Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB The Show (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=515)
-   -   2014 Trade Arbitration Thread (/forums/showthread.php?t=732451)

HighCmpPct 05-05-2014 07:20 AM

2014 Trade Arbitration Thread

Was thinking we could get some OS'ers together and get another one of these going for this year.

I'm sure most of you know how this goes from previous iterations, but for some they may not here's the premise.

We get one or two users to act as a GM for a team, then when you want to make a trade in your franchise you can come on here and discuss trade with the user on here that is representing the team you want to trade with. This helps keep trades realistic and brings a bit more realism and a lot more fun to making trades in your franchise.

I'll go ahead and make a team list in case people are interested in doing this again.

Arizona Diamondbacks: [UK0wnag3]
Atlanta Braves:
Baltimore Orioles:
Boston Red Sox:[TheBleedingRed21,Zane3490]
Chicago Cubs: [Niles08]
Chicago White Sox:
Cincinnati Reds:
Cleveland Indians:
Colorado Rockies:
Detroit Tigers:
Houston Astros:
Kansas City Royals: [HozAndMoose]
Los Angeles Angels: [Freak123]
Los Angeles Dodgers: [Marino]
Miami Marlins: [Mikeyo918]
Milwaukee Brewers:
Minnesota Twins:
New York Mets:
New York Yankees: [Highcmppct,Juegochamp]
Oakland Athletics:
Philadelphia Phillies:
Pittsburgh Pirates: [loaf31]
San Diego Padres:
San Francisco Giants:
Seattle Mariners:
St. Louis Cardinals:[stlducks]
Tampa Bay Rays:
Texas Rangers: [GuitarJC13]
Toronto Blue Jays:
Washington Nationals:

HighCmpPct 05-05-2014 08:13 AM

Re: 2014 Trade Arbitration Thread

Here's an example of how to communicate in the thread in regards to trades so we can keep everything straight with which representative of that team you are conversing with so you won't be getting conflicting views from different members.

Remember to only answer requests that are directed to YOUR team and haven't been started by the other user also representing your team (if there is another user for your team).

Make sure you include the records, Division standings, ect of both your team and the team you want to trade with in your franchise so that the GM you are talking to knows what is going on in your franchise and can correctly get the feel for how his team would handle your request. ALSO BE SURE TO INCLUDE WHAT ROSTER YOU ARE USING SO THE USER CAN MAKE SURE HE CAN LOOK AT THE SAME PLAYERS YOU ARE.

Might also be a good idea to give that user a heads up via a PM if you haven't seen a reply in this thread after a while, or you could send them hey I made a trade request in the Arbitration Thread be sure to check it out please, when you first make the request. Just an idea.

Example for request:

To: Chicago Cubs GM (User representing Cubs in this case Niles08)

Subject: Travis Wood

Hello Niles08 we here in New York are very interested in acquiring the services of Travis Wood from your organization. Is he someone you would be willing to move? We are currently gearing up for our push towards the playoffs and could really use some left handed pitching help to sure up the back of our rotation. Please review our offer below and get back to us with a decision or counter offer so we can at least get talks going so we can find out if we should further pursue this player or start to focus our efforts elsewhere.

Thanks Highcmppct.

Date: 7/2/14

Yankees record: 46-39 (3rd in AL East 6.5GB)

Cubs record: 32-49(5th in NL Central 15GB)

Roster: OSFM Opening Day Version 1

Offer:

SP Travis Wood(CHC) Stats: 4-3 3.78ERA 75K 29BB 1.34WHIP

for

SP Manny Banuelos: AA Stats 3-4 4.12ERA 55K 21BB 1.24WHIP C Potential
SP Ian Clarkin: A(no stats) C Potential

Theres just a basic example of how you should communicate on trades to keep it on a realistic GM to GM kind of conversation and reduce confusion on who you are talking to.

bamabound2010 05-05-2014 10:10 AM

I'm looking forward to using this.

niles08 05-05-2014 10:13 AM

I could be Cubs :)

SeanNorberg 05-05-2014 10:26 AM

die hard Yankees fan, but Ill pick up an empty team to help out.

juegochamp 05-05-2014 10:28 AM

Sorry posted from wrong sign in. Ill pick up a team that no one else is using.

HighCmpPct 05-05-2014 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juegochamp (Post 2046194523)
Sorry posted from wrong sign in. Ill pick up a team that no one else is using.

Best to stick with a team that you know the best, I would like for there to be two users per team just to make sure that any request could be addressed quickly in case one user doesn't check in for a few days or something you know so you could be the other user on the Yankees.

Unless there's another team that you also know well.

Freak123 05-05-2014 11:20 AM

This is a great idea HighCmpPct, I think it will definitely help keep trades more fair and realistic.

Could I take the Angels please?