Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football Sliders (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=495)
-   -   Too many sacks? Try pass Blk 62 (/forums/showthread.php?t=730138)

OhMrHanky 04-28-2014 10:18 PM

Too many sacks? Try pass Blk 62

I have recently tried out some zero sliders to see what they look like. Madden 13 played great with a mostly zero slider set. As I was tweaking things, I found I was getting more sacks against the CPU again where the CPU just holds onto the ball all day. I changed only CPU pass Blk back to where I had it, 62. I've played 4-5 games with this and have had a few 2 sack games and even a 1 sack game. So, I really get the feeling that this is an important factor in the sack issue. I'm not guaranteeing this will work for everyone's sliders, but I found it interesting that I made radical changes to my sliders including QB ACC, hum pass cov, hum int, as well as others. The one thing I kept the same was pass Blk 62. This seems to give the QB the proper pocket presence. On some throws, I'm even seeing the QB step in the pocket so that it stays for him until the last second and he gets rid of the ball instead of taking the sack. So, thought I'd share that as I feel this may actually work for multiple slider sets. I hope a few of the major slider sets try this out and let me know if it helps. Really curious if this is THE slider that affects sacks most. I also have intentional grounding at 43 which I think may also affect this. But, I believe pass Blk is most important.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

forme95 04-29-2014 01:29 PM

Re: Too many sacks? Try pass Blk 62

There has to be something else with that OhMrHanky. Ive been using your PsBlk @ 62, and all the games have had at least 6-10 sacks. Could it be combined with IG or lowering Offsides maybe?

kpkpkp 04-29-2014 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by forme95 (Post 2046175252)
There has to be something else with that OhMrHanky. Ive been using your PsBlk @ 62, and all the games have had at least 6-10 sacks. Could it be combined with IG or lowering Offsides maybe?

I have CPU pass block at 65.

I have User Tackle at 25. (affects block shedding in addition to tackling)

I have Int Grounding at 25.

Offside 54
False start 56
Holding 56

For me that has been working well. I still get 2-3 on average, but the team I use has a 99 LE, a 92 DT, and a 94 MLB.... So I should get lots of sacks. I'm #2 in the league.

On default All Pro I would get 5-8 a game, every single game. Even with mediocre rushing teams.

Try something like what I listed.

OhMrHanky 04-29-2014 01:49 PM

I really felt like this was the important piece of the puzzle, because recently I had made several changes elsewhere and specifically when changing this, the QB instantly looked an idiot. Back to 62, and he was making decisions within 2-4 secs which is ultimately what I want to see and 'should' avoid sacks. I currently have offside 63, false start 57, and holding 61. Maybe that's affecting things as well. I really like the line play I'm seeing with those penalty settings.

kpkpkp 04-29-2014 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OhMrHanky (Post 2046175303)
I really felt like this was the important piece of the puzzle, because recently I had made several changes elsewhere and specifically when changing this, the QB instantly looked an idiot. Back to 62, and he was making decisions within 2-4 secs which is ultimately what I want to see and 'should' avoid sacks. I currently have offside 63, false start 57, and holding 61. Maybe that's affecting things as well. I really like the line play I'm seeing with those penalty settings.

What's your IG and Human Tackle at?

durkken 04-29-2014 02:06 PM

I'm currently testing passblk at 62 in the playoffs with thedooogs sliders. Too many sacks has been one of only two issues I've had with his otherwise they are perfect. Played one game and got 4 sacks, defense is rated 84. I was second in my first season with 59sacks which is insane for the defense that I have.

OhMrHanky 04-29-2014 02:41 PM

IG 43, hum tackle either 24 or 0. 24 was with my 'normal' set. 0 with the attempt at 0 sliders which I like but may not be challenging enough so far. Hum pass cov 57 or 0. Int 0-15.

OhMrHanky 04-29-2014 02:42 PM

CPU QB ACC 23, 25, or 27. All were tried with other modifications to sliders.