Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football Sliders (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=495)
-   -   I think i have figured out defensive sliders (/forums/showthread.php?t=712990)

OhMrHanky 03-14-2014 08:34 AM

I think i have figured out defensive sliders

As a quick note, not everything is cut and dry with sliders. It's not that pass cov is the int slider, it's that pass cov actually does provide better pass cov and allows for 'seeing' the ball better (maybe it ups awareness for d or ups play recog), who knows for sure? Int slider for me does provide the ability to intercept and is the last slider to tweak. U should tweak pass cov till coverage looks decent. Then tweak down INTs till they are correct or at the level u want. The other factor that no one talks about for INTs is QB ACC. This is HUGE. And, for some reason, everyone wants to play at QB ACC of 4-10. Well, I've got news for u, a QB with ACC of 4-10 is going to throw picks ALL DAY!! Lol. Seriously, though, this absolutely is a factor in this. I personally have QB ACC at 27, CPU pass cov at 61-63 (this has been the absolute threshold for me. At 61, cov is just a bit too loose and easy to complete passes. At 62, it's just about right and 63 can be difficult or pick city against the Seahawks or other quality d). I have CPU int at 45. Here again, at 46-50, it's pick city, but at 45, I'm seeing broken up passes and yes, of course, I still see the ridiculous int from time to time. But with these settings, as long as I do my job as QB and don't throw into bad spots, I can normally throw 0-2 INTs per game. The CPU normally throws 0-3 per game I'd say with my settings. But, my overall point here being you're always going to have INTs with QB ACC lower than 10, so that's a big trade off for me. I have preferred to beef up the CPU pass d and allow my QB the ability to use max passing to avoid INTs (which is kind of needed against 62 pass cov. Without using max passing, I would probably live in pick city, still). So, anyways, food for thought. I dig my sliders and they seem to be miles off from anyone else's. Lol. But, u def might check on your QB ACC if u want to change things up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kpkpkp 03-14-2014 10:06 AM

Re: I think i have figured out defensive sliders

Quote:

Originally Posted by OhMrHanky (Post 2046034985)
As a quick note, not everything is cut and dry with sliders. It's not that pass cov is the int slider, it's that pass cov actually does provide better pass cov and allows for 'seeing' the ball better (maybe it ups awareness for d or ups play recog), who knows for sure? Int slider for me does provide the ability to intercept and is the last slider to tweak. U should tweak pass cov till coverage looks decent. Then tweak down INTs till they are correct or at the level u want. The other factor that no one talks about for INTs is QB ACC. This is HUGE. And, for some reason, everyone wants to play at QB ACC of 4-10. Well, I've got news for u, a QB with ACC of 4-10 is going to throw picks ALL DAY!! Lol. Seriously, though, this absolutely is a factor in this. I personally have QB ACC at 27, CPU pass cov at 61-63 (this has been the absolute threshold for me. At 61, cov is just a bit too loose and easy to complete passes. At 62, it's just about right and 63 can be difficult or pick city against the Seahawks or other quality d). I have CPU int at 45. Here again, at 46-50, it's pick city, but at 45, I'm seeing broken up passes and yes, of course, I still see the ridiculous int from time to time. But with these settings, as long as I do my job as QB and don't throw into bad spots, I can normally throw 0-2 INTs per game. The CPU normally throws 0-3 per game I'd say with my settings. But, my overall point here being you're always going to have INTs with QB ACC lower than 10, so that's a big trade off for me. I have preferred to beef up the CPU pass d and allow my QB the ability to use max passing to avoid INTs (which is kind of needed against 62 pass cov. Without using max passing, I would probably live in pick city, still). So, anyways, food for thought. I dig my sliders and they seem to be miles off from anyone else's. Lol. But, u def might check on your QB ACC if u want to change things up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I had QB acc at between 5-10 for both me and the CPU almost every game I have played, and only once I adjusted pass coverage down did the INT's stop.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but with QB acc at 5 for the CPU they are throwing fine and only give up 1 or 2 INT's a game. Same for me at QB acc 5. The CPU will even take deep throw attempts a few times per game. Especially if behind.

Since putting coverage at 15, INT's are much more realistic for me. I'm averaging 2.3 total INT's a game since setting it that way. I think that's pretty close to the real NFL. (through 4 games so far)

I had QB acc at 25 for CPU and my INT slider at 0 with my cov/Rx at 40 each and was getting wayyy too many CPU INT's and I could never understand why.

Also I see zero difference in coverage when adjusting it down to 15.

The only weakness in coverage seems to be against curls. Curls are way to easy for me and the CPU. But since putting pass Rx and int sliders at 30 and 35 respectively with cov at 15 it has gotten better.

I'm still tweaking.

SickDL 03-14-2014 11:00 AM

Played only one game yestday. Not sure about this yet. The game felt really open and it almost felt like coverage was way to lose . Yet the game ended In 17-10 lol.
I threw 2 picks 1 pressed the wrong button the other was a bad read. The cpu threw 1 in the final 2 minutes on little overthrown pass while behind by 7. Saw some good db and wr interaction and also some blown coverage.
Making a few tweeks. Going with 32 react 35 int and 16 cover.

