Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Basketball (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=497)
-   -   2k has people distracted wow! (/forums/showthread.php?t=731899)

thedream2k13 05-04-2014 11:18 AM

2k has people distracted wow!

It seems that all I read on social media is people looking for 2k pokemon cards instead of discussing the issues with the game. " I want emerald blah blah blah and diamond blah blah blah. This casual crowd is being taken to the woodshed by 2k marketing. The social guys LD2k and Ronnie always wanna repost others " trading card" wishes and all they seem to promotes is a players " diamond" card coming soon or DRAYMON GREEN NEEDS ERASER SKILL"

Man times have changed and its not looking good considering the real issues are covered up by BS

stlpimpmonsta 05-04-2014 11:36 AM

Re: 2k has people distracted wow!

Quote:

Originally Posted by thedream2k13 (Post 2046190906)
It seems that all I read on social media is people looking for 2k pokemon cards instead of discussing the issues with the game. " I want emerald blah blah blah and diamond blah blah blah. This casual crowd is being taken to the woodshed by 2k marketing. The social guys LD2k and Ronnie always wanna repost others " trading card" wishes and all they seem to promotes is a players " diamond" card coming soon or DRAYMON GREEN NEEDS ERASER SKILL"

Man times have changed and its not looking good considering the real issues are covered up by BS

I wish i could find my post in which I predicted this when myteam was announced for NBA 2k13.

Sent from my LG-LS696 using Tapatalk 2

cardinalbird5 05-04-2014 12:36 PM

I don't see how people get sucked into myteam. There is absolutely no customization to it and everyone plays the same for the most part. It is just glorified all star pick up games.

I think MUT, FUT, and NUT and DD do a good job and don't try to market the game only towards that (especially Diamond Dynasty).

No leaderboards, stats, tourney's, rankings, profiles, incentives for advancing a seed, no limit on the amount of golds and special cards you can have, no offline depth, no trading, no auction house, no jersey customization, etc.

Like who cares if you get your Diamond Kobe? Yeah have fun playing other people with the exact same lineups, doing the exact, same thing, so you can pad your fake record that you can't even see and have fun building up stats that don't even track lol.

QDB9 05-04-2014 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stlpimpmonsta (Post 2046190930)
I wish i could find my post in which I predicted this when myteam was announced for NBA 2k13.

Sent from my LG-LS696 using Tapatalk 2

Actually, I think I remember seeing that post.

XxJustAguessxX 05-04-2014 06:57 PM

Quote:

Hahaha you see it as well. I was wondering why nobody was talking about the issues with the game then I started to read on twitter timeline about these cards and now that's all every on talks about.

Magnus1959 05-04-2014 07:49 PM

2k pokemon cards :lol:

2ksportsnut 05-04-2014 07:59 PM

2k has been so focused on myteam and the park the last couple years for the VC microtransaction. They've really geared the game and modes mainly towards the casual players since 2k13, just so they can make more money off the game. Its more than likely this nonsense will continue in 2k15, I just can't see them reversing course at this point untill they start lossing customers and sales.

I wish EA Live would finally get their act together and put out a solid basketball game soon so that maybe it would put some pressure again on 2k and force them to refocus back on what made them so great in the past.

Sundown 05-04-2014 08:57 PM

Quote:

Lol. Draymond Green Eraser.

He does need a boost to 3 point and defense. Definitely should keep Scrapper. Maybe get Enforcer, Mind Games, or Fierce Competitor.