Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports UFC (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=535)
-   -   Instant Standups and Power Take Downs (/forums/showthread.php?t=749662)

Lakers 24 7 07-06-2014 10:02 PM

Instant Standups and Power Take Downs

Just wondering, has this game been patched or tuned since release? I started playing again for the first time in weeks and it just feels broken now.

I can now get the fight back standing without any work at all. Just L3 and it's an instant standup every time. No one can defend against it and I myself can longer stop people from standing when I used to be pretty good at it. RT + down just doesn't seem to work anymore. Basically taking the ground game out of the equation now.

Also, I find regular takedowns easy to stuff, but the power slams are impossible to stop.

Anyone else playing recently notice this? Game went from being pretty good to unplayable like this.

SwedishTouch76 07-06-2014 10:43 PM

Re: Instant Standups and Power Take Downs

I haven't noticed that. I held a guy down for almost an entire round last night

Factzzz 07-07-2014 03:41 PM

definitely haven't noticed this, all i do is play online, and all i do is ground work. I'm able to hold people down for whole fights easily, especially if they spam l3 for an instant standup.

Btw, it's RT and left or right to block them from standing up. At least that's what i use.

SwedishTouch76 07-07-2014 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Factzzz (Post 2046373066)
definitely haven't noticed this, all i do is play online, and all i do is ground work. I'm able to hold people down for whole fights easily, especially if they spam l3 for an instant standup.

Btw, it's RT and left or right to block them from standing up. At least that's what i use.

Left or right blocks them passing or getting back to half guard etc. Rt plus down prevents them from standing up clicking ls

Factzzz 07-08-2014 04:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SwedishTouch76 (Post 2046373723)
Left or right blocks them passing or getting back to half guard etc. Rt plus down prevents them from standing up clicking ls

I always use r2 (im on ps4) and left or right and it blocks them from standing up all the time.

urlacher51 07-08-2014 11:33 PM

when blocking transitions and to prevent someone from getting up when you are on top mount , do u flick the right stick in that direction and hold R2/RT or do you hold the right stick in that direction and hold R2/RT? because when im on top mount and i see the guy trying to get to the stand up position im always holding R2 and holding the right stick down, but they always still get up.

Factzzz 07-09-2014 03:18 PM

Hold R2/RT and the right analog stick left or right.

Trust me, i do this exclusively and my ground is crazy good. It doesn't matter what side you hold as long you're holding one side, it'll block them from getting up.

The only time someone gets an instant standup on me is when my stamina is low. Which is rare.

urlacher51 07-09-2014 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Factzzz (Post 2046378705)
Hold R2/RT and the right analog stick left or right.

Trust me, i do this exclusively and my ground is crazy good. It doesn't matter what side you hold as long you're holding one side, it'll block them from getting up.

The only time someone gets an instant standup on me is when my stamina is low. Which is rare.

, thanks............................................ ...................................