Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   OS Roundtable: Is Madden's Focus Where it Should Be? (/forums/showthread.php?t=744130)

RaychelSnr 06-10-2014 10:25 AM

OS Roundtable: Is Madden's Focus Where it Should Be?

With Madden being a more defensively focused game this year, it appears the developers are trying to fix one big part of what has made the game feel stale to many the past few years on the field. Will the additions on the defensive half of the ball lead to more fun or will Madden still feel stale in your non-hands on opinions?

Read on to find out our responses and add your own in the comments!

Read More - OS Roundtable: Is Madden's Focus Where it Should Be?

Cre8 06-10-2014 10:32 AM

Re: OS Roundtable: Is Madden's Focus Where it Should Be?

The focus is where I expect it to be. They are improving some aspects that need to be improved such as the tackling system, etc.

However, the fact that they are just now fixing things like wind and throwing accuracy meaning anything makes me SMH. These are integral aspects of football on a base level and should have been implemented back in Madden 10-25.

This game has made me annually go :nocomprende:.

CM Hooe 06-10-2014 10:35 AM

Given how offense-oriented of a game Madden has been has historically been, I don't understand how the answer to this question can possibly be "no".

bucky60 06-10-2014 10:41 AM

If the CPU AI is greatly improved for the 21 (or 20) players not controlled by the user (or 22 in a coach mode), then part of the focus is where it should be.

jmurphy31 06-10-2014 10:47 AM

I think part of Madden's focus should be on the defensive side but the ball, but I think its the implantation that has everyone skeptic. It seems like the usual EA back of the box gimmick that is:
  1. Either Overpowering or Doesn't quite work right
  2. Never improved on
  3. then removed form the game a year or two from now.
I am glad some of the focus is on Presentation, but again it needs to be built on each year. It seems presentation isn't improved each year and just changed every 3 or 4 years. How many different attempts at pregame has EA tried, but haven't had a weekly update show ir post game wrap up.
  • Stadium Overviews
  • Head to Head QB Match-ups with specific dialogue
  • Real Team entrances
  • Phil and Jim
  • Movie Sequence from last year

Cre8 06-10-2014 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmurphy31 (Post 2046302485)
I think part of Madden's focus should be on the defensive side but the ball, but I think its the implantation that has everyone skeptic. It seems like the usual EA back of the box gimmick that is:
  1. Either Overpowering or Doesn't quite work right
  2. Never improved on
  3. then removed form the game a year or two from now.
I am glad some of the focus is on Presentation, but again it needs to be built on each year. It seems presentation isn't improved each year and just changed every 3 or 4 years. How many different attempts at pregame has EA tried, but haven't had a weekly update show ir post game wrap up.
  • Stadium Overviews
  • Head to Head QB Match-ups with specific dialogue
  • Real Team entrances
  • Phil and Jim
  • Movie Sequence from last year

It would be nice if CFM actually showed some sort of continuity from the commentary perspective. If not commentary, maybe in the 'news feed' we could see some sort of life in our respective CFMs.

jmurphy31 06-10-2014 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cre8 (Post 2046302500)
It would be nice if CFM actually showed some sort of continuity from the commentary perspective. If not commentary, maybe in the 'news feed' we could see some sort of life in our respective CFMs.

I couldn't agree more. It seems as if youre playing 16 play now games with stats. Last year, they did try to tie in things from last week, but it was so bare bones (but its a start).

m1ke_nyc 06-10-2014 10:57 AM

Yes they are focusing on the right thing. But they had 3 huge issues with the game. Defense, AI, Animations. We get told every year AI is better but then the same exploits work. So its still a wait and see.