Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Other Football Games (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
-   -   NFL 2k COMEBACK? License not exclusive? (/forums/showthread.php?t=730071)

smiley3 04-28-2014 04:22 PM

NFL 2k COMEBACK? License not exclusive?

http://youtu.be/2xHsRks-1rY
WHAT DO YOU ALL THINK?

CM Hooe 04-28-2014 05:29 PM

Re: NFL 2k COMEBACK? License not exclusive?

In my opinion, there's no reason to entertain any NFL 2K comeback speculation until we see something from 2K and Visual Concepts themselves, either directly or indirectly via a reputable media outlet (Polygon, Kotaku, Game Informer, one of the OS News Staff, etc.).

Until then, any speculation is just blind hope and people exploiting that blind hope for a few more YouTube channel subscribers.

FaceMask 04-29-2014 09:00 AM

That YouTube guy spreads A LOT of misinformation on a variety of topics, the EA/NFL deal situation being his most glaring.

RateSports 04-29-2014 03:35 PM

Its sad but more than likely completely untrue.

Wish he was right, but he's probably not. I don't think you can keep the NFL license a secret for that long.

Caesar3k5 04-30-2014 04:08 AM

I'm optimistic that there will be another 2k football coming soon.. On the other hand, I wish they brought back the APF2k series with franchise mode..

TjJunior 05-09-2014 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caesar3k5 (Post 2046177811)
I'm optimistic that there will be another 2k football coming soon.. On the other hand, I wish they brought back the APF2k series with franchise mode..

I know, everytime I play APF I wonder why they didn't just do something resembling a franchise, even if half baked. Imagine you pick your 11 guys have a squad of generics that would take on the mental skills of the legends at their position as they retired. Build a foundation for your franchise just as they did in reality. Just my idea of something they should have tried.

tmbunoknowns 05-10-2014 08:57 AM

good,Wish he was right, but he's probably not. I don't think you can keep the NFL license a secret for that long.

Blzer 05-17-2014 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RateSports (Post 2046175719)
Its sad but more than likely completely untrue.

Wish he was right, but he's probably not. I don't think you can keep the NFL license a secret for that long.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tmbunoknowns (Post 2046215993)
good,Wish he was right, but he's probably not. I don't think you can keep the NFL license a secret for that long.

:y11:

Don't even get me started on what 2K football could offer in the next-gen department. And to be honest, I really just want more of the same. You know, charging by holding onto the button that you sprint with by tapping, same kind of camera movement and playbook format, Dan Stevens and Peter O'Keefe, The Crib, etc. It would obviously benefit from better visuals though, and I would seriously love for them to adopt the Euphoria engine and use it properly.

Until then, my hopes are pretty dashed. If it were to happen properly though, you know I'd be buying a PS4 immediately. One thing is you'd hope some of those developers from their hockey, baseball, and college basketball games are still around and they are a part of some other development team for football. That's probably not how things work though, sadly.