Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football Sliders (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=495)
-   -   I think i have figured out defensive sliders (/forums/showthread.php?t=712990)

OhMrHanky 03-14-2014 02:42 PM

Re: I think i have figured out defensive sliders

Quote:

Originally Posted by tariq071 (Post 2046035530)
I do appreciate your input, and i have tried your sliders(both sets) , as well the some others.
Now, do not take this as criticism because it's not, but in case of your suggestions, as i mentioned on one of your threads already before :

- outside runs were unstoppable , i was averaging 250+ yards
- outside curls were wide open all the times ( i do believe more and more that it's the engine issue and nothing to do with sliders)
- My QB (Blaine Gabbert out of all of them..) was always in 70+%
- my defensive guys were averaging 4+ int's per game, while CPu was always going for Interception attempt , and never to swat the ball.They looked like frenzied most of the time..
- i had no problem sacking CPU QB and CPU couldn't run on me, and most of the time pass on me.( i won against the Giants 72-0 for example)

Maybe because i always played on all madden(Heisman in NCAA) before, or maybe because of the way i play, but unfortunately they didn't work for me in such increased levels.Those are good sliders , but they just didn't fit my playstyle , so again it's not criticism on my behalf, just my honest feedback.

What i am trying to say and you agreed on in the post above that it's the combination of sliders and not just one slider that makes game fluid.Some will prefer high , and others will prefer lower...

Again , i really appreciate your input

oh yeah, no prob. No harm, no foul on slider input. lol, everyone is different and everyone plays different. I consider myself a competitor and I play all positions on the field, but I often don't go "gung ho" on every play. By that I mean, I'm not instant switching on D and whatnot. I let the players play, and I try to make plays the way they should be played. In some ways, I may play a little more 'passive' than others and so my sliders work for that type of player, I would think. And the qb acc is a tough spot. For me, I'm playing with Matt Ryan, so I expect him to be 65-70%, so that's where the slider allows that to happen, so that's where I keep it. Sadly, this may also allow Blaine Gabbert to throw that high, and that's a problem. lol. However, I will say I got stuck playing with my 3rd string QB in a game, and holy hell, man, that clown couldn't put the ball anywhere near a wr with qb acc at 32 back then, I believe. So, I don't know, ultimately everyone does play different. I just had a wicked d battle against the 'hawks and lost by 7, so I'm seeing diversity in my games lately beating up on weak teams, but having tough games against quality teams, and that's what I want. And my 99 spd 99 acc RB has actually had several games lately where he's only averaging 3-4 yds/carry, so outside runs haven't been a problem lately. Not sure what I tweaked lately to make that happen, but running the ball has been more realistic for me. Always tweaking, always tweaking. Good luck, man.

tariq071 03-14-2014 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kpkpkp (Post 2046035723)

Like maybe 45 Defensive PI
and maybe 55 P/K interference
With maybe 50 offensive PI (default)

Whatcha think?

Btw, thanks for discussing this with me Tariq. This has been great.

I don't think that OPI/DPI will help(i have it lower for D and higher for O), but it's worth a shot maybe with those values. I noticed that AI does that on all play where they are blitzing, because they are afraid on beating for big gain if they don't get sack.

In first half is ok, but second half , when AI is programmed to play more aggressively is an issue.

I'll try tonight (when i get home) to play game with INT on 100 , then same game with INT on 0 , just to see what difference it makes (if any)

And thank you for feedback, we have same issue that both want to be resolved, so it's much easier to work together , then one guy

kpkpkp 03-14-2014 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tariq071 (Post 2046035842)
I don't think that OPI/DPI will help(i have it lower for D and higher for O), but it's worth a shot maybe with those values. I noticed that AI does that on all play where they are blitzing, because they are afraid on beating for big gain if they don't get sack.

In first half is ok, but second half , when AI is programmed to play more aggressively is an issue.

I'll try tonight (when i get home) to play game with INT on 100 , then same game with INT on 0 , just to see what difference it makes (if any)

And thank you for feedback, we have same issue that both want to be resolved, so it's much easier to work together , then one guy

OK.

