Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   ESPN NFL 2K5 Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=148)
-   -   Why is it soo hard to run the ball on all-pro mode (/forums/showthread.php?t=72785)

rippy987 03-10-2004 03:53 PM

Why is it soo hard to run the ball on all-pro mode

Can someone please give me some help running the football. On all pro, whenever i choose to run the ball, 9 times out of 10 , ill get stuffed before i reach the line of scrimmage.Is there something im doing wrong?Im not sure, any help would be appreciated. cheers

Jon22 03-10-2004 03:59 PM

Re: Why is it soo hard to run the ball on all-pro mode

I don't have problems I usally have 110 yard game to 125 to say. I like throwing the ball more I get about 300 yards with 5 min quaters. I get picked a lot (I don't throw post)

Don't play it like madden. follow your full back on out side runs, inside runs if your oline doesn't double team a guy you useally break for day light but just be patient and look at the whole field not just your running back

**DONOTDELETE** 03-10-2004 04:10 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr />
rippy987 said:
Can someone please give me some help running the football. On all pro, whenever i choose to run the ball, 9 times out of 10 , ill get stuffed before i reach the line of scrimmage.Is there something im doing wrong?Im not sure, any help would be appreciated. cheers

<hr /></blockquote><font class="post">

Yeah, I'd need more details in order to help you. Who are you running the ball with? It helps to use the moves that correspond to your running backs' strengths. For instance, for a big, bruising back, use the shoulder charge or stiff arm, but for a finesse guy, use the jukes and spins.

Also, just more basic stuff, run the play the way it was designed. If it's up the gut, the run it up the GUT! That's where the blocking will be, 'cause if you improvise too much, especially behind the line, you'll be caught. As soon as you get the ball, start heading NORTH not running east and west. Hit the hole and GO!

Oh yeah. It also depends on who your playing against. You can't run very well on everybody. Also, try mixing up play-calling. Catch the computer "off-guard."

Radja 03-10-2004 04:34 PM

follow your blocks, get better talent on your o-line because that really matters, scout the other team and see if their d-line can be run upon or if the LB's are fast and use all your running plays.

the cpu can seriously get caught off gaurd. if you are running up the gut a lot, call a counter or sweep.

use the game plan to have your team practice duriing the week. it will improve your teams ability over a few weeks.

there is a lot to this and it takes work, practice and patience, but not in a bad way. this game is the best when it comes to trying to field a team and knowing its strengths and weaknesses. there will be times you can run for 200 yards and then get shut out by baltimore the next week.

baltimore is the hardest team for me to run on. i use san diego with LT and only once have i broke 100 yards on them. mostly, i end up under 50. LT usually ends up with 1500 for the season.

i hate baltimore in video game football land!!!!!!!

Radja 03-10-2004 04:37 PM

also, dont hit the speed button thru the line all the time and out run your blockers. let them hit their guy and then make your move.

CharlieBrown 03-10-2004 10:34 PM

I run for 100+ with Fred Taylor in games against teams with weak D-Lines and I can't run over 50 with team's that have strong D-Lines.

panther87 03-11-2004 02:57 PM

I dont find it that difficult when you adjust the sliders

Jon22 03-11-2004 03:25 PM

Here are my season stats on all-pro to look what you should be getting when you get the hang off it
NO slider

TYO-5678
Pass-3234 Ave 8.6
Rush-2444 Ave 6.1
TYD-3571 DPA-2580 DPR-991

Total points scored 674 allowed 233

Good God just wait until you see my sacks and ints(I can't believe its that High)
I had 50 sacks no lie I had to added it up and 26 ints one season baby.
Leading sacker has 11.5, 10,9,4.5, 4.5, 3.5, 2, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1