Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Pet peeves (/forums/showthread.php?t=742203)

macbranson 05-29-2014 12:00 AM

Pet peeves

List your pet peeves. Some of mine:

When youre running a 2 minute drill and you intentionally run out of bounds to stop the clock and the clock doesn't stop

When you're running a hurry up offense and the computer's defense gets set up before your offense

When a CPU receiver is running a route, they make like one turn to run an out route or a post and next thing you know, your defender is ten yards behind him

Boogeyman124 05-29-2014 02:03 PM

Re: Pet peeves

Is the clock actually under 2 minutes and doesn't stop? NFL rules is the clock starts once the ball is spotted, even after going out of bounds, unless it's after 2 minutes in the first half or under 5 in the second half.

I agree with you on the speed differential. It's frustrating when their receivers can get a ton of separation in a hurry, but if I am throwing the ball their defenders turn into Flash Gordon when the pass is released and are suddenly covering your guy even though they dropped to a different zone.

That is probably my #1 pet peeve, they way the defenders have an afterburner setting that allows them to triple their speed and either make shoe string tackles or cover a guy 8 yards away from them after the ball is thrown.

MattSacramento 06-06-2014 07:22 PM

When...
My 99 speed HB gets shoe string tackled by a 67 speed defensive lineman who's hands are five feet away

When...
My WR with 99 catch in traffic catches the ball, gets lightly tackled from the side by a 40 tackling CB and immediately drops it like a linebacker hitsticked him

When...
An opposing DB runs through my WR like he's a ghost and intercepts the pass

When...
I get intercepted despite the opposing player not looking at the ball once

When...
I sim a CFM game and my 91 OVR undefeated Raiders lose to the 76 OVR, 1-9 Chiefs, who have both the 32 ranked offense and defense in the NFL at the time, by a score of 41-7

When...
I try to scramble out of the pocket and all of my offensive lineman immediately drop all of their blocks, turning what should have been a gain of 25 into a loss of 3

macbranson 06-08-2014 01:56 AM

When it's third and long and my defensive line, consisting of nothing but players rated over 95, generates absolutely zero pressure on the opposing QB despite his terrible offensive line

When terrible CPU QBs play great with 76% completion percentage or higher along with like 4 TDS and no INTs and the actual good QBs (Brady, Manning, Rodgers) play like crap.

When you spend a ton of time and draft picks trying to acquire a player from another team, only to watch him play like crap when you finally get him.

MattSacramento 06-08-2014 02:10 PM

When....
I take a carry with my RB and have the whole open field in front of me, but my FB runs in front of me and I trip over his ankles, resulting in a loss of yardage.

When...
I throw a deep pass to a WIIIIIIIIDE open WR and the single safety who is in the box runs at SUPER speed and intercepts the pass

When...
I'm blitzing and despite nothing being between my DE and the QB, my DE decides to run backwards away from the QB into the tackle who he already beat

When...
I throw a receiver open on a curl route and he starts walking(!) up the field veeeeerrrrrrry sloooooooooowwwwly, costing me a first down on 3rd and 11

When...
I run off tackle and my FB, instead of blocking the linebacker who's about to tackle me, runs to the side and blocks a DE who's already getting blocked by an O-lineman, resulting in a loss of yards

When...
I run an HB toss on the goal line, and it SOMEHOW gets intercepted

When...
I throw a slant, and a CPU linebackers swats it, and it CLEARLY bounces off the turf, but the red "fumble" indicator shows up under the score indicator and the linebacker runs it back for a TD.

When...
Geno Smith goes 25/25 for 422 yards and 5 TDS against 88 OVR Charles Woodson, 90 OVR Tyvonn Branch, 85 OVR DJ Hayden, 86 OVR Tarrell Brown, and 84 OVR Carlos Rogers in my secondary.

killfisheasy 06-09-2014 07:35 AM

good, my FB runs in front of me and I trip over his ankles, resulting in a loss of yardage.thanks

azdawgpound 06-09-2014 12:01 PM

I agree with the fb blocking either air or he takes off running up field and dosen't attempt to block anybody while your stuck in backfield for lost.

also the cb's who run routes better then your wr and never look for ball but int it.

also the cmp defense how when there's a fumble seem to cast a spell on ball and it warps to into there hand even though u have 3 guys diving for the ball and all they come up with is air.

Boogeyman124 06-09-2014 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattSacramento (Post 2046296696)
When...
Geno Smith goes 25/25 for 422 yards and 5 TDS against 88 OVR Charles Woodson, 90 OVR Tyvonn Branch, 85 OVR DJ Hayden, 86 OVR Tarrell Brown, and 84 OVR Carlos Rogers in my secondary.

Holy hell. I've never been hit that bad but I believe it. I would have turned the game off without saving and played that one again. I've only done it a couple times but I admit to backing out of the CFM without saving after that kind of thing happens. I was hit with 22/24 in a Super Bowl a couple seasons back, but never 25/25.