Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NBA 2K Basketball (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=497)
-   -   (Potential) VC Solutions (/forums/showthread.php?t=743340)

Junior Moe 06-04-2014 08:20 PM

(Potential) VC Solutions

Count me as one who has been burned by the implementation and emphasis on VC. It has hampered the game, and my enjoyment of it on the X1. So much so that I have gone back to the 360 for my 2K fix. With the success and revenue VC has generated I find it highly unlikely that it will be de-emphasized. I cant blame them, 2K (like EA) has a fiduciary responsibility to their shareholders so I understand the economics of it. VC isn't going anywhere so we might as well try to find ways to live with it...

Anyhow, I wonder how would people feel about having a lowered, set amount of VC in exchange for full player editing. Say 200VC per win and 100VC per loss, versus the 400 to 650 (or whatever it is now) for games played within the restrictive MYGM. I personally wouldn't care because I would log way more time with the game if I could edit my players like I can on the 360. Not for cheese purposes, either. It's more for progressing/regressing players and editing accessories and jumpshots. It helps me stay interested in the game and correct issues I have with 2K's trade logic and inflated player ratings. I would give up VC completely if it meant getting back player editing, but that isn't happening because 2K has to provide a way for players to "earn" VC without paying for it outright. What are your suggestions for making VC amiable for all of us, because it isn't going anywhere?

BDG 06-07-2014 04:45 PM

Re: (Potential) VC Solutions

I completely agree with the player editing. I find myself playing 2k strictly on my ps3 and not using my ps4 much. 2k14 on ps4 took some steps in the right direction (emotion badges, players becoming coaches, staff badges,) But i feel they regressed in the area that made me love 2k sports games in the first place: CUSTOMIZATION! No create a player, no editing while in MyGM, no editing at all when you're offline! I had to play a full 7-minute game just to unlock player rotations when i played offline, I enjoy simming and managing my team throughout the years and i feel they made that less enjoyable with the next-gen version.

HowDareI 06-07-2014 10:13 PM

I just think it's funny that you're not allowed to customize your players in MyGm...like what is a guy gonna make an all-99 lineup and sim games just to get end of the season awards for 50 vc? ooooo big deal.
Even if you make a team of all 99's and play every game just winning it still doesn't give you a bunch of extra vc.

Pure laziness.

24ct 06-08-2014 08:02 AM

Ok first off. VC is only relevant because we keep buying the game AND VC

Since 2k added VC the sales of the game probably have gone UP and not DOWN...needless to say...business is all profit. The ONLY way we're going to get rid of VC collectively is if we either A)boycott 2k...which nobody is going to do
B)get a petition started
C)any other idea that decreses profits...

THEN 2k...or actually it's probably more Take Two Publishing thn 2k Sports...btu anyway if we did this...I guarantee they would patch vc out of 2K15 lol.....

Nothing is gonna happen tho because this is gonna sell at the same rate.

dukebeatsuncagain 06-08-2014 09:41 AM

Also amount if VC earned in MyGM is tied to the time length.

If you win a 12 minute game you get a little over 900 vc.

Not really that hard to earn honestly.

How about they just let us edit stuff without having to cut vc earnings....again.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

kadzier 06-08-2014 10:12 AM

They really need to get rid of the stupid overpriced gear in MyCareer. Maybe make all accessories free but charge VC for ones that give you a boost like +2 shot medium etc. Who the hell has 1200 VC to drop on a generic headband??

Rockie_Fresh88 06-08-2014 11:14 AM

It doesn't need to be in mygm/association especially to do basic task.

That's why I don't play it

Junior Moe 06-08-2014 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mars5541 (Post 2046296398)
It doesn't need to be in mygm/association especially to do basic task.

That's why I don't play it

I agree. I understand having to use it to upgrade skills for your GM. Theoretically, the more games you win, the more VC you accumulate, the better your GM. But let us edit ALL players' accessories, our rotations, and all basic tasks for our offline Association/MYGM. And if I want to edit ratings then let me. I'll take the VC penalty or none at all. Just give me the option.