Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MMA Forum (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=184)
-   -   UFC 175 - Weidman v. Machida/Rousey v. Davis - July 5 - Vegas (/forums/showthread.php?t=723617)

aholbert32 04-11-2014 11:20 PM

UFC 175 - Weidman v. Machida/Rousey v. Davis - July 5 - Vegas

Two titles on the line during International Fight Week.

redsrule 04-12-2014 11:15 AM

Re: UFC 175 - Weidman v. Machida/Rousey v. Davis - July 5 - Vegas

Card is stacked right now, we'll see if it remains that way. I'm sort of surprised Dana didn't put Ronda on 174 or 173. Cards are not stacked and she'd help.

ex carrabba fan 04-12-2014 11:26 AM

tbh I wouldn't say it's stacked.

The main event is cool but Rousey/Davis does very little to excite. Cormier/Hendo is also not such an anticipated bout, Hendo looks terrible tbh. Sonnen/Wandy while anticipated isn't going to do much for me in terms of moving up the LHW ladder. Hall, while intriguing is also still highly questionable in my view.

I would say this is like a card you'd see from years ago, a type of card they should aim for more often.

aholbert32 04-12-2014 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ex carrabba fan (Post 2046124038)
tbh I wouldn't say it's stacked.

The main event is cool but Rousey/Davis does very little to excite. Cormier/Hendo is also not such an anticipated bout, Hendo looks terrible tbh. Sonnen/Wandy while anticipated isn't going to do much for me in terms of moving up the LHW ladder. Hall, while intriguing is also still highly questionable in my view.

I would say this is like a card you'd see from years ago, a type of card they should aim for more often.

Really? Two title matches. Perhaps the most popular fighter in MMA right now. A grudge match blowoff in Sonnen and Wandy. This is a buy for me. 173 and 174 arent but this one is for me.

p_rushing 04-12-2014 03:03 PM

Rousey wins easily. This matchup does nothing other than get her a fight. This just shows how weak the division really is. I hope some women step up soon, but the UFC seems to be keeping the 2 best women with a shot at beating her out of the UFC.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

aholbert32 04-12-2014 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by p_rushing (Post 2046124493)
Rousey wins easily. This matchup does nothing other than get her a fight. This just shows how weak the division really is. I hope some women step up soon, but the UFC seems to be keeping the 2 best women with a shot at beating her out of the UFC.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Who? Holm? Why do people think she would even have a slim chance beating Rousey. She's been fed stand up fighters in the minor leagues and there is nothing she has shown that would make me think she could keep off the ground and keep away from Rousey's armbar.

Cyborg has to make 135 before we start talking about that fight. Dana isnt doing a superfight for Cyborg and she has to prove she can make the weight. Once she does that then they will have no excuse but to make that fight as long as Cyborg doesnt price herself out of it.

One other issue is Zingano has had a bad run (Knee injury and husbands death). She is a real contender but still isnt ready to fight.

p_rushing 04-12-2014 08:13 PM

I'm not saying they will beat Rousey, but they are the 2 best possible match ups out there. Zingano is also capable, but right now she isn't an option.

Cyborg should be fighting at 135, but for some reason she hasn't fought in MMA for almost 1 year. I guess she doesn't have anywhere really to fight and has been doing other things. Hopefully she tries to drop down to 135 outside of MMA.

Holm should be in the UFC now. I'm not saying give her Rousey right away, but she should be in the UFC as she is the best striker in women's MMA. Rousey has to get to the clinch first and has shown she will take shots to do that. Holm is good at keeping distance, so it would be interesting to see what would happen. Obviously Holm is done if it gets to the ground. Give her someone who is a wrestler and likes to rush you and she if she can handle it.

zuojiachezi 04-13-2014 05:31 AM

yes,I would say this is like a card you'd see from years ago, a type of card they should aim for more often.thank you