Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   UNION (/forums/showthread.php?t=718356)

Tcoy1 03-26-2014 10:02 PM

UNION

Does the Northwestern school joins Union- help or hurt chances of another college football video game?

grabursock55 03-26-2014 10:15 PM

Re: UNION

probably helps the chances of getting a new game. Since payed athletes seem to be the key to licensing.

Of course, I am pretty uneducated about this sort of thing, so dont take my word for it.

IlluminatusUIUC 03-26-2014 10:21 PM

A large scale player's union could indeed lead to a college football game with named rosters.

Or it could kill the existing structure of college football entirely.

BBallcoach 03-26-2014 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tcoy1 (Post 2046070604)
Does the Northwestern school joins Union- help or hurt chances of another college football video game?

I would still say no. They said they aren't looking to get paid with this union, it's more to get medical benefits and some sort of insurance that they can continue their education if they suffer a career ending injury and have the school pay for needed surgeries and rehab, which currently school does not have to do so.

fballturkey 03-26-2014 10:51 PM

How the NCAA and colleges react to this is such a huge variable it is impossible to say, and even that depends on the appeal not winning, which is potentially years away from getting sorted out.

barsoffury 03-27-2014 08:40 AM

I'm not sure it hurts the chances seeing as the "old way" eliminated NCAA video games... It's still the very very early stages of years of litigation but Northwestern got the ball rolling. It's only a matter of time until "student athletes" become "student employees"

pujishilus 03-27-2014 09:53 AM

good,A large scale player's union could indeed lead to a college football game with named rosters.

BadAssHskr 03-27-2014 09:57 AM

ought to just assume that in the near future it will be happening, strip down ncaa '14, port it over to the new systems and let us beta test it for a year.