Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football Sliders (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=495)
-   -   I think i have figured out defensive sliders (/forums/showthread.php?t=712990)

tariq071 03-08-2014 01:57 PM

I think i have figured out defensive sliders

This is what i am seeing in several games:

- Pass Rx - it's actually Pass coverage slider , for CPU lower value is better for Human higher one

- INT slider- it regulates how tight coverage is, specially in zone , at 25 CPU reacts and keeps it tight , even on curls. I had Houston's Joseph covering Jag's Blackmon all over when 1 on 1 on outside curls(as it should be).Possible sideffect is that CPU WR's also run routes little better (not confirmed yet)

- Pass Coverage - this is INT slider.Lower it is , more chances of the swat animations over CPU attempting Int. At 15 they are more going for swats then ints, at 25 CPU only goes for Int animation.

This is on All pro and with Treshold of 36 and in combination with OPI/DPI being 7/1. Anything under 36 was making human outside runs unstoppable.

More testing is still needed , but it looks very promising...

newcastlebronco 03-10-2014 07:57 AM

Re: I think i have figured out defensive sliders

This looks really promising especially if it means that curls aren't as open as they normally are. I use TheDoooogs sliders (which are awesome btw) with a couple of changes and have tried to fix this myself as I use gameplan and curls constantly comes up as a play.

Have you done any more testing of this?

kpkpkp 03-10-2014 12:06 PM

I agree about the pass coverage slider having a great effect on INT's.

Mizzou24 suggested something very similar.

Per his advice I set pass cov. at 20 because my defenders were intercepting the CPU 3-4 times a game. And I wasn't even user controlling my defenders, this was just the CPU controlled QB being intercepted by my CPU controlled defenders. (I just call plays and watch on defense, or control only DL guys)

Once I put hum pass cov to 20 it stopped. I still get 1 or 2 but it has gotten way better.

I'm not sure I agree about the INT slider affecting coverage. Because as per Mizzou24's sliders I have INT at zero for both CPU and HUM and coverage is still plenty tight for both teams. But maybe I need to look closer since you said it's more man coverage specifically.

I'm confused by your comment on Pass Reaction slider. You're saying it's reversed for CPU and is actually the slider that affects coverage? Do you mean man coverage since you suggest the INT slider is zone coverage?

Lastly, why OPI/DPI set so low?

tariq071 03-10-2014 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kpkpkp (Post 2046022975)
I agree about the pass coverage slider having a great effect on INT's.

Mizzou24 suggested something very similar.

Per his advice I set pass cov. at 20 because my defenders were intercepting the CPU 3-4 times a game. And I wasn't even user controlling my defenders, this was just the CPU controlled QB being intercepted by my CPU controlled defenders. (I just call plays and watch on defense, or control only DL guys)

Once I put hum pass cov to 20 it stopped. I still get 1 or 2 but it has gotten way better.

I'm not sure I agree about the INT slider affecting coverage. Because as per Mizzou24's sliders I have INT at zero for both CPU and HUM and coverage is still plenty tight for both teams. But maybe I need to look closer since you said it's more man coverage specifically.

I'm confused by your comment on Pass Reaction slider. You're saying it's reversed for CPU and is actually the slider that affects coverage? Do you mean man coverage since you suggest the INT slider is zone coverage?

Lastly, why OPI/DPI set so low?

Sliders appears to be mislabeled (hard to believe, i know) but it looks like:

- Pass Rx = Pass coverage
- Int = Pass Rx
- Pass Cov = Int

For Int question , on Int 25 for CPU, on outside curl routes, you will see DB jumping on the ball before WR. That was the only way i have seen CPU reacting on curls without delay. Without that , it waits till WR catches the ball (or turns) and then stops and reacts.

For pass Rx at 35 (i believe that's Mizzou's setup) CPU reacts and plays tighter then Human side(with 65 on Human side you will get similar result as the CPU 35) . They were reversed last year and comparable slider in NCAA 14 was reversed also (Pas cov slider)

I am using Dooogs (not sore how many o's in name) sliders and OPI/DPI come from there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by newcastlebronco (Post 2046022566)
This looks really promising especially if it means that curls aren't as open as they normally are. I use TheDoooogs sliders (which are awesome btw) with a couple of changes and have tried to fix this myself as I use gameplan and curls constantly comes up as a play.

Have you done any more testing of this?

to be honest i have settled on 15 for INT right now, till i play more games against different teams..Left Pass Cov at 20 and if i don't see enough of swat attempts, i'll move it to 15 and compensate difference with Pass Rx adjustment

kpkpkp 03-10-2014 09:07 PM

What do you use for CPU and Human QB accuracy tariq071?

tariq071 03-10-2014 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kpkpkp (Post 2046024788)
What do you use for CPU and Human QB accuracy tariq071?

Didn't change anything from Dooogs sliders other then mentioned , so it's 5 for both. but my QB is Blaine Gabbert , so can be different with real QB

kpkpkp 03-12-2014 11:07 AM

Tariq, I really think you're on to something.

I was using QB acc 5 for both human and CPU. I was also using 40/0/40 in pass Rx/int/coverage respectively. I was gettin realistic numbers except for interceptions were always too high. Usually 3 for the CPU and 1-2 for me. I was so confused because I would get all of these INT's even though I had the INT slider at 0.

Then last night I played a game based off of your suggestions.

I set it at: (hum/CPU)

QB acc 10/10
P block 45/55
WR catch 50/50

Reaction 30/30
INT 25/25
Coverage 15/15

FINALLY, a game without tons of INT's!

Andrew Luck threw for 2 Td's 250 yards and 0 INT
Dane Honani (me) threw for 320 yards 2 TD's and 0 INT
Both had comp % of 68

I'm thinking of upping INT to 20 and putting QB acc at 7 for both.

gman2774 03-12-2014 06:47 PM

I use Mizzous passing sliders but have issues with passing. If I want to loosen the CPU coverage on me I should just lower CPU pass rx? He has it at 35. If I drop it to 30 will I see looser CPU pass coverage?