Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Mobile (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=516)
-   -   Issues for Cat Daddy to adress (/forums/showthread.php?t=725167)

Kesley 04-16-2014 02:48 AM

Issues for Cat Daddy to adress

This thread serves the purpose of expressing the desires, complaints and demands of customers, users and players of MyTeam Mobile.

Respectfully we hope that Cat Daddy reads this and gives us a response. This is a two way communication channel and we intend to make it polite, fair and just. While we appreciate the attention mr. Danan Davis has given us throughout this forum - and we thank you for that, NWGD - this is what we wish and ask:

Fix season matchmaking
It doesn't work, it's not fixed.
Everyday there's a lot of people that can prove there's a huge gap between the stats of dozens of players in the same season.
To meet a single Truck in the same season is unfair, not to mention 4 or 5.

Fix rivals clash leaderboards
It has a delay that is just unacceptable. A 5 minutes delay can be understandable; 50 minutes is not.
Suggestion: put the leaderboard on a site, so everyone can acess in real time.

Fix some players' stats
We're all basketball fans and we know real life NBA facts.

Dirk Nowitzki special rivals' card doesn't represent that: the athlete is an mvp champion well known for his daily consistency high numbers and his mental toughness in clutch situations while keeping his calm and cool. We do not agree with his stats. His defense should be a little better and his mental game should be extremely higher. Basically the same goes for Carmelo Anthony and Kevin Durant.

Chris Mullin numbers are way below what his career represents.

These players deserve an improvement on their offense numbers: Kobe Bryant (rivals card), David Robinson, Allen Iverson, Wilt Chamberlain, Karl Malone, Clyde Drexler.

Also it's past time that John Stockton have a legendary card - and a decent one. Shaq is not supposed to have higher BC than OFF. Pau Gasol's mental game should NOT be his lowest stat.

We want to know the rivals reward cards fully trained
As Twista said, there is no reason to keep us all guessing. The final stats matter to us, not just the initial ones.

We want to know what will happen to our cards and our collection if an eventually new version of the game (a MyNBA2k15) comes out
We don't know about a new version of the app, we don't know if CD's gonna continue with this, but if that's the case... will we be able to keep our cards and/or our collection? Or there will be some fair type of compensation for us to start all over again?
Many of us has put a great amount of money, time and effort to collect these virtual cards. Plain and simple: to just dismiss all that would be plain wrong. It's an investment we've made and we do not choose to let it fade away.

We want to know the card drop rates
Is there a reason why we can't be told the exact numbers of the drop rates?
It was said that they're fixed numbers, but what's the matter in telling us what is it?

We sincerely wish that this thread doesn't get ignored and we appreciate a regular and updated response to it.

ItsJustaGame 04-16-2014 03:24 AM

Re: Issues for Cat Daddy to adress

I hate to say it but the only logical answer I can think of for the second to last question is why would they care, makes no difference to them. One way or another they're just going to keep raking in dollars an charging through the roof on they're little card game app. I will say that I'm on the players side, obviously being one, but if it were me I'd say get your credit cards ready

Irving2 04-16-2014 09:34 AM

dont agree with wanting to know the final stats of a trained card, for me half the fun is getting a new card and wanting to train it to see the end results, i see what your asking for as somewhat of a 'spoiler'

everything else id like to know the answers too tho....

ItsJustaGame 04-16-2014 03:23 PM

The issue I'd like to address is the over-saturation of epic and legendary cards. I mean seriously, all I ever get are legends and epics. Why can't I ever just get like a JJ Barea or Jamal Tinsley?

This game is simply not fair. I'm trying to complete my catalog and the only things I get are epics and legends. So my suggesting is PLEASE MAKE THE COMMON CARDS MORE COMMON! Especially the common support cards, I never get those. If CD can't start giving me some more common or uncommon cards then they're going to have a boycott on their hands, because this is just getting to be too much.

Come on everyone, who's with me?

WE WANT MORE COMMON CARDS NOW!

NWGameDad 04-16-2014 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kesley (Post 2046135097)
This thread serves the purpose of expressing the desires, complaints and demands of customers, users and players of MyTeam Mobile.

Respectfully we hope that Cat Daddy reads this and gives us a response. This is a two way communication channel and we intend to make it polite, fair and just. While we appreciate the attention mr. Danan Davis has given us throughout this forum - and we thank you for that, NWGD - this is what we wish and ask:

Keep it polite. No one appreciates responding to "demands", me included. I'm happy to answer questions and have a civil conversation. Open letters, demands, rants, etc. will just be ignored by me. With that said the rest of your post is pretty much questions so lets get to it...

Fix season matchmaking
It doesn't work, it's not fixed.
Everyday there's a lot of people that can prove there's a huge gap between the stats of dozens of players in the same season.
To meet a single Truck in the same season is unfair, not to mention 4 or 5.

