Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB The Show (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=515)
-   -   Gamestop gift card for MLB 14 The Show (/forums/showthread.php?t=722139)

cubby blue 04-08-2014 06:14 PM

Gamestop gift card for MLB 14 The Show

I received a 20$ gift card for gamestop from My Coke Rewards. I decided to purchase MLB 14 The Show from gamestop. So, I put my card number and pin number in for my gift card. After I've done that, It says 20$ off has been added. Your total is $47.94. So, i put my credit card number in to pay the rest.
My order summary says $67.94. I don't understand why they didn't show the $20 deduction. Has anybody else used a gift card, and do they deduct it after they charge your credit card?

It does not say anything about signing up for anything. They just say put the card number and pin number in and they will deduct the amount.

Mods if this is inappropriate for disccusion please close.

Heroesandvillains 04-08-2014 06:26 PM

Re: Gamestop gift card for MLB 14 The Show

That doesn't sound right, man.

I think you should try calling corporate.

Chetballard 04-08-2014 06:33 PM

I know if you preorder to pick it up in store, you cannot use coupons. Its in the fine print before you check out. If thats not the case, then contact Gamestop like Heroes said.

cubby blue 04-08-2014 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heroesandvillains (Post 2046112743)
That doesn't sound right, man.

I think you should try calling corporate.

I called customer service. They said you have to sign up for power up rewards. At least that what I thought he said, very hard to understand. I know it's free to sign up but if it's considered a gift card. Why do you have to sign up?

I already cancelled my order. I have never used gamestop before online. I guess I will use it for a future purchase.

XxJustAguessxX 04-08-2014 06:57 PM

Well I received my coupon from GameStop for the trade up to the ps4 version.

cubby blue 04-09-2014 07:51 PM

I sent Gamestop an email the other day. He said because I put in my gift card first that it will not deduct the $20. The gift card is not a coupon. That is really messed up. He didn't explain how to use it properly. How do you pay with credit card and then use your gift card. So, I sent them another email to give me some instructions on how to use. I hate to bash a company, but there customer service is lousy. I call one time he says one thing and then I send an email he says something else. I haven't bought a game from them in 10 years or more. The only reason why I'm using them this time is because of the gift card.

That's my rant carry on....

cubby blue 04-11-2014 03:21 PM

I got an email back from gamestop. He says it is like a payment instead of a coupon. So I guess it was working. I just wish they would break it down in the order summary. Very confusing..