Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB The Show (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=515)
-   -   power swing button, normal swing button or contact swing button? (/forums/showthread.php?t=742553)

sacobo 05-30-2014 06:09 PM

power swing button, normal swing button or contact swing button?

Which is better the power hit button or the normal hit button or the contact? And What situations do you use them in? I'm a newbie...

turty11 05-30-2014 06:11 PM

Re: power swing button, normal swing button or contact swing button?

i use r-stick but from what ive read contact swings are super broken strong atm

Dwenny 05-30-2014 08:03 PM

Normal is best for me. I use contact to help in fouling off pitches when behind in the count. Power, I rarely use.

The Chef 05-30-2014 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turty11 (Post 2046275161)
i use r-stick but from what ive read contact swings are super broken strong atm

I also heard that and have seen it first hand online but for whatever reason I don't hit anything even near the warning track using contact. I think the best I've done is lace a few into the gaps using contact but haven't hit a HR using it as of yet offline.

turty11 05-30-2014 11:23 PM

i tried using button swining in HR derby after i read this thread, with all 3 types i never hit a single ball in play lol. 10 outs 0 hr ><

roidrager12345 05-31-2014 03:49 AM

I almost always use power button til I get two strikes. As a ballplayer growing up from little league all the way through college I was always taught, "take your best two cuts and don't get cheated."

Seancefc 05-31-2014 07:01 AM

I'm mostly getting deep fly outs with contact, pop ups with power and ground outs with normal! Getting my stride perfect is really hard this year...does it need fixing or have they changed it purposely?

Mitchrapp 05-31-2014 10:03 AM

Normal and contact when I'm behind in the count it helps me get to hard to reach pitches. I've hit home runs with the contract swing at times as well..power swing, never.