Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Basketball Dynasties (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=190)
-   -   #FearTheSword: A Cavs Association [NBA 2K13] (/forums/showthread.php?t=741189)

Wade3 05-25-2014 04:41 PM

#FearTheSword: A Cavs Association [NBA 2K13]

Settings:Please Read
Spoiler

MELO CROWNED AT LAST AS KNICKS BEAT NUGGETS IN SEVEN

It seemed like it just wouldn't happen. Much like the previous NBA finals the New York Knicks have participated in, this one had a loss written all over it as they matched up against the Denver Nuggets with homecourt advantage and took a 3-1 lead. However, the Nuggets fought back and tied at 3 games each before the Knicks blew them out in the Garden for their first NBA Championship.

Finals MVP could have been just about anyone from Carmelo Anthony to Amar'e Stoudemire or Iman Shumpert but it eventually ended up in the hands of the former Nugget himself, Melo. So often criticised and so often mocked for not being able to achieve ultimate success in the NBA, Anthony knew this was his chance, maybe even his last one, to prove his doubters wrong and go all the way for the Knicks and for himself. “ I definitely sat down and thought about how it's always gone wrong for me in these playoffs,” said an emotional Anthony afterwards, “ Many times I thought I'd finally win it and it never happened. When we went 3-1 up and they pulled us back to 3-3 it felt like deja vu. Like it was gonna happen all over again. But I wasn't gonna let that happen and neither were these champions beside me here. We came together last night before this game for 30 minutes and told each other that we just couldn't lose it like this. It had to be ours. And thankfully, it is.”

The NBA 2013 Playoffs will go down as one of the most unpredictable in recent history. #1 from the East, Miami Heat, had the 2013 MVP in their team and were aided with a healthy team however they went down 4-2 to the Wizards. “There are gonna have to be some changes, that's for sure,” quipped a source close to the Heat following the loss. #2 Chicago Bulls fell to the Cavs in 5 games who fell themselves to the Knicks in a 4-1 loss as the Wizards would eventually defeat the #4 Philadelphia Sixers, who beat the Indiana Pacers, before losing in a thrilling seven game series vs the eventual champions, the New York Knicks.

Out West and #1 ranked the Denver Nuggets stay true to their regular season form as they went through the Utah Jazz in 6 games as well as the Minneosota Timberwolves and OKC Thunder on their way to runner up status. #6 Golden State Warriors handled the Los Angeles Lakers and were unlucky to lose to the Thunder in a seven game series where Steph Curry was clearly fouled as he shot the potential game winner in the all-important game.

EAST:
#1 Heat 2-4 Wizards #8
#4 Sixers 4-3 Pacers #5
#3 Knicks 4-3 Nets #6
#2 Bulls 1-4 Cavs #7

#3 Knicks 4-1 Cavs #7
#4 Sixers 2-4 Wizards #8

#3 Knicks 4-3 Wizards #8

WEST:
#1 Nuggets 4-2 Utah #8
#4 Houston Rockets 2-4 Timberwolves #5
#3 LAL 1-4 Golden State Warriors #6
#2 OKC Thunder 4-0 Memphis Grizzlies #7

#1 Nuggets 4-2 Minneosota Timberwolves #5
#2 OKC Thunder 4-3 Golden State Warriors #6

#1 Nuggets 4-2 OKC Thunder #2

NBA FINALS
#3 NYK 4-3 Nuggets #1

FINALS MVP= Carmelo Anthony

Gronk4M13 05-25-2014 05:44 PM

Re: #FearTheSword: A Cavs Association [NBA 2K13]

Good write-up, following. Cavs are a good project.

Wade3 05-26-2014 07:31 PM

STEVE NASH STARTS NEW ERA AT CAVS
Following the departure of General Manger Chris Grant from the Cleveland Cavaliers, owner Dan Gilbert decided to go in a different direction as he convinced recently retired and Hall of Fame inductee Steve Nash to spearhead a new time for the Cavs. Nash signs a 5 year deal with the usually troubled franchise, who finished with a record of 47-35 in the 2012-2013 NBA season and made the playoffs for the first time since 2010.

The work for Nash begins with the NBA Draft as the Cavs were handed the fifteenth & twentieth pick in . Reports are that Nash would like to pick up the seventh pick, currently owned by the Celtics, but it is unclear if the Cavs have the assets to pull the trade off. Another question for Nash will be when the rebuild is officially complete for the team. Started in 2010 as their leader and idol left them for the sunny weather of Miami, the fan base may start to become impatient with further losing seasons. However, an extra year of a struggling year in terms of results may be beneficial for the future considering the much-talked about potential in the upcoming 2014 NBA Draft. A playoff appearance has appeased to the fans but it is thought Steve Nash may be hoping to fall into the lottery for the deep draft this summer.

Free agency isn't expected to produce many surprises from either side, incoming or outgoing, with the Cavs perhaps looking to just fill out their roster with one year deals as opposed to attempting to lure star free agents such as Chris Paul, Dwight Howard and Andre Iguodala. As far as coaching changes go, Byron Scott stays on as coach following an impressive season in developing the young core of the Cavs.

