Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB The Show (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=515)
-   -   When to use Power vs Normal vs Contact? (/forums/showthread.php?t=740029)

JasonIsGod 05-20-2014 01:28 AM

When to use Power vs Normal vs Contact?

Anyone have any in depth information on this, as I am confused about when to use what.

mgcst5 05-20-2014 01:36 AM

Re: When to use Power vs Normal vs Contact?

Quote:

Originally Posted by JasonIsGod (Post 2046247205)
Anyone have any in depth information on this, as I am confused about when to use what.

Idk if this is the common practice but i use it based on count. In fastball counts ill power swing and with two strikes ill contact swing. I usually use normal on 1-1 and 3-2 counts since the computer can go either way with what they call.

caseyj622 05-20-2014 05:17 AM

I only do power swing on 2-0 or 3-1 counts with guys who have some power. I use contact when I am behind 1-2 or 0-2 in the count with any hitter. All other times I use just the regular swing. Contact swing is great when you are behind in the count to foul off pitches until you can get the count to 2-2 or 3-2 then just use a regular swing and try to square one up.

nemesis04 05-20-2014 06:21 AM

I never use the power swing I find I can be just as effective with a normal swing plus your PCI shrinks on a power swing so your contact ability suffers. I use the contact swing when I am down in the count or trying to move a runner over. The contact swing has too much power this year for some reason.

xCeeTee 05-20-2014 06:31 AM

I use normal when it's the count is even or on my side or 0-1, unless I'm on two strikes. Then, as you would in real life, I shorten my swing by using the contact swing. The only times I use the power button is when I need a homer and the count is on my side and I'm not on two strikes. The best time to get a homer if it's needed is on the 3-0 pitch, because it'll always be a fast ball nearly always down the middle, I've managed to hit a fair few homers off of doing that

loadedlux 05-20-2014 07:29 AM

I've hit way more homeruns with the normal swing than power, so i typically stick with that. But when I'm down 0-2, 1-2 I use contact, the batter i have matters to.

dalger21 05-20-2014 08:10 AM

I generally use contact when I am behind in the count (0-2 and 1-2) so that I can make some "contact" and not strike out. Put the ball in play.....I use normal swing all other times. The only other time I will use power is on a 3-0 count and get the pitch where I want it.

canucksss 05-20-2014 01:51 PM

these are great tips...thanks guys :D