And on the low qb acc. Ive had games getting destroyed by the cpu with qb acc on 7
the think it is with low and high qb acc. With high most incomplete passes com from dropped passes or players out of bounce or batted down or intercepted passes.
with qb acc lower youll see more overthrown passes.
and for the userwith high qb acc you can almost make every throw
thats my opinion

kpkpkp 03-14-2014 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SickDL (Post 2046035222)
Played only one game yestday. Not sure about this yet. The game felt really open and it almost felt like coverage was way to lose . Yet the game ended In 17-10 lol.
I threw 2 picks 1 pressed the wrong button the other was a bad read. The cpu threw 1 in the final 2 minutes on little overthrown pass while behind by 7. Saw some good db and wr interaction and also some blown coverage.
Making a few tweeks. Going with 32 react 35 int and 16 cover.

And on the low qb acc. Ive had games getting destroyed by the cpu with qb acc on 7
the think it is with low and high qb acc. With high most incomplete passes com from dropped passes or players out of bounce or batted down or intercepted passes.
with qb acc lower youll see more overthrown passes.
and for the userwith high qb acc you can almost make every throw
thats my opinion

I noticed exactly the same thing. Even with myself and CPU QB acc at 5 the computer controlled QB will still kill me at times. Especially Brady , or Manning or Higher end guys.

But the Blaine Gabberts of the world do terrible at 5 QB acc.... As they should .

I'm sticking with 5/5....

still undecided on the rest, but similar to you, I'm going with 30/35/15 on Rx/Int/cov for both human and CPU right now.

Once I put cov backto 20 the interceptions and interception animations get crazy again for both sides... So I'm definitely sticking with 15 there, but maybe 17 is a good idea.

Also, speaking of QB acc, once I put it higher for the CPU all of a sudden the CPU QB has a completion % of 80-ish all the time. With it at 5 I finally see it between 50%-70% with lower tier QB's struggling to break 60%. I like that.

OhMrHanky 03-14-2014 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kpkpkp (Post 2046035127)
Well I had QB acc at between 5-10 for both me and the CPU almost every game I have played, and only once I adjusted pass coverage down did the INT's stop.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but with QB acc at 5 for the CPU they are throwing fine and only give up 1 or 2 INT's a game. Same for me at QB acc 5. The CPU will even take deep throw attempts a few times per game. Especially if behind.

Since putting coverage at 15, INT's are much more realistic for me. I'm averaging 2.3 total INT's a game since setting it that way. I think that's pretty close to the real NFL. (through 4 games so far)

I had QB acc at 25 for CPU and my INT slider at 0 with my cov/Rx at 40 each and was getting wayyy too many CPU INT's and I could never understand why.

Also I see zero difference in coverage when adjusting it down to 15.

The only weakness in coverage seems to be against curls. Curls are way to easy for me and the CPU. But since putting pass Rx and int sliders at 30 and 35 respectively with cov at 15 it has gotten better.

I'm still tweaking.

yeah, no doubt, man. I think something else to understand is that sliders are relative to each other, actually as well. So, thinking of certain combos I think would work out like this:
Hum qb acc 5 and cpu pass cov 62 = pick city as qb throws the ball anywhere, and coverage is ready for it.
Hum qb acc 27 and cpu pass cov 62 = equals good coverage, but qb is good enough to beat it if play smart.
Hum qb acc 27 and cpu pass cov 20 = I destroy the cpu's poor coverage
Hum qb acc 5 and cpu pass cov 20 = now, cov is low enough that sorry qb can still make passes without being intercepted all day.

So, when playing with sliders, in general, I have found you gotta start somewhere, then tweak others, and hopefully not break anything. When I first put the game on all-pro default (which put everything at 50 EXCEPT for cpu pass coverage which defaulted to 75), I was throwing ridiculous picks all game, every game. So, my first task was to lower int slider. As others have said, this didn't solve the problem. So, I tried pass coverage. I kept lowering it until I found the soft spot. For me, that was at 62. So, I kept that there, and then said, let me weaken my qb to the point he makes mistakes, but I still want him to make good throws when he should. For me, that's 27. As u continue to lower this, the qb looks like a total goofball constantly throwing off his back foot, and I just couldn't deal with it, lol. I felt ints were still high, so then I played with the int slider, and ultimately saw a difference around 45-46 and currently have it at 45 and like most of the ints I see (still a few that look/feel ridiculous, but are normally performed by the likes of Darelle Revis or Richard Sherman, so I'm ok with that because here the ratings are sort of dictating play, but the animation usually kills you. lol). But, if u take the approach that u first want to lower qb acc, and u do that, and u feel that 5 is appropriate, tweaking from there, I'm pretty sure with pass cov at 75, you would never be able to pass the ball anywhere, so u have to tweak that down to 20 or whatever. And, then play with ALL the sliders!!!! lol. But, ultimately, everyone plays different, and honestly, it seems everyone sees something different with each slider, so to each his own on that score. Happy slidering everyone! lol

tariq071 03-14-2014 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OhMrHanky (Post 2046035451)
yeah, no doubt, man. I think something else to understand is that sliders are relative to each other, actually as well. So, thinking of certain combos I think would work out like this:
Hum qb acc 5 and cpu pass cov 62 = pick city as qb throws the ball anywhere, and coverage is ready for it.
Hum qb acc 27 and cpu pass cov 62 = equals good coverage, but qb is good enough to beat it if play smart.
Hum qb acc 27 and cpu pass cov 20 = I destroy the cpu's poor coverage
Hum qb acc 5 and cpu pass cov 20 = now, cov is low enough that sorry qb can still make passes without being intercepted all day.