2012-2013 Transactions:
Cavs sign Stephen Jackson for 1yr/ 2.77m
Cavs trade CJ Miles, Omer Casspi, Chris Quinn & a 2014 2nd Rd Pick to Philadelphia Sixers for Kwame Brown, Lavoy Allen & 2013/2014 1st Rd Picks
Cavs trade Tyler Zeller, Luke Walton, 2014 1st Rd Pick (BOS), Daniel Gibson, Wayne Ellington, 2013 2nd Rd Pick (SAC) for Marcus Thornton, Brandon Bass, Fab Melo, 2014 1st Rd Pick from Celtics. Trade also had Rajon Rondo & Jeff Green heading to Sacramento for Isiah Thomas, Salmons, Chuck Hayes & 3 1st Rd Picks & multipled 2nd Rd Picks

Sacramento Kings sign Tyreke Evans 5yr/ 47.51m
Philadelphia Sixers sign Andrew Bynum 4yr/ 70.32m
San Antonio Spurs sign Manu Ginobili 1yr/ 7.61m

Cavs notable awards 2012-2013 NBA season:
Kyrie Irving- All NBA 1st Team, All Defense 2nd Team
Dion Waiters- All Rookie Second Team

Wade3 05-26-2014 07:47 PM

NBA Draft Lottery:

#1 New Orleans Hornets- Cody Zeller C
#2 New York Knicks- Nerlens Noel PF
#3 Orlando Magic- Anthony Bennett PF
#4 Charlotte Bobcats- Kentavious Caldwell-Pope SG
#5 Atlanta Hawks- Ben McLemore SG
#6 Portland Trail Blazers- Mike Muscala C
#7 Boston Celtics- Trey Burke SF
#8 Toronto Raptors- Dennis Schroeder PG
#9 Phoenix Suns- Victor Oladiopo SG
#10 Boston Celtics- Pierre Jackson PG
#11 LA Clippers- Tim Hardaway SG
#12 Milwaukee Bucks- Tony Snell SF
#13 Boston Celtics- Otto Porter SF
#14 Dallas Mavericks- Mason Plumlee

Cleveland Cavaliers draft Shabazz Muhammed at #15

2013 Notable FA Signings:
Dwight Howard to Houston Rockets 4yr/ 77m
Chris Paul to Philadelphia Sixers 4yr/ 77m
Andre Iguodala to Portland Trail Blazers 4yr/ 40m
Paul Millsap to Orlando Magic 4yr/ 42m
Josh Smith to Sacramento Kings 5yr/ 67m
JR Smith to Houston Rockets 3yr/ 27m

Both Chris Paul & Andre Iguodala switched teams this summer

Wade3 05-27-2014 07:23 PM

2013/2014:
It was a bitterly disappointing end to the season for the Cleveland Cavaliers as after much potential being shown before the All-Star Break, the Cavs were very unfortunate as injuries tampered with their season. Key player Kyrie Irving missed 7 weeks due to his injuries while hot shooter Dion Waiters & the double double machine of Tristan Thompson also suffered problems as the Cavs were unable to clinch a playoff spot.

However, for the Denver Nuggets, a second straight trip to the finals ended in triumph & celebration as Finals MVP Ty Lawson helped spearhead their title challenge vs the Chicago Bulls. After their star player Andre Iguodala turned his back on the team in the summer of 2013 many people expected the Nuggets to struggle, but they couldn't have been more wrong as Lawson says " People doubting us just made us stronger. You don't succeed if you're not challenged and this past summer there were definitely times when it looked like we would never win a title."

For the Cavs GM Steve Nash, the focus turns to the offseason now. 3 1st Rd Picks are in the hands of Nash following a few savvy trades with Andrew Wiggins believed to be the prime focus for the Cavaliers GM. As far as free agency goes, armed with almost 50m in cap space, Nash plans to attempt to lure LeBron James back with Carmelo Anthony, Chris Bosh & Paul George targets as well.

CAVS 2013/2014 TRANSACTIONS:
Cavs trade Andersen Varejao to San Antonio Spurs for Tracy McGrady & 2014 1st Rd Pick

slicknick3822 05-27-2014 11:05 PM

Nice roster. I have a Cavs assoc. going on right now (not posted on OS). Im going into year 3 with Kyrie, Dion, Parsons, Julius Randle, and Varejao as my starting 5. The cap room for the Cavs is great. Hoping i can retain Dion after this year.

Wade3 05-28-2014 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slicknick3822 (Post 2046267954)
Nice roster. I have a Cavs assoc. going on right now (not posted on OS). Im going into year 3 with Kyrie, Dion, Parsons, Julius Randle, and Varejao as my starting 5. The cap room for the Cavs is great. Hoping i can retain Dion after this year.

Thanks and that seems like a really solid team. Waiters is alright but hasn't really worked out that well for me. He scores points but I dunno, doesn't really fit in.

To anyone and everyone that is reading this, to let you know that for 13/14 I'll be posting just the score and Cavs POTG. 2014/15 is the real story so hope that's alright :)

abrod266 05-28-2014 08:12 PM

Ahhh, NBA 2K13. The best game in my opinion for Association mode. I made SOOOO many Associations on 2K13, and they all had crazy yet awesome twists. Definitely going to follow this.