Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NCAA Football Ultimate Team (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=464)
-   -   Value of MVP defensive players (/forums/showthread.php?t=730863)

illinihitch 05-01-2014 11:08 AM

Value of MVP defensive players

What do u guys think is the relative values of the defensive MVP players. I have McCoy and almost have Poslunsky. If I could pick any to have, I'd probably pick Ray Lewis and Roy Williams.

I played a team that's only MVP was SS Roy, and he made two diving interceptions that were completely unbelievable.

jaybird13 05-01-2014 11:22 AM

Re: Value of MVP defensive players

Unfortunately most of these MVPs don't sell for nearly what they should given the coin, time and effort it takes to complete them.

Poslunsky & Williams would sell 200-300k.

McCoy & Lewis would sell 300-400k.

And even at those prices they'd sit for awhile.

Kennedyisdead 05-01-2014 12:53 PM

I think Ed Reed is the best of the group, hes the one who made the most plays for me. I need to pick him back up.

marks0124 05-01-2014 01:13 PM

McCoy and both safeties are my vote. All three MVP LBs are slow when compared to their DL counterparts. Neither CB is better than Woodson. The safeties are both amazing cards. Unreal speed, high tackle and hit power. Only thing they don't offer is high press ratings.

Besides, every defensive set uses safeties and they ability to stop the run and cover is critical.

UMkris 05-01-2014 01:34 PM

McCoy is great at running down screens but when paired against an MVP Oline he disappears. Ray Lewis gets my vote as best MVP on D then SS Williams is second only because that position is sooo important and he seems to make plays for me every game. Pollock is a great pass rusher and Ed Reed is just a ball hawk that can't really catch that good.

Rupurt266 05-01-2014 02:25 PM

I find it really hard to choose between them to be honest... I love Roy and Lewis because they give me something I never had before which is the ability to play an actual SS and MLB in quarters. Great coverage skills when compared to their counterparts and much faster. I love McCoy because he is so damn fast for a DT. I can use him in ways I couldn't use LL Luke at MLB before. The 2 ends are ridiculous... I've always sung Pollack's praise because I've always noticed him more but here recently, Mario has been beastly too. There were other 99 ends that made plays but those guys get mad pressure when only rushing 2 or 3 players. On the flip-side... to me Reed isn't that much improved from LL Berry and the MVP cbs are better tackling versions of CV Woody and LL Deion, so while I enjoy having them, I don't notice a huge difference. I can say though that Reed seems to have more success going up against MVP Moss on a jump ball than Berry does though. I run MVP Bull as my sole olb cause he is marginally faster than the polac... To be honest, I actually preferred TC Brooks as I think he is the best OLB in the game but he doesn't have the boost the MVPs have.

illinihitch 05-01-2014 03:35 PM

So u guys are running MVP McCoy at MLB?

My defense:

RE 99 Peppers
LE 98 Mercilus (my Illini guy isn't getting benched)
DT 99 McCoy, 97 HW Suh, 96 Sapp, 95 Star, 95 Starks
ROLB 99 Brooks
MLB 97 Kuechly
LOLB 98 Jarvis (makes tons of plays for me against run and pass, several interceptions)
CB 99 CV Woodson, 97 Deion, 97 Heyward, 97 HW Matheu, 96 Buckley
FS 96 Berry, 98 Peterson second FS for Quarters
SS 97 TC Ty Law

I'm 6-1 since adding McCoy. I haven't noticed him make a difference in the pass rush at all, but he has definitely slowed down the running attack.

When I get my Polunsky, i'll either try him at MLB or try to trade him for a Roy Williams.

marks0124 05-01-2014 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by illinihitch (Post 2046182472)
So u guys are running MVP McCoy at MLB?

My defense:

RE 99 Peppers
LE 98 Mercilus (my Illini guy isn't getting benched)
DT 99 McCoy, 97 HW Suh, 96 Sapp, 95 Star, 95 Starks
ROLB 99 Brooks
MLB 97 Kuechly
LOLB 98 Jarvis (makes tons of plays for me against run and pass, several interceptions)
CB 99 CV Woodson, 97 Deion, 97 Heyward, 97 HW Matheu, 96 Buckley
FS 96 Berry, 98 Peterson second FS for Quarters
SS 97 TC Ty Law

I'm 6-1 since adding McCoy. I haven't noticed him make a difference in the pass rush at all, but he has definitely slowed down the running attack.

When I get my Polunsky, i'll either try him at MLB or try to trade him for a Roy Williams.

you have built a good team quickly. Well done.

I'd get either of the safeties next if I were you. Both will be big upgrades at important positions.