Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NFL Head Coach (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=135)
-   -   2014 Roster Update (Coming Soon) (/forums/showthread.php?t=751026)

xCAGEx 07-14-2014 03:22 PM

2014 Roster Update (Coming Soon)

It's that time of year again...

Recently I was give permission by RONDO is GOD to use his current and most updated Madden 25 roster as the base for my current Head Coach update.
I have been working on this update now for a week and wanted to provide an update as to where I currently stand with it.

PLAYERS -
Rondos file contains over 2600 hundred players.
Because of roster restrictions in Head Coach, a little over 2500 players where ported over.
This is a straight port of Rondos roster. Meaning not player ratings where adjusted.
I am currently working on cosmetics of the game.
For some reason when ported over QBs where the size of linemen :)
Some running backs had the same issue. This as been fixed.
Some QBs wearing gloves. Not sure the cause of this glitch and am currently unable to fix.
Still finding some players with skin tone issue. Will be asking for your help in locating more as I am unable to look at all 2500 players.
I have begun adjusted the size of all players. In looking back at last years final update, I felt there was not enough of a difference in the size of linemen on both sides of the ball vs skilled position players. This has been addressed. Now linemen will look like linemen. Corners will look like Corners. Currently in the final stage of this process.
Now with a noticeable size difference in all players, visually the game should look and feel better when playing from different camera angels.

Coaches -
All Head Coaches, OCs and DCs have been updated or added.
Playbooks and philosophies updated.
ALL COACHES now will have the ability to reach Max potential and skills as the Created Coach does.
Adjusted all coaches Job Security Status. Now no coach will start the season on the hot set.
The scale works -
0 - On Hot Seat
1 - Doing a Good Job
2 - Doing A Great Job
3 - Unbelievable
First year coaches have a been adjusted to a 2.
Play off teams are adjusted to a 2
Super Bowl teams adjusted to a 3
All others a 1.
This should lower the number of coaches fired after the first season.
When looking at the default settings most all coaches where at a 1. Feed back would be appreciated as you guys complete your first and second seasons.
Adjusted Head Coaches play call philosophies. Since only a few Head Coaches actually call offensive and defensive plays I have adjusted this accordingly.
In looking at default settings most head coaches where set to call plays on both sides of the ball.
Not sure how this will effect the progress and development of OC and DCs. Will ask for feed back from you as you play.
Play calling aggression adjusted for all OC and DC to better match relief counter part.
From my understanding the aggression controls play calling in simmed games.
May wanna look back at this if certain stats seem inflated.
Something goofy I adjusted - added ball cap to created coach.
Now your created coach where's your teams cap on the sidelines. Only tested with a few different created coaches. But confirmed on coach 28 and lower.

I will have a beta test version of the roster up by weeks end.
It will be a test version and I will be asking your help as you play for feed back.
Many players have skin color issues and as you can imagine I can not spot check all 2500 players.
Also will be asking you to look for missing helmets and face masks .

Until later ....
Let the countdown begin

Cage

Mike3207 07-14-2014 05:54 PM

Re: 2014 Roster Update (Coming Soon)

Is this for Xbox360 or PS3? Or both?

xCAGEx 07-14-2014 08:55 PM

It will be for Xbox .... But Jlech will be able to convert this for PS3.
I have tried but every time I do I get freezing issues ...

jlech1805 07-15-2014 10:37 AM

Sounds good.

Just so you know I tested play call aggression a long time ago and it does nothing at least in sim. The playbook + play call style controls the run pass split.

I can't test or edit anything currently as my PS3 is dead, but if you post an excel I can take a look for any suggestions.

jake53 07-15-2014 05:02 PM

I'll definitely help check for any issues.

xCAGEx 07-16-2014 10:07 PM

Fixing some salary cap issue ....
Will have my first test version ready for download tomorrow after :)

xCAGEx 07-18-2014 04:17 PM

So had everything where I wanted it and then found an error where some players had fatigue issues .. Some players had fatigue levels as high as a 128% and others as low as 0.
Corrected all players to 99 and now the roster freezes after the first practice. Working on a fix for this

cocacolaman 07-20-2014 06:29 PM

Can't wait to give it a try, thanks for the work.