Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB The Show Rosters (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=522)
-   -   Rosters out of the box; rookies included? (/forums/showthread.php?t=732705)

skatepro56 05-05-2014 05:24 PM

Rosters out of the box; rookies included?

Will the PS4 version have rookies (Tanaka et all) in the game(since this is a month later and all rookies have played at least one game), or will the default rosters be the same as the PS3 version?

RLebron12 05-05-2014 07:24 PM

Re: Rosters out of the box; rookies included?

From what I've seen it looks like it will be the default roster like the PS3 until you download the patch (which is available right away) to get the rookies such as Tanaka, Brandon Hicks and others. But they will not be scanned in they are just created after

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HighCmpPct 05-06-2014 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RLebron12 (Post 2046196512)
From what I've seen it looks like it will be the default roster like the PS3 until you download the patch (which is available right away) to get the rookies such as Tanaka, Brandon Hicks and others. But they will not be scanned in they are just created after

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bingo.....

brewersfan84 05-06-2014 05:01 AM

I noticed they announce Jonathan Schoop's name, was pleasantly surprised! I wonder if the other created players all have their name spoken, without being edited like Schoops? Anybody know?

Iceman87GT 05-06-2014 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brewersfan84 (Post 2046199577)
I noticed they announce Jonathan Schoop's name, was pleasantly surprised! I wonder if the other created players all have their name spoken, without being edited like Schoops? Anybody know?

You can set how the names will be pronounced, in addition to how they are spelled, when editing a player.

In most cases they have all the names programmed into the game, even if they don't have the minor-leaguers in the game (when a prospect isn't in the game its due to SCEA not having the rights to their likeness, this means SCEA can't put them in the game until they are a part of the MLBPA, this doesn't mean their name is not something they can program into the game for players to use when they create them).

Grits N Gravy 05-06-2014 07:21 PM

If they would just make it to where I could upload a players picture instead of having to look at the CGI face, I would be soooo happy.

Playboy™ 05-06-2014 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grits N Gravy (Post 2046202575)
If they would just make it to where I could upload a players picture instead of having to look at the CGI face, I would be soooo happy.

your right Tanaka looks so bad its embarrassing with a 2 month delay they couldnt get Tanaka in the game.

drsublime 05-07-2014 01:44 AM

the game says his name and gives him an intro though,.. went something like

"and starting for the Yankees we have the most sought after free agent of the off season, japanese sensation Masahiro Tanaka"

so they have script for him (the scea player)

so if you get a cap of him, import it to the scea one, so it keeps the scripts