Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   Madden DLC idea - Path to the Draft (/forums/showthread.php?t=748868)

Mauler97 07-02-2014 08:52 AM

Madden DLC idea - Path to the Draft

While I believe we should have more Sim franchise stuff included in Madden. I mean the depth of Head Coach 2009 should be the minimum, but it's not and not sure if it ever will.

Since EA likes money, why don't they gives us Sim fans what we want with DLC that revolves around the draft. Like get Daniel Jeremiah and have an offseason Path to the Draft video show like NFL 2K5 had. Give us a weekly Total Access Show, like NFL 2k5 had also.

EA gets more money and we finally get a deeper football game.

I'm sick of hearing "Next Year", just do it now. I would buy it.

Kaiser Wilhelm 07-02-2014 08:55 AM

Re: Madden DLC idea - Path to the Draft

Nothing mentioned here is sim. It's just eye candy. Also, I'd say no based on principle alone. DLC is one of the worst things to happen to gaming. **** micro-transactions, and the way EA handles them in particular.

msdm27 07-02-2014 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaiser Wilhelm (Post 2046360918)
Nothing mentioned here is sim. It's just eye candy. Also, I'd say no based on principle alone. DLC is one of the worst things to happen to gaming. **** micro-transactions, and the way EA handles them in particular.

While I agree with the post above.... DLC SUX!

I'd be more than willing to pay some extra to get add-ons for CFM.... It really is amazing to me that EA has never really explored this area.

Actually, I think they did.... but just with DLC for some attribute boosts.

It'd be awesome if they develop DLC that influences the overall setup of the mode.

CM Hooe 07-02-2014 10:31 AM

DLC can't just be thrown into a game if the game's backend doesn't support it. Given that Madden historically has never had game-extending DLC (with the exception of the introduction of Ultimate Team in Madden 10), I can't imagine this would work if Tiburon didn't plan for it. Which, they very well could have for this year's release, but I highly doubt it based on past evidence.

It's more likely you see an expanded offseason presentation in a boxed release, to that end, be it this year or sometime in the future.

As to DLC in principle - it's a proven successful business model and it's not going anywhere.