Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   ESPN NFL 2K5 Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=148)
-   -   Can You Change a Player's Position (/forums/showthread.php?t=73241)

D_Money 03-12-2004 08:12 AM

Can You Change a Player\'s Position

To permanently move an OLB-to-ILB or FS-to-SS, how is that done?

Editing a player doesn't allow me to change his position?

Thanks in advance!

Dark_Lord_Vader 03-12-2004 02:33 PM

Re: Can You Change a Player\'s Position

About the only thing you can do is substitute one player's position for another temporarily. I do this for my Special Teams return men. I have to do this at the beginning of every game because you cannot save over the real positions of the players. Annoying, I know. Before the kickoff, I hit pause, go to Substitutions, Package, Punt Return, select the return man, select the person I want there, then back up out of the menu to the Pause screen. I do this with the Kick Return Package too, placing my speediest guys as the two return men. I am sure you could swap out an Inside LB to an Outside LB with this method.

D_Money 03-12-2004 10:52 PM

That's what I was afraid of. Like the Bucs for example with Lynch gone. They said Phillips (FS) would start at SS. Well guess what you can't move him there . . .

rudyjuly2 03-14-2004 08:44 AM

The only way to do things is to find a player with the same years experience and similar appearance on the free agent list. I usually try to find somebody who sucks and then edit his name, school and attributes. You can then take the original player and convert him to the player who sucks. It takes time but you can't edit years experience or position so its your only option for the global depth charts.

Radja 03-14-2004 02:39 PM

all you need to do is set up your playbook and go to the substitutions and switch them around. then load your playbook every game and they will play the position you assigned.

however, sometimes with an injury the cpu will switch according to the programming. for instance, if a WR goes down then my punt/kickoff returner changes. then i have to manually go back and do it again in-game. it's no big deal, just annoying occasionally.

plus, at some positions the overall player ratings drop when playing out of position. i have 2 centers rated 83 and 96 and my right tackle is a 73. so i move my 96 center to the right tackle and his ratings drop to 87 or so. my line rocks though, so it is worth the drop. in the off-season i plan on trading my lower center so i can get a better tackle.

D_Money 03-17-2004 09:15 AM

Thanks for the feedback. Your appoaches seem to make the best of the situation. It'll be interesting to see how ESPN handles this next season. There are a number of multi-positional lineman that have moved this off-season. That's why some of the teams have chosen them. Fullbacks run into this too sometimes.

Mrcabone 03-20-2004 10:46 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr />
D_Money said:
Thanks for the feedback. Your appoaches seem to make the best of the situation. It'll be interesting to see how ESPN handles this next season. There are a number of multi-positional lineman that have moved this off-season. That's why some of the teams have chosen them. Fullbacks run into this too sometimes.

<hr /></blockquote><font class="post">his should be corrected next year,I saw a post about in the wishlist thread.