Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   Penalty overhaul? Pass Interference Finally? (/forums/showthread.php?t=744050)

JayD 06-09-2014 06:08 PM

Penalty overhaul? Pass Interference Finally?

So will we finally see penalties play a part in the game? Yes we see holding, face mask, false start, and the very rare offsides, but what about the rest? mainly pass interference. Plus would love for sliders to actually be functional this year.

Greenblood60 06-09-2014 06:16 PM

Re: Penalty overhaul? Pass Interference Finally?

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayD (Post 2046300301)
So will we finally see penalties play a part in the game? Yes we see holding, face mask, false start, and the very rare offsides, but what about the rest? mainly pass interference. Plus would love for sliders to actually be functional this year.

My guess would be no since they didn't even mention it. I remember, in an interview last year, for last gen Madden, Rex said it wouldn't be addressed for Madden 25, but it was a possibility for Madden 15, and if not M15 it would be in M16.

In EA speak that means Madden 16, and even then it wouldn't suprise me if it wasn't addressed in Madden 16. Keep in mind that this was all concerning last gen.

azdawgpound 06-09-2014 08:28 PM

I've actually seen DPI and OPI called in 25 dosen't happen every game but its happen more in 25 then in previous versions maybe its how I have my sliders set.

I've even seen illegal touch called as we'll and again this is first madden I've saw that called in and its not even on the list.

I believe they said they added some into madden this yr so be curious see if they work on normal settings or if we have to adjust those ones as we'll.

m1ke_nyc 06-09-2014 08:35 PM

No, I tweeted Clint Oldenburg about it and he said it received little focus this year as well as the challenge system.

Cre8 06-09-2014 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ratedmoney (Post 2046300822)
No, I tweeted Clint Oldenburg about it and he said it received little focus this year as well as the challenge system.

Well... This leaves me a bit annoyed...

To say the least.

cusefan74 06-10-2014 04:45 PM

I can live without the penalties if they make a good game. Although they would be nice to have.

wordtobigbird 06-10-2014 06:08 PM

I'm OK with using sliders to create penalties as long as the sliders work. And based on how much sliders/penalties effected gameplay last year they had to change something because if they changed the gameplay they changed the sliders/penalties. They are all linked together. I doubt they would advertise fixing the sliders as a back of the box feature. 90% of people who buy Madden have no idea how broken they even are I'm sure.

johnnyg713 06-11-2014 04:15 AM

Seems like last year was the running game and offensive line, this year is defensive line, tackling and zone defense. Next year I'm willing to bet it's all about the passing game and man to man coverage. I'm okay with that. They have really been fleshing out the improvements and really focusing on that area of the game. Madden 16 should be the complete game we've been waiting for