good tackler/block shedder if you have him in the slot and need that run support.

Seems like there's been more hh cards in packs lately so you may see one at a reasonable price, if you keep your eye on the ah...

But if you need to go cheaper, CAJ is dead on with Bailey (95 prs). Also, gold Revis (90 prs) is probably not QUITE what you're looking for, but his spd and mcv (both 95) are about as good as you'll find for a gold CB, so his 90 prs rating is solid enough to keep him from getting burned.

MY recommendation to you, tho: Gold Pac Man (91 prs). He's a poor man's Mathieu, with better tackling ability, but is a bit slow at 91 spd. BUT if you were willing to mix up ur scheme a little and use some slot cb blitzes, he's an animal at tackling, hit power, and block shedding (I'm guessing about as good as you'll find in ANY CBs on the game--pat pete and woodson are prob the only ones even in the ballpark)...he can completely change your 4-2-5 into a hybrid 4-3 that is built to shutdown the passing game. Because he can be used almost as a finesse OLB who can rush the QB, blow up rd opt plays, give you help in the run game, and cover TEs, HBs and slot WR's...

Just a thought...

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Orange Krush 02-19-2014 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ballgame59 (Post 2045968048)
1 - How exactly do you press?

2 - Do you usually select it in the play calling menu or audible?

Before the snap press triangle then down on the D-pad, this will move your DB's up and they will jam the receiver at the line. If you click R3 it will bring up the pre-snap menu and show you all the adjustments you can make.