I'm going try a game like this when I get home:
him/CPU

QB acc 5/5
pass blk 45/55
Wr catch 50/50

Rx 30/30
INT 40/40
cov 15/15

Pass interference sliders will be at default

tariq071 03-14-2014 11:21 PM

Well, i have some head scratching results.I tested several different setups on same match(replayed it each time ) and:

INT changes:

INT 100 - CPU reacts lightning fast as soon you throw the pass, even on outside curls most of the time.Window for good throw appears very small and if thrown to early or to late, CPU gets to the ball first.
I had DB reacting on pass as he was 3 yards in front of my WR and getting to the ball first.
I had 2 picks in 1 quarter due to that, o TD's on my side, but 2 fg's

INT 50 - Nothing different then 0, 1 TD
INT 0 - wide open curls, CPU stays 3+ yards in front of WR and reacts 1-2 seconds after WR changes direction. No INT 90% pass completion in 1 quarter and 1 TD + 1 FG

Pass Coverage changes(head scratching part):

100 PCV/ 0 INT - 90+% completion rate, no INT's and CPU stays againi 4-5+ yards away of my WR, with delayed reaction again..I scored 2 TD's in 1 quarter

100 PCV/ 50 INT - 90+% completion rate , no INT's same as above , except i scored 4 TD's in one quarter

Not sure wth to think of all this...i was only calling plays that have outside curls in them, and my QBA is 5.

It appears that solution is in balancing PCV, INT and Treshold slider until we get satisfactory completion and interception levels, and accept that curls are broken :(

JoshC1977 03-15-2014 09:45 AM

Tariq,

I like the work you are doing here and I know this game is frustrating. I wonder if we are going about it the wrong way.....

See this post: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...7&postcount=18

The actual number of "big plays" per game is insanely low in the NFL. It makes me think that a higher threshold might be more appropriate. It might even help "solve" some of these coverage issues. Now, we'd practically have to re-invent the wheel slider-wise to make it work...but I'm not sure we are going to do much better than what we are with these sliders until we go back to basics.

kpkpkp 03-15-2014 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoshC1977 (Post 2046037633)
Tariq,

I like the work you are doing here and I know this game is frustrating. I wonder if we are going about it the wrong way.....

The actual number of "big plays" per game is insanely low in the NFL. It makes me think that a higher threshold might be more appropriate. It might even help "solve" some of these coverage issues. Now, we'd practically have to re-invent the wheel slider-wise to make it work...but I'm not sure we are going to do much better than what we are with these sliders until we go back to basics.

I absolutely agree.

Big break away runs are rare, from your link it seems they are even more rare than I thought!

I'll say this about min speed thrsh; I see a lot of people post sliders with it at 25 or lower.... Sometimes as low as 5!

Outside runs are way too easy IMO with it that low.

I personally, use 40. I did try 35 for a bit, but screens and toss runs were too easy for the HB's on either team.

So I use 40.

But that's just me, I see why some people like it low. Some people just want lots of break away runs and catches.

Also, Tariq. I'm going to try playing some more today.

I tried the 30/40/15 thing but the CPU threw 3 interceptions even though other things looked good. I keep ending up going back to this:

QB acc 5/5
pass blk 45/55
Wr catch 50/50

And

Rx 35/35
INT 30/30
cov 15/15

Or

Rx 30/30
INT 35/35
cov 15/15

Or

Rx 35/35
INT 35/35
cov 15/15

lol, can't decide.

I'll say this though. I'm getting wayyy more realistic results with any of those settings than I did when I tried ANY slider set with the interception slider at zero.
Before now the most realistic games I got were only with Charter04's or maybe Mizzou's sliders.

Layer guys,

tariq071 03-15-2014 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoshC1977 (Post 2046037633)
Tariq,

Well, in games that i have played with my current sliders (not the ones from the post above) , i am getting that average , plus YPA for QB's between 6 and 7 yards , which is spot on for average NFL QB in real life this season:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/pl...PerPassAttempt

Same goes for completion % Alex Smith had 67% and T. Pryor had 52 % (which i think would be reasonable for him , although it' low)

Same goes for INT's they are between 0 to 3 per game.

So i am down to resolving curls issue only, other then that it plays fairly decent. My next game is against Seattle so will see how CPU Sherman does..I'll try to increase OPI/DPI as Kpkpkp suggested to see if that does anything, but other then that i am out of ideas when it comes to curls.

@Kpkpkp I have Threshold at 33 , it still gives away long outside runs but only on some plays. I had it on 36 but TE's with SP/ACC around 75 were easily outrunning faster CB's with that. I'll play around it on 34/35/40 and see what happens

JoshC1977 03-15-2014 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tariq071 (Post 2046037772)
Well, in games that i have played with my current sliders (not the ones from the post above) , i am getting that average , plus YPA for QB's between 6 and 7 yards , which is spot on for average NFL QB in real life this season:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/pl...PerPassAttempt

Same goes for completion % Alex Smith had 67% and T. Pryor had 52 % (which i think would be reasonable for him , although it' low)

Sounds like you are getting some good numbers. I'd be interested in seeing your entire slider setting set (I know you're using dooooog's as a base, but it is a bit confusing to decipher your settings from the posts).

In the meantime, I am going to explore a different approach (super-high threshold) to see how that works overall....