Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB The Show (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=515)
-   -   Still Not Enough Walks (And Difficulty Talk) (/forums/showthread.php?t=734229)

Stolm 05-08-2014 03:44 PM

Still Not Enough Walks (And Difficulty Talk)

Pitcher Control and the overall Difficulty and how it works needs a massive upgrade next year.

Every year its the same thing, Double A and Triple A Pitchers do nothing but throw strikes, and you never see any control issues at these levels. Because of this and because of the way RTTS difficulty works (Double A actually lowering hitting difficulty 1, Triple A being what you have selected, and the Majors increasing difficulty 1 notch) hitting is way too easy, incredibly boring, and average is super inflated at the lower level.

Selected difficulty shouldn't have to be altered behind the scenes to realistically portray the skill between the minors and majors. This should be done with the actual stats of the players.

Heroesandvillains 05-08-2014 03:48 PM

Re: Still Not Enough Walks (And Difficulty Talk)

Dynamic Difficulty will override the traditional difficulty changes in RTTS.

Mitchrapp 05-08-2014 03:51 PM

I'm getting more walks than I ever had..I use guess pitch. I assumed you are referring to rtts.

Skyboxer 05-08-2014 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mitchrapp (Post 2046209879)
I'm getting more walks than I ever had..I use guess pitch. I assumed you are referring to rtts.

Same here.

Stolm 05-08-2014 03:54 PM

Yes I am referring to RTTS, I'm not noticing any problems in regular play.

Stolm 05-08-2014 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heroesandvillains (Post 2046209866)
Dynamic Difficulty will override the traditional difficulty changes in RTTS.

Hmmm, not really of fan of the game adjusting difficulty on the fly on the account of slumps and hot streaks. But giving it a try wont hurt.

Absolutely bored out of my mind seeing strike after strike while playing my RTTS.

Edit: not sure if this will affect the control of the pitchers in the minors though. I know that the power stat is the main contributing factor in pitchers pitching around, but they seem to have near perfect control of their pitches. And if they are not pitching around they will never miss the zone.

ScouserHUN 05-08-2014 04:06 PM

I do not use guess pitch, here is what I do to draw walks:

I try to take as many pitches as I can. To tell the truth, I stop playing if I have take percentage under 50%. When I get ahead in the count (2-0, 3-1) I go for the hit. When I get behing in the count (0-1, 0-2) I go defensive and swith to contact hitting. What usually happens is that a pitchers throw balls in a hope that I will chase. I have never seen this with default sliders in past games. Now, they just don't throw that many strikes on 0-2 counts. I try to foul off borderline pitches, but on a 0-2, 1-2 count my main target is to go back to 2-2 and 3-2. If I have a better hitter up, I try to hit on 2-2, but with worse hitters I stay contact on 2-2, in hope of a single or to make it 3-2. And on 3-2 you just need to be very selective.

If you candrive up the pich count (a la Red Sox), and you force the pitcher to throw 20+ pitches an inning, you will get a walk or a big hit.

Playing The Show 14 is better than ever. The game has never been soo good

Küldve az én iPad-ről Tapatalk használatával

Stolm 05-08-2014 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScouserHUN (Post 2046209940)
I do not use guess pitch, here is what I do to draw walks:

I try to take as many pitches as I can. To tell the truth, I stop playing if I have take percentage under 50%. When I get ahead in the count (2-0, 3-1) I go for the hit. When I get behing in the count (0-1, 0-2) I go defensive and swith to contact hitting. What usually happens is that a pitchers throw balls in a hope that I will chase. I have never seen this with default sliders in past games. Now, they just don't throw that many strikes on 0-2 counts. I try to foul off borderline pitches, but on a 0-2, 1-2 count my main target is to go back to 2-2 and 3-2. If I have a better hitter up, I try to hit on 2-2, but with worse hitters I stay contact on 2-2, in hope of a single or to make it 3-2. And on 3-2 you just need to be very selective.

If you candrive up the pich count (a la Red Sox), and you force the pitcher to throw 20+ pitches an inning, you will get a walk or a big hit.

Playing The Show 14 is better than ever. The game has never been soo good

Küldve az én iPad-ről Tapatalk használatával

I'm not having trouble with the fundamentals of drawing a walk, its that I'm not seeing any actual balls being thrown outside the zone. Specifically in the minors in RTTS.