Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB The Show (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=515)
-   -   Do You Celebrate? (/forums/showthread.php?t=742626)

roolz 05-31-2014 08:23 AM

Do You Celebrate?

When I say celebrate it may not mean after winning a game etc... but maybe something in game?

For example; a close play at first and ill copy the umpire in game with his signal of the out...

A key strikeout and ill go into Leslie Neilson mode (you know what I mean ;) )

Even a homerun and im pretending to do the high five, face wipe moves that go with it.

I think its good to be sucked into a game that much, that you actually replicate stuff because it feels good too

Maybe its just me :wave:

Davee926 05-31-2014 08:59 AM

Re: Do You Celebrate?

I like this question because sometimes I find myself just pressing x and moving on to the next play.

Probably a good lesson for us all, slow down and enjoy the moments! It's a game!

NEOPARADIGM 05-31-2014 09:23 AM

Heck yeah man I do all that stuff. Pretend I'm the ump on key plays "STRAAAAAAAA!!" (since half the time they're silent), do running commentary for like half the at-bats (since I have commentary turned off), fist pumps, clapping, the whole nine.

Mostly I'm just going ham as an amalgam of all the broadcasters I've heard in my day though, yes out loud.

Mitchrapp 05-31-2014 10:00 AM

When I get a big strikeout I always say "get your *** back on the bench." I get excited when a slow guy gets a triple or a walk off single..never too old to act like a child.

Hender3 05-31-2014 11:20 AM

yeah, I get excited.. I say things like "Get outta here ball!" whenever someone jacks a homer or something like "He's in there!" when I get safe on a close play.. But with the celebration and excitement, also comes the frustrations. Yes I yell at my TV, or my pitcher, or a player that strikes out.

turty11 05-31-2014 12:07 PM

no joke i signal out and safe on almost every play and give a little fist pump after getting an xbh

then 5 minutes later im yelling at the fake ump who called a strike a ball making me walk in a run ><

allstardad 05-31-2014 12:25 PM

I get caught up in the moments. I pump my fist after a key play, jump out of chair on a deep fly, and yell at the umps on a bad call.

My wife thinks I'm nuts...LOL

jeff257 05-31-2014 12:49 PM

I certainly celebrated a homerun yesterday during my next to last triple a regular season game. It was my second at bat in the 5th inning. I had single earlier in the inning and eventually came around to score. I watched as my team was demolishing the pitcher and thought it would be awesome to get another at bat. Sure enough it comes around to me again and I hit a no doubter. I will definitely be putting that into a highlight reel later today.