I do appreciate your input, and i have tried your sliders(both sets) , as well the some others.
Now, do not take this as criticism because it's not, but in case of your suggestions, as i mentioned on one of your threads already before :

- outside runs were unstoppable , i was averaging 250+ yards
- outside curls were wide open all the times ( i do believe more and more that it's the engine issue and nothing to do with sliders)
- My QB (Blaine Gabbert out of all of them..) was always in 70+%
- my defensive guys were averaging 4+ int's per game, while CPu was always going for Interception attempt , and never to swat the ball.They looked like frenzied most of the time..
- i had no problem sacking CPU QB and CPU couldn't run on me, and most of the time pass on me.( i won against the Giants 72-0 for example)

Maybe because i always played on all madden(Heisman in NCAA) before, or maybe because of the way i play, but unfortunately they didn't work for me in such increased levels.Those are good sliders , but they just didn't fit my playstyle , so again it's not criticism on my behalf, just my honest feedback.

What i am trying to say and you agreed on in the post above that it's the combination of sliders and not just one slider that makes game fluid.Some will prefer high , and others will prefer lower...

Again , i really appreciate your input

tariq071 03-14-2014 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kpkpkp (Post 2046035127)

I'm still tweaking.

As for QBA on 5 , i personally liked it , because you actually have to lead WR when passing(i have it same in NCAA), and you can easily overthrow or completely be off mark sometimes..but then you got curls open...

That's the main issue for me, wide open curls..no matter what pass cov and Pass rx make (or penalty sliders i adjust), unless they are pressing, DB's are having huge cushion on outside curls, and it's easy 10 + yards no matter how you play it..

I managed to remove persistent outside runs for 10+ yards by lowering RBL to 7 for me , however i am still without solution for curls and somewhat tighter zone coverage.And everything else fits fine..bad players are bad , premier players shine, if left unchecked..

kpkpkp 03-14-2014 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tariq071 (Post 2046035552)
As for QBA on 5 , i personally liked it , because you actually have to lead WR when passing(i have it same in NCAA), and you can easily overthrow or completely be off mark sometimes..but then you got curls open...

That's the main issue for me, wide open curls..no matter what pass cov and Pass rx make (or penalty sliders i adjust), unless they are pressing, DB's are having huge cushion on outside curls, and it's easy 10 + yards no matter how you play it..

I managed to remove persistent outside runs for 10+ yards by lowering RBL to 7 for me , however i am still without solution for curls and somewhat tighter zone coverage.And everything else fits fine..bad players are bad , premier players shine, if left unchecked..

Yup, as I said already, curl routes are too easy for me too.

I have occasional trouble throwing curl routes, but it's never the CB covering me that stops me, if anyone does stop me it's a LB that comes over or something or if I'm double covered. But if my receiver is being covered 1-1 on man coverage, I'll hit the curl for a completion every time.

For the CPU they seem to have an even easier time on curls. My CB's can't stop curls worth a damn. And one of my CB's is Aqib Talib rated 90 OVR! They will never react and have their back turned until the CPU's receiver catches the ball, then all of a sudden my defender will turn around and tackle the CPU's receiver, but by then it's too late and the CPU has 10 more yards.

I think this actually is because of the coverage slider being at 15. But as we know; if we put it at 20 or more all of a sudden there are too many interceptions. Sure, curl routes become less effective, but that's because they're all interceptions now. What's weird is. I swear curls have been to easy even before I put Cov at 15. It's almost as if curls are too easy in this game no matter what you do with sliders.

So I'm just going to accept the fact that curls are easy :(

When my defense is in zone, they can stop curls occasionally. I can stop if I do some major coverage play like "cover 6" or "Velcro 9" but of course I leave myself succeptable to run draw's then. It seems the easy curls occur most often on man coverage specifically.

Also, I tried putting offensive/defensive PI down to 1 each in the penalty slider section, since I read that was supposed to make my DB's more aggressive, but it didn't seem to help. So I have both back at default 50 because I was worried it might screw something else up.

But maybe if I put just defensive PI down a bit? Instead of both offensive and defensive at the same time? Would that help?

I'm wondering would punt/catch interference being raised maybe help with DB reaction times?

Like maybe 45 Defensive PI
and maybe 55 P/K interference
With maybe 50 offensive PI (default)

Whatcha think?

Btw, thanks for discussing this with me Tariq. This has been great.