As I have said before, we are working on improving Season matchmaking and rewards. Even with those improvements inherently a Season contains 30 players and not everyone can win. As with a real NBA Season sometimes teams are just outmatched. In our game, you take the best rewards you can earn and jump in again ~5 days later. If you're expecting to win every season you get into then you will be sorely disappointed. You say the current system isn't working or is unfair, but unfair to whom? Someone has to win, which means someone has to lose. With that said , we do think the disparity between player decks in a Season are too large which is why we're working on improving the matching. We also want the rewards to be more enticing to non-Championship players given that there will be only 1 winner. We have some other ideas on how to make Seasons much better in the future, but those are for much later. For now, expect the matching improvements and reward changes in the next update.

Fix rivals clash leaderboards
It has a delay that is just unacceptable. A 5 minutes delay can be understandable; 50 minutes is not.
Suggestion: put the leaderboard on a site, so everyone can acess in real time.
We continually have been working to make the leaderboards more responsive. In the last RC event we had our highest number of players ever and that stressed the code again. The board for most of the week was "normal", meaning up to date within a few minutes. We have made changes for the next event to improve it again, but we'll continue to monitor and work to keep it running smooth for the next event.

Putting it on a website would be irrelevant to "real time access". The speed of the leaderboard is limited by the server's ability to write the data and spit back out in a timely matter without losing any data. The latter part is by far the thing we are mostly concerned about vs. reporting it back immediately.

Fix some players' stats
We're all basketball fans and we know real life NBA facts.

Dirk Nowitzki special rivals' card doesn't represent that: the athlete is an mvp champion well known for his daily consistency high numbers and his mental toughness in clutch situations while keeping his calm and cool. We do not agree with his stats. His defense should be a little better and his mental game should be extremely higher. Basically the same goes for Carmelo Anthony and Kevin Durant.

Chris Mullin numbers are way below what his career represents.

These players deserve an improvement on their offense numbers: Kobe Bryant (rivals card), David Robinson, Allen Iverson, Wilt Chamberlain, Karl Malone, Clyde Drexler.

Also it's past time that John Stockton have a legendary card - and a decent one. Shaq is not supposed to have higher BC than OFF. Pau Gasol's mental game should NOT be his lowest stat.

For all the players you mentioned that you want card stats adjustments for, as I have said before we base our stats on the console game numbers. We then boil their stats down to our 4 simple stats. Not an easy formula given that there are over a hundred stats to start with. We then adjust for positions, balance, etc. We make card stats adjustments sometimes, but right now we are happy with where things are at. When you're comparing stats it's not an apples to apples comparison across the categories (Offense vs. Ball Control). You'll notice generally Offense and Defense are lower than Ball Control and Mental Game. It's just because of how we balanced the game. There are literally dozens of factors we have to consider when messing with the stats that makes the balancing act difficult. Sometimes we get it "right" in your view, sometimes we don't. Really does it play well is what we care about most.

We want to know the rivals reward cards fully trained
As Twista said, there is no reason to keep us all guessing. The final stats matter to us, not just the initial ones.

As someone else pointed out, the mystery is part of the fun. We display all our cards as level 0, no reason we would change that for the RC cards.

We want to know what will happen to our cards and our collection if an eventually new version of the game (a MyNBA2k15) comes out
We don't know about a new version of the app, we don't know if CD's gonna continue with this, but if that's the case... will we be able to keep our cards and/or our collection? Or there will be some fair type of compensation for us to start all over again?
Many of us has put a great amount of money, time and effort to collect these virtual cards. Plain and simple: to just dismiss all that would be plain wrong. It's an investment we've made and we do not choose to let it fade away.

We are currently focused on MYNBA2K14 and have nothing to report about future plans.

We want to know the card drop rates
Is there a reason why we can't be told the exact numbers of the drop rates?
It was said that they're fixed numbers, but what's the matter in telling us what is it?

As I stated months ago, we do not disclose our drop rates of cards.

We sincerely wish that this thread doesn't get ignored and we appreciate a regular and updated response to it.

My responses are all in BOLD above.

ItsJustaGame 04-16-2014 10:16 PM

There's not gonna be an answer for what happens with 2K15 until it's out and we all have to start over..

As for not disclosing the drop rates, I just don't get it. Is it that bad that we can't know what it is? I mean, we're all told the chances of winning the lottery right, could it be worse than that? I just don't see the problem with knowing. It would at least give me some piece of mind after hitting 10,000 games with only 5 epic cards to show for it

PrimeTime2K 04-16-2014 10:34 PM

NWGameDad doesn't seem like the type that is really willing to compromise on anything even when the users are clearly unhappy/requesting something. There wasn't even one small win for our community out of many reasonable requests.

I thought he would be a little more humbled by this game's success and willing to listen a little more to the users that helped make it a success.

Sagg 04-16-2014 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NWGameDad (Post 2046137451)
My responses are all in BOLD above.

Doing research about the players is a must, and I really hope u guys did but I can't see that in the stats. Can't you guys just listen to us actual NBA fans for once and edit their stats? Please? Some of the player stats you guys did right, but it's the minority of the cards we are asking for you to change, it's not really all that hard and it will make all of your customers happy. I know just following the console ratings then using a computer to squeeze the stats automatically is easy and fast, but can you PLEASE manually do something about the stats of legendaries and Rival cards? Those are the stats of players we complain about the most and we really hope you'd change it. Please NW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk