Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB The Show (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=515)
-   -   Stadium Effects A Factor ? (/forums/showthread.php?t=740175)

Ryan97 05-20-2014 12:27 PM

Stadium Effects A Factor ?

Maybe a silly question. I have been playing for quite a few years at this point and have never seen anything confirming that the different stadiums play a factor on the results. For example I assume homeruns are longer at Coors Field but do you actually hit more of them ?

I only recently ask because I was playing a ton of games in all the stadiums except Rogers Center (wanted to check them all out). Everything was playing fantastic for 30 plus games. I finally decide to play a 4 game set there and there were certainly more long balls. About 3-5 a game both teams combine over 4 games.

I suppose I didnt really notice in the past because I would be playing there more frequently in prior years without such long stretches in between.

If this is case, then that's pretty sweet. Also something I will have to take into consideration with how the stats play out.

HozAndMoose 05-20-2014 12:33 PM

Re: Stadium Effects A Factor ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryan97 (Post 2046248051)
Maybe a silly question. I have been playing for quite a few years at this point and have never seen anything confirming that the different stadiums play a factor on the results. For example I assume homeruns are longer at Coors Field but do you actually hit more of them ?

I only recently ask because I was playing a ton of games in all the stadiums except Rogers Center (wanted to check them all out). Everything was playing fantastic for 30 plus games. I finally decide to play a 4 game set there and there were certainly more long balls. About 3-5 a game both teams combine over 4 games.

I suppose I didnt really notice in the past because I would be playing there more frequently in prior years without such long stretches in between.

If this is case, then that's pretty sweet. Also something I will have to take into consideration with how the stats play out.

The ball does carry farther in Coors. Which would lead to more. I have played 3 games in Yankee stadium. There were a total of 48 runs. With one game being 15-11. Maybe both teams were just hot but the homers were coming from everywhere.

wolfpack23 05-20-2014 12:37 PM

I am pretty sure there is a park factor for every stadium. For example, I know that they give you elevations for stadiums which would definitely help with HR distance and certain parks are going to play to certain strengths and weaknesses in regards to offense or pitching.

2kguy 05-20-2014 01:29 PM

I wonder if they take the real city's climate into consideration. For example in stadiums where it is often more rainy and or windy to have those conditions be more prevalent.

wolfpack23 05-20-2014 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2kguy (Post 2046248216)
I wonder if they take the real city's climate into consideration. For example in stadiums where it is often more rainy and or windy to have those conditions be more prevalent.

I don't think so because you hardly ever get rain-outs in the game. I know that wind plays a big part in certain stadiums as does temperature. For example, I don't think I've ever played a non-windy game in Chicago.

forme95 05-20-2014 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfpack23 (Post 2046248857)
I don't think so because you hardly ever get rain-outs in the game. I know that wind plays a big part in certain stadiums as does temperature. For example, I don't think I've ever played a non-windy game in Chicago.

Wait...... THERE IS RAIN-OUTS in this game??????? THIS GAME IS AWESOME!!!!

bcruise 05-20-2014 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by forme95 (Post 2046248897)
Wait...... THERE IS RAIN-OUTS in this game??????? THIS GAME IS AWESOME!!!!

No. (10 char.)

forme95 05-20-2014 05:33 PM

D'oh!!! Bummer. Oh well, game is still AWESOME!!!