Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=493)
-   -   Madden NFL 15 Video - The Gauntlet (/forums/showthread.php?t=750463)

Steve_OS 07-10-2014 05:54 PM

Madden NFL 15 Video - The Gauntlet

EA Sports has just released another Madden NFL 15 video. This one features the new Gauntlet mode. I had fun with it at E3, so I might be able to answer a few questions. Otherwise, ask away and I'll get some answers from the Producers.

Quote:

The Gauntlet is available as part of Skills Trainer in Madden NFL 15, which has received a major upgrade of its own. This year Skills Trainer will feature 48 different tutorials, drills and challenges, encompassing not only tradition in-game skills, but football strategy as well. Players can learn basic concepts like what a Cover 2 defense actually is, as well as what kinds of plays are designed to beat it. This expansion of Skills Trainer provides something for almost everyone, from brand-new Madden NFL players to 25-year vets. Once you’ve mastered Skills Trainer, put your newfound knowledge to the test in The Gauntlet!

Is this something you are interested in?

The JareBear 07-10-2014 06:02 PM

Re: Madden NFL 15 Video - The Gauntlet

Interesting. Nothing in this video made me think "Oh wow, that's awesome," but I am all for additional modes/content for us gamers to enjoy. I did enjoy playing the mini-games, especially pass skeleton trying to go for high scores, in the old NCAA 06 days so maybe I will give this mode some love too.

DNMHIII 07-10-2014 06:07 PM

Looks cool I guess, probably not something I'll spend time on but I'm sure some people might. The practice field looks great if anything and that's a step forward.

Gonna really be bummed if Offline/Online leagues didn't get any real attention and it's this that they incorporated into practice mode and that's it.

SageInfinite 07-10-2014 06:09 PM

I hope that dude's voice isn't part of the mode. That **** was cheesy. Mini games are cool though. I enjoyed the skills trainer last year.

MajorSupreme 07-10-2014 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DNMHIII (Post 2046381956)
Looks cool I guess, probably not something I'll spend time on but I'm sure some people might. The practice field looks great if anything and that's a step forward.

Gonna really be bummed if Offline/Online leagues didn't get any real attention and it's this that they incorporated into practice mode and that's it.

My thoughts exactly. It looks fun, though. I just wish there were practice uniforms.

TTD71 07-10-2014 06:12 PM

If it plays out more like the Old days of Madden NFL 2003/2004 where you could actually use the practice drills to hone your skills it would be a welcome addition...WTF was going on with that clip where there were a ton of reporters on the field? Was that supposed to be simulating the combine or Super Bowl Media day? (confused)

(EDIT) - OK, re-watched the clip....clearly neither Media Day or Combine...

The thing that jumped out at me was the number of identical player movements, animations and outcomes that carried over from M25 on PS4...in that 25 second clip I saw at least 6 things that were identical and disheartening.

The graphics looked better, the player models continue to impress and the overall concept is (hopefully) a good addition...but dammit EA, if you're making hype videos, is there really so few new animations to show that we have to see the same 1-handed grab and stumble reception (identical to M25)? the same RB juke move and defender confusion move? The same jumping INT animation and landing? the same arms raised while scoring TD celebration? the same kamikaze tackling and lifeless falling down of the player after being hit?

I have historically found these mini-games fun and a decent way to waste time with Madden without resorting to playing online or in a season or full game...I do hope that practice field (OUTDOORS again) is finally back in the game....the airplane hangar from M25 with a blank back wall is pathetic...at least this one looks to be a much improved practice field...

goravens2052 07-10-2014 06:12 PM

Wondering if this is what they were talking about for practice being improved in CFM but from the looks it is separate from CFM.

Hm... does make me cringe a bit. The annoying voice over, and once again unneccessary RPG elements into a sports game. "One Life Left", "Boss Battle". Like seriously, this is not a RPG game, stop trying to make it one.

This does kinda me remind me of Training Camp from the PS2 days... took long enough lol.

apollon42 07-10-2014 06:13 PM

This just doesn't look next -gen to me. Especially that tackle on Reggie Bush where he looks like he just ran into a brick wall.