Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=502)
-   -   Rate individual players (/forums/showthread.php?t=720348)

KingTocco 04-02-2014 04:40 PM

Rate individual players

I'm looking to get opinions on particular players in this game and who people like and dislike. I want to build a team that consists of maybe at most 4 gold players (current or historic) and the rest silver and bronze.

I like to play a controlled game kind of like what you'd see in the NBA Playoffs. I use the pick and roll, post game a lot, and ball movement all while taking my time in the offensive setting. I do drive to the paint sometimes but prefer other options first.

Currently my favorite player that I use is 86-87 James Worthy and I play him at the 4. I've had amazing success using him and have equipped post proficiency and finisher on him. He is undersized to play the 4 but he is fast and gets rebounds, on the offensive end he is a beast and can score from most places on the court. I've found he sometimes makes a 3 even though his rating isn't particularly high.

I'm really interested in trying for Tim Duncan and want to know if anyone has thoughts on him?

from time 04-02-2014 05:10 PM

Re: Rate individual players

Shaq (magic)
Kevin durant
Lebron
Jordan

Fener1907 04-02-2014 05:15 PM

Sam Jones. Best shooter in the game, i swear. I drop +20 every game with him.

rafazaho 04-03-2014 09:56 AM

The young Tim Duncan (97-98) has always been the holder of my team as Power Forwad. Perfect in rebounds, blocks and post moves. Complement and sometimes even replace the work of Center.

Have tried playing with Shawn Kemp, Karl Malone, George McGinnis, and in this position, for me is the best PF in the video game and arguably in fact, one of the best in NBA history, along with Dennis Rodman, at least if getting number of titles and played finals. And believe me, I'm not a fan of the Spurs.

KingTocco 04-03-2014 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rafazaho (Post 2046095158)
The young Tim Duncan (97-98) has always been the holder of my team as Power Forwad. Perfect in rebounds, blocks and post moves. Complement and sometimes even replace the work of Center.

Have tried playing with Shawn Kemp, Karl Malone, George McGinnis, and in this position, for me is the best PF in the video game and arguably in fact, one of the best in NBA history, along with Dennis Rodman, at least if getting number of titles and played finals. And believe me, I'm not a fan of the Spurs.

Thanks for your input, was really hoping I could get some feedback on him. I think Duncan is top 2-3 if not the best PF of All-Time and the dude is just a class act/winner. I'm obviously not a Spurs fan either but with my Lakers out of it I'm really pulling for the Spurs one last time. The style of ball that team plays is so fundamental and fun to watch.

Anyway, I think I'm gonna try and go for him. He's not the reward in that pack is he? It's The Admiral right? I also notice that he isn't on too many people's teams which I love...gonna start saving up MT points.

What's your lineup look like?

blacknoize84 04-03-2014 01:55 PM

I used to start Duncan on my team until I got Larry Johnson...who in my opinion is a beast in this game. He's a bit small but throw on tenacious rebounder on him and it's a wrap. He has a great Mid Game and can play with his back to the basket. Now I'm not saying Duncan is a scrub, far from it, but for me he's pretty limited to around the basket. LJ can hit the 3 at a decent clip if you get his timing down. I also use Lebron at the PF but he can be a bit cheese to be honest so I only do that if I'm playing with a buddy or doing the One player tournaments.

KingTocco 04-03-2014 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blacknoize84 (Post 2046095841)
I used to start Duncan on my team until I got Larry Johnson...who in my opinion is a beast in this game. He's a bit small but throw on tenacious rebounder on him and it's a wrap. He has a great Mid Game and can play with his back to the basket. Now I'm not saying Duncan is a scrub, far from it, but for me he's pretty limited to around the basket. LJ can hit the 3 at a decent clip if you get his timing down. I also use Lebron at the PF but he can be a bit cheese to be honest so I only do that if I'm playing with a buddy or doing the One player tournaments.

Thanks for the input, I actually have LJ but haven't really used him much. I will try him out later today or this weekend, from the limited time I've used him in the past he was an absolute beast. Like that you don't use LeBron all the time too

blacknoize84 04-03-2014 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kobebryant824 (Post 2046095975)
Thanks for the input, I actually have LJ but haven't really used him much. I will try him out later today or this weekend, from the limited time I've used him in the past he was an absolute beast. Like that you don't use LeBron all the time too

No problem, I've become obsessed with this mode lately and started collecting cards and playing with my lineup(s) as soon as I can figure out how to put together an online viewable spreadsheet I was going to post it here for everyone with all the player stats and exploits you can use...